v1.1.3.
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Metal3

Recruit
Summary: Family no longer having kids
How to Reproduce: Have a clan of +40 members in its 5th generation with version 1.1.3
Have you used cheats and if so which: No, am lowly console peasant

Is there a limit to how many clan members you can have? I have 5 couples all between the ages of 20 and 30, two of them without any kids at all, I've left them in settlements for years and they haven't produced any kids. I tried them putting them in my party and waiting in settlements and still no kids. I then started saving and reloading but still no kids. The birth rate of my clan really started slowing down after the last update but it's come to a halt now. Other clans are still having kids and so are the daughters I'm marrying to other clans. My clan is in its fifth generation and I'm about 120 years into the game. I'm well aware of how to make kids, I'm currently playing the grandson of my original character, who has like 10 grandchildren, and a ton of nieces and nephews.

Really unsure if I should keep playing or wait for a fix because I'm way too far into the development of this clan for it to die out.

I know the likelihood of a singular couple having kids declines after each child, has this been changed to affect the whole clan now?

The game checks a number of points when determining a character becomes pregnant. Such as the number of children the mother already has. Every child conceived decreases the chance exponentially. The number of lords in the same clan has also a negative impact. Charachter's age is also a factor. Which decreases the chance with every age. These are the major ones. Clan tier has a positive impact on this as a whole.
If your clan is populated, the chance of new babies born decreases. There is not any hard limit on clan members.

Thanks! Good to know, sucks though as I have too many fiefs and not enough family to govern them LOL

I have module v1.1.4.17949 for Xbox one.
My youngest member of my clan is now 16. I have married couples that do not have kids for their entire lives from 18-40 no kids. It has only just started doing this after the last two updates. My clan had 48 members. Is this normal?

The game checks a number of points when determining a character becomes pregnant. Such as the number of children the mother already has. Every child conceived decreases the chance exponentially. The number of lords in the same clan has also a negative impact. Charachter's age is also a factor. Which decreases the chance with every age. These are the major ones. Clan tier has a positive impact on this as a whole.
If your clan is populated, the chance of new babies born decreases. There is not any hard limit on clan members.
My clan has shrank considerably now, from 60+ to only 22, still no kids popping up, got two young couples with no kids and no pregnancies after years, definitely seems bugged.

Back
Top Bottom