MP Apocalypse Fallout Warband Multiplayer Mod. BACK IN ACTION!

Users who are viewing this thread

Unfortunately I just realized that this mod will suffer from sever flaws such as these as you have labeled this a "Fallout mod" rather than a postapocalyptic mod in the Fallout universe.
1 Fallout 1 and 2 and even Tactics which were all TRUE Fallout games have been will always be turn based.
2 In Fallout you could only ever get a max of like 5 or 6 people (if you had insane charisma or cheated), though they all were very good at fighting and you could take on like from 10-50 guys depending on the level of skill they had and not to mention their armor and guns. And in mount and blade the focus is on massive scale battles not small skirmishes, though you could still do this.
3 Realism is one the reasons Fallout was painfully hard. A grenade unless you are in like mark 2 combat armor or in a variation of power armor will either cripple you and maim you or just kill you in a delicious gory explosion. Pistols without armor kill in 2 or 3 shots while this is normal if you couple this with an open battlefield and a battle that is only 3 or 4 versus 15 or 20 then you are going to die if even 5 of them have guns.
5 The inventory in Fallout was constantly available even in battle but it did cost you a few action points, in mount and blade the inventory is almost never available except for the box in the start of the battle
4 Ammo is a constant factor in Fallout you have to know how much you have and can't always get more. in mount and blade (i am pretty sure) but you can not stack  arrows or throwing weapons so you will either have a ton of ammo or no ammo. And in the next round you will have the same amount rather than in Fallout were your ammo was persistent.
5 other things that i am going to write about later but am about to leave so will finish later

The Profileth said:
Unfortunately I just realized that this mod will suffer from sever flaws such as these as you have labeled this a "Fallout mod" rather than a postapocalyptic mod in the Fallout universe.
1 Fallout 1 and 2 and even Tactics which were all TRUE Fallout games have been will always be turn based.
2 In Fallout you could only ever get a max of like 5 or 6 people (if you had insane charisma or cheated), though they all were very good at fighting and you could take on like from 10-50 guys depending on the level of skill they had and not to mention their armor and guns. And in mount and blade the focus is on massive scale battles not small skirmishes, though you could still do this.
3 Realism is one the reasons Fallout was painfully hard. A grenade unless you are in like mark 2 combat armor or in a variation of power armor will either cripple you and maim you or just kill you in a delicious gory explosion. Pistols without armor kill in 2 or 3 shots while this is normal if you couple this with an open battlefield and a battle that is only 3 or 4 versus 15 or 20 then you are going to die if even 5 of them have guns.
5 The inventory in Fallout was constantly available even in battle but it did cost you a few action points, in mount and blade the inventory is almost never available except for the box in the start of the battle
4 Ammo is a constant factor in Fallout you have to know how much you have and can't always get more. in mount and blade (i am pretty sure) but you can not stack  arrows or throwing weapons so you will either have a ton of ammo or no ammo. And in the next round you will have the same amount rather than in Fallout were your ammo was persistent.
5 other things that i am going to write about later but am about to leave so will finish later

So?

If you're looking for voice actors, post a thread here:

http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/

I've recommended this to several mod-makers. The results are quite good.

Oh, and if you guys need help with story-lines and whatnot, then I may have a couple idea's if you're interested. If you need dialogue checked for spelling and punctuation, I could help with that as well :smile:

The Profileth said:

If we were looking for a Fallout experience, we'd go get Fallout 3. The whole point of playing M&B is for its game play. I (and I'm sure most M&B players) like engaging in gigantic battles. The thought of leading a merry group of Enclave Hellfire troopers straight into a mob of ghouls highly appeals to me. Also M&B was built for mostly melee style combat, don't expect it to work well as an FPS. I suppose a clever coder could make ammo simply disappear from player's inventory after each battle, and add ammo to every NPC's inventory so you could loot them after battles for it. But I don't really see the point. Maybe you could just discipline yourself to drop your finished ammo after every battle?  :neutral:

SpartanPride said:
If you're looking for voice actors, post a thread here:

http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/

I've recommended this to several mod-makers. The results are quite good.

Oh, and if you guys need help with story-lines and whatnot, then I may have a couple idea's if you're interested. If you need dialogue checked for spelling and punctuation, I could help with that as well :smile:

well if you have any Ideas we would be more then happy to hear them  :razz:

also I'm not sure so you would have to speek to spirit about this

but from the models that I have created, were focusing on the fallout 2 game and from what I can see were trying to stay as true to the game as we can while trying to make our own mod, were not trying to re creat fallout 2 game for game, but something close enough

Im glad you are basing stuff off fallout 1&2 rather than *spit* fallout 3- not to say its a bad game, but it just isnt true fallout.
My main concern is that quests and conversations were a major part of fallout, everything you did - you did for a reason (well mostly),  it would be great (but hard) to have lots of unique characters in each village who give unique quests,  even if those quests are just clearing out a cave of molerats or bandits.

