In Progress family members no longer join tournaments even if you leave them in town

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.7.0
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
the main issue is that you need to leave family members in town in the first place for them to fight in tournaments, they dont join if they are in your party, but this is already being worked on.
even if i leave members in the town, and there are no wanderers in the tavern taking up tourney slots, the fam members still wont join the tournaments.
they were able to fight in tournaments before using this workaround, but i think the recent patch broke it.
i also noticed in the recent patch that tournaments are only supposed to show up every 15 days or so in each town now, but if you cancel a tournament after having joined one, or just losing one, a new tournament will always reappear next day

screens taken right after each other

ilmir and taralun are family members
my-guys.png

empty tavern
empty-tavern.png

only me and companions in tourney
in-tourney.png

Last edited:
I have had a tournament and my family members did join it, but I don't like it, family members should not be able to attack eachother.

Keep in mind there is only a limited amount of heroes, who can join a tournament.

And have your family members atleast one fighting skill over 50?
Only heroes with atleast one fighting skill over 50, can join tournaments, because they are warriors.

I just have tested it on version e1.7.0 using save from e1.6.4. I have 6 family members and 9 companions in my party. They are all quite good at melee, at least at one skill, and they have very high level of Bow and Athletics skills.

I have done 8 tests in total by participating in tournaments. Four of these tests were in Seonon, and in 2 of them I have kept clan members in my party and in the other 2 I have left them in the town. The other 4 tests was done in similar manner in Marunath.

Seonon:
In all 4 tests tournaments ware almost filled with my clan members, both family members and companions.

Marunath:
In both tests with clan members in my party nobody joined the tournament.
In both tests when I have left clan memvers in the town, 3 of them joined the tournament, two brothers and one sister.

There was one key defference between those two towns. In Seonon there were no nobles and just 4 companions not from my clan inside the town, and in Mrunath there were 1 noble in the keep and whopping 26 companions inside the tavern.

Also, in all those tests there were some regular troops participating in tournaments.

I hope it helps.

I just have tested it on version e1.7.0 using save from e1.6.4. I have 6 family members and 9 companions in my party. They are all quite good at melee, at least at one skill, and they have very high level of Bow and Athletics skills.

I have done 8 tests in total by participating in tournaments. Four of these tests were in Seonon, and in 2 of them I have kept clan members in my party and in the other 2 I have left them in the town. The other 4 tests was done in similar manner in Marunath.

Seonon:
In all 4 tests tournaments ware almost filled with my clan members, both family members and companions.

Marunath:
In both tests with clan members in my party nobody joined the tournament.
In both tests when I have left clan memvers in the town, 3 of them joined the tournament, two brothers and one sister.

There was one key defference between those two towns. In Seonon there were no nobles and just 4 companions not from my clan inside the town, and in Mrunath there were 1 noble in the keep and whopping 26 companions inside the tavern.

Also, in all those tests there were some regular troops participating in tournaments.

I hope it helps.
The game always choose the best fighters for tournaments.
So if your family members are not the best and other heroes are present they will join the tournament instead of your family members.

And with the new system, that family members join tournaments, players can exploit the prize of the tournament by having a large family.

The game always choose the best fighters for tournaments.
So if your family members are not the best and other heroes are present they will join the tournament instead of your family members.
Good to know, but why then they never join one particular tournament when I have them in my party, and always join this exact tournament when I leave them in the town? I have used the same save file for this every time, and this save file is right before joining the tournament.
Also, the same family members didn't have problems with joining the other tournament when I had them in my party, so the answer to this question can't be just "Family members in your party don't join tournaments at all".

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue?
Hello, I have created a ticket with both save files I have used in my tests which I described earlier in this thread.

The ticket's title is "Clan members participating in tournaments - inconsistent behaviour.". Here's "Summary" paragraph from it for anyone interested here:
Summary: Depending on whether you leave your clan members in a town or you keep them in your party, they can sometimes have different behaviour in regard to participating in a tournament, but sometimes it doesn't matter.

In the save "clan members tournaments bug1.sav", if you leave main hero's siblings in Marunath and join the tournament, they will join it too, but if you keep them in your party they won't join it. For the rest of the clan members it doesn't matter, they won't join the tournament anyway.

In the save "clan members tournaments bug2.sav", leaving clan members in Seonon or keeping them in the party doesn't seem like it makes a difference. Most of them join the tournament anyway, but some of them still don't do it.

All of my clan members have very similar character/skill build and levels.
Also, only difference between tournaments in Marunath and Seonon is that in Marunath there are 26 wanderer heroes in the tavern which are taking lots of slots in the tournament. In Seonon there are only 4 wanderer heroes, and 2 of them participate in the tournament, and also 2 tournament slots are taken by some regular troops.

i forwarded a ticket with the save game and this forum

to anyone saying this depends on how many companions are present in town, or fighting skills, please read the original post carefully before responding and look at the screenshots. i put a bold text on those parts now so it wont be missed twice

these family members used to fight in tourneys before the recent patch, i think that broke it. either that, or its the strange kyraslava noblewoman that started appearing in the tavern most of the time at balgard who could be causing issues with the town (she was not present when i took the screens). kyraslava crashed my game when i tried to speak to her in the tavern, so i have forwarded this issue as well in the crash report. i think she, and the issue(s) she creates, might be related to the new feature of making companions into nobles, because she is part of a companions clan

Last edited:
I have had a tournament and my family members did join it, but I don't like it, family members should not be able to attack eachother.

