Fallout 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Rigadoon

Count
M&BWBWF&SNW
I accidentally wandered onto this forum and now I'm depressed.  :neutral:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/official-nuka-world-trailer-released.206828/#post-4173000

Nuka World looks interesting but I'm hoping that there's more to it than wacky mayhem. I'm going to be disappointed if the park doesn't have some sort of sinister secret. 
 

usnavy30

Grandmaster Knight
WF&SM&BWBNWVC
ThegnAnsgar said:
Austupaio said:
Buying season passes is just as a silly as pre-ordering, don't do it kids.

Well, yes. But they did say they were planning to offer something like $80 worth of DLC. Buying the season's pass when it was $49.99 seemed like a worthwhile option then. Now that it's $69.99 it's not even close to a good deal.

To quote the trusted Fallout wiki
On September 9, 2015, Bethesda announced Fallout 4 DLC will be coming to the Xbox One, PS4, and PC in 2016 and have a season pass available for $29.99 that will include all future DLC.[1] On February 16, 2016, Bethesda announced the first three add-ons. They also announced that on March 1, 2016, there were plans to release additional add-ons beyond the three already announced, and that the price of the season pass would increase to $49.99 to account for these.
For many people understandably, charging twenty dollars more of priced content when it turns out to be two more workshop DLCs and one last story DLC seemed like a rip off if they bought the season pass after the price increase.

Rigadoon said:
I accidentally wandered onto this forum and now I'm depressed.  :neutral:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/official-nuka-world-trailer-released.206828/#post-4173000

Nuka World looks interesting but I'm hoping that there's more to it than wacky mayhem. I'm going to be disappointed if the park doesn't have some sort of sinister secret.
I have heard of NMA's reputation for hating the newer iterations of the Fallout series. Must be tradition to them or something. I personally like both old and new titles. I really love-hate Nuka-World's trailer when it showed the Wild West section. Nostalgia fan service to Fallout: New Vegas right there. I mean why else would Bethesda put that in the DLC?
 

Bluehawk

Baron
WBNWWF&SVCM&B
usnavy30 said:
I really love-hate Nuka-World's trailer when it showed the Wild West section. Nostalgia fan service to Fallout: New Vegas right there. I mean why else would Bethesda put that in the DLC?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontierland
 

usnavy30

Grandmaster Knight
WF&SM&BWBNWVC
Bluehawk said:
usnavy30 said:
I really love-hate Nuka-World's trailer when it showed the Wild West section. Nostalgia fan service to Fallout: New Vegas right there. I mean why else would Bethesda put that in the DLC?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontierland
Nuka-World is 'inspired' after Hershey Park in PA supposedly. Of course Disneyland is a close second. One can hope they add new old western style weapons besides the generic cowboy outfit.
 

Dystopian

The next Fallout should be in China where the American Army had invaded and got a beachhead before the nukes went off. Would be an interesting mix of cultures, environments, and most importantly weapons. Maybe some crazy buddhist stuff, maybe some crazy Chinese technology. It would be a breath of fresh air.
 

usnavy30

Grandmaster Knight
WF&SM&BWBNWVC
Dystopian said:
The next Fallout should be in China where the American Army had invaded and got a beachhead before the nukes went off. Would be an interesting mix of cultures, environments, and most importantly weapons. Maybe some crazy buddhist stuff, maybe some crazy Chinese technology. It would be a breath of fresh air.
More background lore playable would be great opportunities for the next Fallout entry or mod. Operation: Anchorage was a step in the right direction. The first mainland invasion is nicknamed the Yangtze Campaign. The Sino-American War's described Gobi Campaign would also be interesting with the Chinese mainland invasion. Heck these campaigns are directly after Operation: Anchorage in the timeline. There's a sequel of ideas right there. War may not change, but players sure like being a part of it. DLC for Fallout belongs to the story kind.
 

Scuba Steve

Master Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
usnavy30 said:
For many people understandably, charging twenty dollars more of priced content when it turns out to be two more workshop DLCs and one last story DLC seemed like a rip off if they bought the season pass after the price increase.

Yes, though they added additional content. The content wasn't good, but at least they added more. This latest increase, they said they would be adding much more content, and then they didn't add more.

As an aside, you should be using this wiki instead. That is the trusted Fallout wiki. The Vault is the best, as most of what is on Nukapedia was plagiarized from The Vault. It's equivalent to UESP compared to ES Wiki.
 

usnavy30

Grandmaster Knight
WF&SM&BWBNWVC
ThegnAnsgar said:
Yes, though they added additional content. The content wasn't good, but at least they added more. This latest increase, they said they would be adding much more content, and then they didn't add more.

As an aside, you should be using this wiki instead. That is the trusted Fallout wiki. The Vault is the best, as most of what is on Nukapedia was plagiarized from The Vault. It's equivalent to UESP compared to ES Wiki.
They didn't add 'much' more yes. Workshop DLC was certainly not the expectation.

As for the aside, well that is unfortunate. The Vault wiki is great, the visual presentation could be improved on formatted navigation. I find Nukapedia much more accessible though and presented in a more visually appealing manner to browse. No wonder why some articles were the same looking though. Long as the information is correct and maintained to be so without vandalism. Still, that is a damning thing. To the average player, they use whatever wiki for searching information. I remember the UESP wiki. Was a bit hard to navigate at first for what I would be looking up, but it was well structured. My only gripe when I used it was having to look for related bugs to avoid on multiple pages. It would not hurt the quality of the wiki to have somewhat redundant information regarding bugs with quests, locations, and characters.
 

Mr.Nock

Just got the game yesterday (yeah, I'm like a year late  :roll:). I've really enjoyed it so far, it's definitely different in many ways from FO3 and NV, but I like the changes I've seen. The settlement building is an interesting feature, not what I would expect to have in Fallout but pretty neat nonetheless. It's certainly a purchase I don't regret.
 
SwadianJedi said:
How could you not notice? That left-handed bolt on the hunting rifle alone has been pissing me off since day 1.

I'm not very observant. I just started to wonder why after every shot the player character would raise the rifle.
 
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18898/?


DUST was a top notch mod, so guess who's going to reinstall Fallout 4, even though he never got halfway through the base game!
 
Appears to be nearly that, yes. The original DUST completely changed New Vegas. It adds it's own lore and all. In an attempt to explain it to a friend, I once likened it to a puzzle game. Each and every area is a challenge. If I go into a room I have to literally count every bullet just to make sure I can get out alive. It's a small miracle when you find a rusty nailgun and a box of nails, because now you're a killing machine for the 5 seconds worth of firing time you'll get. If you don't starve or freeze.
 

Kharille

Knight at Arms
Seem to be wearing the Silver Shroud armour all the time.  And got about 64 fusion cores I don't use.  Really need to burn it up with a Gatling gun.  I'm sure armour crafting and augmentation would be fun, but I tend to stick with kellogs outfit or silver shroud.
 

Harkon Haakonson

I am woman, hear me roar!
Marquis
M&BWB
So, anyone following any shiny, ambitious Creation Kit mods for Fallout 4 being created, or if, unlikely, any is out already? Everything out there worth a **** is still pre-Kit it seems, and I don't really know where to look for cool in progress projects.
 

Age of Empires ¶ Densetsu

Age of Empires II
Marquis
The only quest mods I've tried tried were a completely **** sex-fantasy emo indulgent scumfest and then a fairly dull new Vault. I think when it comes to proper Creation Kit mods you're still **** out of luck. I'm not quite sure why, Skyrim had a bunch of mods at this point. Everyone must be busy with other things.
 
Top Bottom