I love what I see so far, I just worry that the M&B engine is too limiting to realy get the fallout feel across,  personaly I would preffer smaller battles  of 10-15 people max within villages, caves and other enclosed battlefeilds  rather than open feilds. with a feel of vulnerable yet powerfull, where you can dish out and receive lots of damage, forcing you to take cover a lot.

We have done many tests with the ability of this engine and tested to see which types of battles are most enjoyable.
We found that small battles end too quickly, mounts makes it too hard to fight in combat and is annoying with 100 people on horses with high powered weapons, and that minimized ammo leaves the player in really bad situations. Sooo, for now the player, along with Faction leaders, will be the only ones with horses.  Battles will consist of many many people.  Without proper armor guns WILL kill you really quickly.  Expect almost any gun *other then bb gun* to kill you, one hit shot, while with bullet proof vests or well manufactured combat armors you will thrive in battle.  Certain melee weapons will also be valued in battle, allowing the player the ability to thrive in any field of weaponry. 
We have thought of changing the name in the past, over a year ago when this mod was started, but the public decided against it and planning was made as to how we could make this more fallout like.
I'd like to counter what you said about fallout three, I believe they made that game as close as it could be to a fallout game without making it a third person 100% turn based game.  They did an excellent job with *modernizing* the fallout game.  However, it was different, took some getting use to, from having it *different* in some ways.  I know how they feel with the fallout bible freaks thumping them over little details that wasnt totally falloutish because it didnt mix with their bible.  We've suffered many people criticizing us for changing things and not making things 100% like the fallout 1 and 2 series. 
We will do the best we can, and hope to bring you the most enjoyable fallout mod for M&B possible!
*** Thanks for the voice actor site Spartan, checking it out as I write =p ***

I agree with you, Spiritwind, with regards to the need to move beyond the Fallout dogma, especially when working within the restrictions (and liberties) of the M&B framework. However, I do agree that any post-apocolyptic situation (Fallout or otherwise) would likely inhibit the formation of large parties in the wasteland. I would like to see those limitation be indirect, however. Things like scarcity and expense of food and water and dramatic increases in individual consumption. So technically you would be able to form a large party, but you would have to be really wealthy and, even still, not be able to maintain such a force for long.

I would also like to see very limited ammunition, but I realize that would require more significant modding. I also realize that these are low-priority issues right now, below simply creating the look and feel of the wastes. And I acknowledge that I have not been keeping up with this mod very well over the past several months so I am not up to date on the latest discussions.

I am very excited about it, though. I had a lot of fun playing the siege battles in the demo. I'll be staying tuned.

yer I agree with spiritwind, we are trying to make this mod as falloutish as we can get it but of course there are limits to our work

but we really need more modelers, isn"t there anyone here interested with giveing us a hand in speediing things along, at the moment I'm working on a death claw model thats takeing all my time and our other models are busy working on fire trucks and a BB gun 

If I had any modeling or texturing skills I'd gladly help out, but I have no clue. I think the first hurdle is the fact that this game is still just not widely known yet. Warband is getting some publicity on IGN. I'll bet with it's release you'll get a bigger pool to draw modders from. Just got keep getting the word out about M&B and this mod. I've been trying with little luck.

can one of the coders on this team PM me?  I got some code that spirtwind had me put together, but he's not answering my PMs.

I know this isnt saying much but I support / am waiting for this mod like no other! :mrgreen:

If there is ANYTHING I could do to help I'd be glad to here's my *ahem* resumé

modelling - not really, very amateur but will give anything a go twice.
textures - not to shabby, know my way around a graphics program or two.
coding - forget it, about as code happy as a Super mutant which recently had his head removed by an angry Deathclaw.
other stuff - I'm freindly, kind and supportive

so really my best strength is in GFX editing... but you probably already have an ARMY of texture artists

either way... as I said, I cant wait for this mod to 'go live' and no sorry I dont play alpha's or rough beta's, I'm lazy and prefer to play a final product  :lol:

I can;t speek for spirit but I think the mod will be a while before we realease any part of this mod I'm sorry
thats why were looking for help so we can hopefuly speed things along

Edit: but I will indeed post you a screenshot of a colt 45 I just finished yesterday for you guys

Hope this turns out well
People will probably flame you,Like my halo mod, But, I am going to do the models, Do the coding and release it in a while once I've worked the bugs out.

Back
Top Bottom