Keep in mind there is only a limited amount of heroes, who can join a tournament.

And have your family members atleast one fighting skill over 50?
Only heroes with atleast one fighting skill over 50, can join tournaments, because they are warriors.

its called sparring, or mock combat, not intentionally attacking each other to cause harm. it is a common practice between allies. it has nothing to do with being aggressive or putting your own family down, its to prepare your own kin for real battles, and to pass down fighting techniques. remember, they use blunt weapons only, its all wooden sticks even if they dont look like it, because its 100% blunt damage. you dont actually harm them

the alternative is putting them on a real battle field where there is a genuine risk of death. which is why i think its strange that your kin can always fight in real battles, but they need skill to join tournaments. that means you always have to put them at risk first, before they can start to practice in safe fights

i think one way to work around this is to let 1 vs 1 sparring be possible in the arena by talking to either companions, vassals, or family members present in the town's castle. they are willing to spar only a couple times a day, the same way you can only play board games with them a couple times, before they get tired. this way you can train any ally, as well as training yourself. bonus if you get to select which weapon types to spar with, so you can cater to their focus points. there could be a time limit on the duel to prevent you from misusing this to let your family hit your shield over and over, but then again you can technically do the same in tourneys... still, would not hurt to implement for the sake of balancing

its called sparring, or mock combat, not intentionally attacking each other to cause harm. it is a common practice between allies. it has nothing to do with being aggressive or putting your own family down, its to prepare your own kin for real battles, and to pass down fighting techniques. remember, they use blunt weapons only, its all wooden sticks even if they dont look like it, because its 100% blunt damage. you dont actually harm them

the alternative is putting them on a real battle field where there is a genuine risk of death. which is why i think its strange that your kin can always fight in real battles, but they need skill to join tournaments. that means you always have to put them at risk first, before they can start to practice in safe fights

i think one way to work around this is to let 1 vs 1 sparring be possible in the arena by talking to either companions, vassals, or family members present in the town's castle. they are willing to spar only a couple times a day, the same way you can only play board games with them a couple times, before they get tired. this way you can train any ally, as well as training yourself. bonus if you get to select which weapon types to spar with, so you can cater to their focus points. there could be a time limit on the duel to prevent you from misusing this to let your family hit your shield over and over, but then again you can technically do the same in tourneys... still, would not hurt to implement for the sake of balancing
Have you ever played a tournament in this game?
They cry "Die you bastard" in tournaments, so tournaments are not sparring or mock combat, they are high seriously.

And in a real battle your clan members have no risk of dying, because of the 100% reduced Death option in the campaign options.

Have you ever played a tournament in this game?
They cry "Die you bastard" in tournaments, so tournaments are not sparring or mock combat, they are high seriously.

And in a real battle your clan members have no risk of dying, because of the 100% reduced Death option in the campaign options.

i would suggest they turn off blood decals in a tournament so it does not look like they cause bleeding wounds on each other, you and your kin and everyone else will always leave the tournament with the same hp as when they entered it. but beside that, there really is no reason - except an option for more safe one on one sparring - for why your family should not be allowed to fight each other in a tournament. its safer than entering a real battle. if you dont think that, then the argument that blood happens or taunts happen does no matter either, because they dont die in tournaments, regardless of your settings on death

another possible option is to be able to tick on and off for individual clan members whether you want them to join real battles and whether you want them to join tournaments, so you have full control over what kind of battles they participate in. so, if you have a little 18 year old son or daughter with all their focus points in medicine, scouting, engineering, and so on, then you can keep them out of every battle, but still have them participate in your army with other useful tasks. or, if you have a son or daughter who has all their focus points in one or more fighting skills, think of them as clear prodigies in fights. so their caretakers could see it as a benefit for them to enter tournaments. but again, this is your choice on whether you want them to or not

being able to ask anyone to spar together alone in the arena could disable taunts and blood decals in that fight, and once someone is knocked out, they can fall on their butt and then get up again instead of being knocked out completely, so there is no doubt it was just a training session, not an aggressive fight

i think the arena itself could use different taunts. knocking one guy out and yelling "look at them run!" and stuff like that, they just havent gotten around to record arena specific lines is my guess

i also want to add that mock combat takes place in the wild between predator siblings, and things get rough in those play fights, too, and can cause injuries. but its necessary for them to fight like this among each other to prepare for dangerous hunts when they grow up. it is the same idea in medieval times, you have to toughen up if you are going to enter battles. endless wars are unforgiving to those not prepared, even if noble and equipped in full steel. its better to receive injures that can heal and be a step closer to being prepared, than receive a crippling injury during a real battle that leaves you debilitated and frail for the rest of your life, or ending up death. i know that becoming crippled is not part of the game, but from a role playing mindset, its engaging to pretend that the risk is there. they might implement it later on, too. but death can happen if you enabled that, that is how i personally prefer it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom