Fantasy mod (Original thread) Includes FAQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it has been mentioned :razz:

btw, yeah, currently The dense forest and huge desert have no function whatsoever. I am yet to think of a purpose, and just let em stay there. The scene's aren't harming anybody anyway

Espressokuppi :

Neat, thanks.
Any wierd non related dialog really should get reported in order to clean calradia out of the mod :razz:

I've been wondering if people playing the alliance side have noticed any invasions or attacks of trollish warparties --
how is your frontline looking?

Also, trollish players, ever assisted attacks? ever ordered troll war parties around? etc..

Just checking how the basic war system is working on various save games.
Let me know about your game :smile:

may it be, that the "superswords" (like the saviour) are "turned wrong"  so the bladeside (the "sharp" :wink:) is not the side you slice with (so you do with the blunt side)

is this problem going to be fixed? (or is it fixed allready but i didn't see it because i didn't read the rest of the thread?)

(and i didn't figure out how to work with the brf editor to change it... :sad: )

Honigmlone said:
may it be, that the "superswords" (like the saviour) are "turned wrong"  so the bladeside (the "sharp" :wink:) is not the side you slice with (so you do with the blunt side)

is this problem going to be fixed? (or is it fixed allready but i didn't see it because i didn't read the rest of the thread?)

(and i didn't figure out how to work with the brf editor to change it... :sad: )

Ah yes, just noticed.

I'll fix it for next version.

Btw, you can't move models in BRFedit, just watch them. To change position you need to go into wings and rotate the actuall model.

(i just found, that many two handed weapons are called one handed :grin:)

[quote author=Highelfwarrior]

Btw, you can't move models in BRFedit, just watch them. To change position you need to go into wings and rotate the actuall model.

[/quote]

call me stupid, but: what is wings?  :roll:

Honigmlone said:
(i just found, that many two handed weapons are called one handed :grin:)

[quote author=Highelfwarrior]

call me stupid, but: what is wings?  :roll:
[/quote]

Yeah, there some bug or trouble with 2 handed and 1 handed tags, this has been mentioned but thanks anyway.

Wings3D is a modeling program -- the 3D things you see in a game are made with modeling programs, I, and most M&B modelers make M&B models in Wings3d

so next problem found: (maybe my PC/etc. is guilty, but...) can't save when edit witf the mb editor (doesn't affect the gameplay ;D)
and the helmets (or some helmets) don't fit on trolls

aaaand:
as i now could rotate the model, how can i rotate the textures?
i flipped the image (ff_4.dds) but nothing happens....

(yeah, i know wrong place for a "small" tutorial...

p.s.: what i forgot to say: fine mod :smile: (althoug the trolls look more like orcs, but who cares? :wink:)

edit: texture problem solved ^^
i thought i had to flip it but didn't need to :grin:

so next problem found: (maybe my PC/etc. is guilty, but...) can't save when edit witf the mb editor (doesn't affect the gameplay ;D)

The M&B unnoficial editor is not stable and uncompatible with most mods. I use python and I'm the only one that has the source.

and the helmets (or some helmets) don't fit on trolls

Yeah, those helmets are human size.

As a troll you're not supposed to wear helmets for now.

Eventually I'll add a custom armor merchant wich eliminates all human helmets, and add troll specific helmets.

In fact I've been working on troll helmets since yesterday, I might provide picture later on.

aaaand:
as i now could rotate the model, how can i rotate the textures?
i flipped the image (ff_4.dds) but nothing happens....

(yeah, i know wrong place for a "small" tutorial...

I don't really get why you would want to rotate a texture..

Just found this mod, looks cool. Can't wait to ride all the freaky beasts. Found a problem with the trollish village though. Besides the 3 passages to Zendar (from the merchant) and a missing bow in the arena, you can also milk Zur the arena master after winning a fight: just talk to him, take 20 exp and 2 gold, decide not to fight and talk to him again, ad nauseum... Like This:

looking forward to updates.

- In all towns I've seen the asking what is traded options give you stock names.

- If you attack a warcamp as a human/elf, you only get paid the first time, yet you can keep requesting warcamps to attack.

- Farmers don't upgrade. Nor do Guardians of the Frontline (?)

- Balance seems a bit off. I almost never see Troll Invaders winning fights. Thrown axes aren't matching up too well against calvary charges I guess.

its late so i admit i didnt flip through every page to see if these where mentioned

Elven outpost: cant exit the merchant or tavern. Dosnt give you the option once you enter, then try to leave.(easy to remedy in game just tab out)

Barbarian parties are weak

Saw a troll war party all the way north at Elven outpost. Duno how it got that far north but it was nice running into them.

the little island off shore from the elder camp has a town icon (no name, cant enter it) also a refugee party spawns on the island as well.

