Fallout 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Any news on the VR version?

https://www.vg247.com/2016/11/22/fallout-4-vr-is-still-happening-bethesda-not-worried-about-the-market-for-virtual-reality-because-it-will-sort-itself-out/

Just googled that....

A virtual reality version of Fallout 4 is still under development, Bethesda’s Todd Howard has confirmed.

Asked by Glixel about Fallout 4 VR, Howard said Bethesda is “trying the VR thing now” and that “we’ll see where it heads”.

Bethesda announced a VR version of Fallout 4 at E3 2016 and Alex tried an early Fallout 4 VR demo at the show, finding it pretty interesting, but limited. The full experience will be much more ambitious; Howard told Glixel that Bethesda is “definitely” trying to put all of Fallout 4 in VR for this project.

“That’s the promise of VR, being in a big virtual world. The core experience, meaning you put on the headset and you’re standing in the world of Fallout and can go where you want, just that little bit is every bit as cool as you hope it would be. Once we did that, we were like, ‘OK, we gotta see where this goes,'” he said.

“We’re not so worried about how many we’re going to sell or what the market is. That will all sort itself out. We have an opportunity to make something really unique. We’d rather do that than make some other tiny experience. I don’t think that’s what people want from us.”

Last time Bethesda commented on the project’s timeframe it said Fallout 4 VR would release by end of June 2017, but Howard’s comments today suggest things are still pretty nebulous.

Fallout 4 VR has only been confirmed for HTC Vive so far.

Orion said:
If I know Bethesda, they say it'll take an 8GB GTX 1080 but it's still going to look like smeary ****.
You probably know this already, but you are right. Pretty much all the textures are 30 to nearly 100 percent bigger in size, yet there is little to no difference between the quality of the new textures and the old.

Sadly most people don't believe that, as evidenced by every single graphics overhaul mod every made.

CV9qwtGU8AAvc2h.jpg

Jackson... said:
Sadly most people don't believe that, as evidenced by every single graphics overhaul mod every made.

CV9qwtGU8AAvc2h.jpg

That's amazing and very well sums up a good portion of modding communities just like the ones for Bethesda games. :lol:

I can't count on my fingers anymore how many times I opened some texture packs (or even new items' textures), only to find badly trimmed pictures making some weird texture jigsaw.

Been a while since I played FO4, but I've been tooling around with some mods lately. I very much enjoy ones that make gunplay more lethal. Have a mod which, even with armor, means that a half-dozen or so shots will drop anyone (including you). It makes things a lot more fun and intense, in my opinion.

Also, reaction when you stumble upon a Deathclaw den at low level:

Eeeeeh. I prefer the general balance tweaks in "War never changes".

Also, finally found a sweet LeMat weapon mod. Time to play a southern yokel gunslinger.

Back
Top Bottom