Family wedding arrangement feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

a_ver_est

Knight at Arms
Finally I was able to arrenge my borther wedding, great!!! it was with a lady of Caladog's clan, he accepted my proposal at first glance which honestly it was unrealistic due:

- I was a small clan tier 2
- Not a battanian vassall
- I have never spoken with him before
- 0 relatioship with him

Is it possible to add some checks like the previous list otherwise get a negative answer?

TIA

Agree with this and same for the MC... Clan leaders should not accept as easily the weeding.

Plus I take the chance to say that marriages should occur between characters in the same faction more often.

Yea that "lady"? She was the village bicycle. He was just glad to get rid of her to be honest.

They should have other requirments too, but it should be transparent like
Needs clan relation.....
needs trait...
needs "some quest?
More fiefs
money
rival

SO you can see where you stand and how to improve it and due away with dialogue % conversation that is just save scumed or broken perked through anyways. And once they add gear to stores it would be good to lock their equipment on them, or require a close in value item to switch.

Yea that "lady"? She was the village bicycle. He was just glad to get rid of her to be honest.

I took a bit of time to find a good bride for my brother... the first couple of women I tried, the lord was basically pleading with me to take them, but they weren't exactly top shelf.

This is essentially another pathway to a good suit of armour for me. If I was going to be strategic I'd be looking for the leader family of a faction, preferably a family I have already married into.

Okay so we can marry family members now. What exactly is the point of this ? Will they produce more offspring ? During marriage which family(clan) does the offspring belong to?

Okay so we can marry family members now. What exactly is the point of this ? Will they produce more offspring ? During marriage which family(clan) does the offspring belong to?

All of the non-main-hero family marriages seem to be patrilineal.

The female will join the male's clan.

I married off both of my brothers and my sister, and the brothers' wives joined my clan, but my sister left our clan and joined her husband's clan.

Both brothers now have children, and so does the sister.

All of the non-main-hero family marriages seem to be patrilineal.

The female will join the male's clan.

I married off both of my brothers and my sister, and the brothers' wives joined my clan, but my sister left our clan and joined her husband's clan.

Both brothers now have children, and so does the sister.
Thanks for the head's up. no marriage for sister then, I've made her a min/maxed steward that dwarfs everyone else.

This feature would be nicer if heroes didnt marry totally random brides. They should have some preference for their own cultures.

This feature would be nicer if heroes didnt marry totally random brides. They should have some preference for their own cultures.

That wouldn't be historically correct, or even logical within a gaming context. Marriage between nobles historically, and especially in this game, are purely strategic. In order to expand the reach of a clan by closely linking it to other families who have a strategic importance.

E.g. If you're playing as an Empire faction, and looking to expand into Vlandia, and you know rebellions are a thing, then marry your brother to a Vlandian, who can then help manage your new Vlandian cities. If you're wanting to bribe a clan to join your faction, then marriage is an instant relationship boost.

For an understanding of how marriage worked historically in a European setting, and the potential of inter-state strategic marriages, just look up the family history of Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor. It was entirely normal for Polish dukes to marry French countesses or German duchesses to marry English earls or Serbian princesses to marry Byzantine governors. Daughters were literally a tradable commodity between cultures, keeping to their own culture would have been considered a waste of a good bride.

That wouldn't be historically correct, or even logical within a gaming context. Marriage between nobles historically, and especially in this game, are purely strategic. In order to expand the reach of a clan by closely linking it to other families who have a strategic importance.

As a matter of fact, the game actually kinda already does this. It checks for distance between clan holdings and if they are at war. Two close clans from non-warring factions with eligible members are fairly likely to have a marriage.

Back
Top Bottom