Elara said:
- If you attack a warcamp as a human/elf, you only get paid the first time, yet you can keep requesting warcamps to attack.

you forgot, that you get the ability to burn it down without killing all enemies in it :wink:

Elara said:
- Balance seems a bit off. I almost never see Troll Invaders winning fights. Thrown axes aren't matching up too well against calvary charges I guess.

and the trolls have no mounted units... :-/
i think even the war trolls are somehow a bit weak... one knight of the throne can easily kill more of them...

is it possible, that the sentinels (elven...) have no bows? evertime i see them they are running around with a sword and shield... althoug i upgraded them from archers...

Elara said:
- Farmers don't upgrade.
They are not meant to be upgradable. That's what HEW said earlier.

Wulfred said:
Barbarian parties are weak
They are meant to be weak, because they are like "river pirates" in the native. (I think)

HEW can answer the rest...  :smile:

Only have ten minutes so I'll just try and respond to everything as good as I can.

They are not meant to be upgradable. That's what HEW said earlier.
--
They are meant to be weak, because they are like "river pirates" in the native. (I think)

Both correct :smile:

you forgot, that you get the ability to burn it down without killing all enemies in it

I really, really thought that got fixed  :neutral:

you guys are both playing 0.6 ?
Ever tried on a new game?

and the trolls have no mounted units... :-/
i think even the war trolls are somehow a bit weak... one knight of the throne can easily kill more of them...

I'll strenghten trolls abit, but I'm still keeping them infantry and mostly melee.

I know its kinda easy that way, but I really have no idea what mount to give them, without totally changing the feeling of the mod.

Besides, trolls look way cooler on foot.  :razz:

Anyway, for more strenght, I'll focus more on ranged -- axes and spears. And adding the helmets will highten armor. I'll aslo buff some of their weapons.

is it possible, that the sentinels (elven...) have no bows? evertime i see them they are running around with a sword and shield... althoug i upgraded them from archers...

Sentinels are the top tier elven troop. they upgrade from both melee and archer. They have melee weapons and bows.
Some go melee, some go ranged, some both.

Elven outpost: cant exit the merchant or tavern. Dosnt give you the option once you enter, then try to leave.(easy to remedy in game just tab out)

Yeah, thanks for mentioning. * Puts on to do / bug list :smile:*

Saw a troll war party all the way north at Elven outpost. Duno how it got that far north but it was nice running into them.
No way he could've got there other than travel all the way from their land. What day were you in?

the little island off shore from the elder camp has a town icon (no name, cant enter it) also a refugee party spawns on the island as well.

The refugees must've spawned of dhorak keep. i'll be removing this, thanks for mentioning.

- In all towns I've seen the asking what is traded options give you stock names.

Dunno about this, I can't look and test either on this PC, thanks for mentioning though. If there is a problem I'll fix it.

Nor do Guardians of the Frontline (?)

If this is true this seems like a big bug. Again, thanks for mentioning.

you guys are both playing 0.6 ?
Ever tried on a new game?

yes :grin:

I know its kinda easy that way, but I really have no idea what mount to give them, without totally changing the feeling of the mod.

Besides, trolls look way cooler on foot.  Razz

Anyway, for more strenght, I'll focus more on ranged -- axes and spears. And adding the helmets will highten armor. I'll aslo buff some of their weapons.

right right... mounted trolls may look strange ^^
and i have no idea, too, what a troll mount could look like
no light bows for them? ^^

can you raise the troop size of the trolls or is that random how big a party is? (this may strengthen them, too)

Currently day 18

Yeah, Seeying as the trolls follow GotT parties and PotF parties, they could've easely followed one way to the north east of the map in 18 days.

can you raise the troop size of the trolls or is that random how big a party is? (this may strengthen them, too)

I can change the size but it still varies around that value I give. Instead of making troll parties larger I'm thinking of lowering PotF and GotT war party ammounts. Making the battles last less etc..

Yes, i have 0.6
Yes, new game

Hmm.. Well, I might test it (again) later on today
When I tried before uploading it really worked fine playing as a human.. Are you guys elf or man?

Anyway, is everyone having this problem ? Just to make sure..

Are you guys elf or man?

elf...(tired of playing man, as this is the only mod to choose, as i remember :wink: [the lotr mod doesn't count])

is burning down troll camps the only quest in the mod?
(cause i had to raid warcamp 1 the second time... [couldn't raid it, just burn it down])

Honigmlone said:
Are you guys elf or man?

elf...(tired of playing man, as this is the only mod to choose, as i remember :wink: [the lotr mod doesn't count])

is burning down troll camps the only quest in the mod?
(cause i had to raid warcamp 1 the second time... [couldn't raid it, just burn it down])

You're only supposed to do the warcamp quest once.
You were able to redo the quest a second time?

If you read the first post you'll see that the warcamp quest is the first of warquests to be implented. Much more should come with newer versions..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom