SP Oriental Fall of the Dragon: The three kingdoms

Users who are viewing this thread

Nice story,from all dynasty's wei is the worst how could Cao Cao kill Lu Bu so I hate him like hell,if  Liu Bei wasn't asking for help Lu Bu should be the emperor :smile:

zeljko92 said:
Nice story,from all dynasty's wei is the worst how could Cao Cao kill Lu Bu so I hate him like hell,if  Liu Bei wasn't asking for help Lu Bu should be the emperor :smile:

It was Liu Bei that convinced Cao Cao to kill Lu Bu

mbfreak2 said:
I am too tired to continue typing... so I'll just stop here :grin:. Eventually Cao Pi, son of Cao Cao overthrows Han Empire and form Kingdom of Wei thus ending the 400 year old Han Dynasty.

then Liu Bei proclaims his own empire as the Shu Han (as he is the descendant of the Han.)

Liu Bei then loses to the Wu commander Lu Xun (then dies a while later)

and Sun Quan declares his empire the Wu Empire
------------------------------------------------------------

However Maverick said this will be historically inaccurate to maximize the number of lords so I doubt he will too many deaths

------------------------------------------------------------

My first triple post ^^

Manxie
I have never done any mapping, so no experience on that part. Also, I'm currently busy with my clinical rotation and prep up for the first part of the state board exam. I can't spare much time. Anyway, send me your map file. See if I can get any thing done during the weekend.

Yeah, if you want to be close to the historical/novel, many of the lords can not coexist or under the same side. It will be rather difficult to code the game so the events will occur close the the real/novel time line. Loosely based is much easier to do.

Maverick & Manxie: have you seen John Woo's Red Cliff I/II movie? I like the equipments shown in the movie (ignore the action and the story).

Edit: I found some nice concept art in Chinahistoryforum. I like the art work. The horse armor looks great.
http://www.chinahistoryforum.com/index.php?/topic/5882-sanguo-three-kingdoms-concepts/page__pid__4740909__st__0&#entry4740909

I've seen both Part 1 and 2 of Red Cliff. It was a very good movie :smile:.

In the end.... *sigh*.... Liu Chan surrenders to Wei thus ending the Kingdom of Shu. Sima Yan(grandson of Sima Yi) overthrew Wei and then conquered Wu thus ending the Three Kingdoms period of China and forming the Jin Dynasty.. the one I disliked the most out of all the other chinese dynasties. Sima Yan becomes first Emperor of Jin Dynasty.

Good luck Maverick Jones... hope you take the "Story-Line" way of modding :grin:.

Not seen red cliff as of yet, it's a must see in my list though. All ancient Japanese/Chinese movies need to be seen I love them all even the cheesy ones. Thanks for the post to that forum, nice and basic and easy to model from will probably work on some of those armours soon. I'll try and get the map sorted out sooner or later, the tutorial should've been finished but was left after part 1.

mbfreak2 said:
I've seen both Part 1 and 2 of Red Cliff. It was a very good movie :smile:.

In the end.... *sigh*.... Liu Chan surrenders to Wei thus ending the Kingdom of Shu. Sima Yan(grandson of Sima Yi) overthrew Wei and then conquered Wu thus ending the Three Kingdoms period of China and forming the Jin Dynasty.. the one I disliked the most out of all the other chinese dynasties. Sima Yan becomes first Emperor of Jin Dynasty.

Good luck Maverick Jones... hope you take the "Story-Line" way of modding :grin:.

thanks for spoiling the ending for me XD
I started watching it a while after reading your post and was hoping for it to have a historically inaccurate happy ending :\

It would be odd to see Sima Yi fighting along his grandson.

well its nice to see mbfreak not appear as a moderator :smile:

mbfreak2 said:
The happy ending for me would be... Cao Cao rules them all! Hahaha!

Yes its also nice to see myself as a Squire. Not even a Knight... but a Squire. :smile:
Cao cao? I hate him..... GO Liu Bei! He owns
:smile:
And Zhao Yun, he is the best

TIDM2 said:
mbfreak2 said:
The happy ending for me would be... Cao Cao rules them all! Hahaha!

Yes its also nice to see myself as a Squire. Not even a Knight... but a Squire. :smile:
Cao cao? I hate him..... GO Liu Bei! He owns
:smile:

Cao Cao? Liu Bei?

what happenned to....
SUN QUAN!!!! :twisted:

Hey hey hey! Idc wut yu guys say! Cao Cao FTW!! Most skilled ruler of them all! Hahaha!! and ridiculously cruel :smile: Btw... TIDM2, please read private messages. :grin:

These name are freakin hilarious.  :lol:

EDIT: The art in the link Pheonix posted is great, I suggest you guys take a look at it.

well their chinese names :\

don't be a racist!

Racism sends you to Alaska after you die AKA Hell (Alaska: Where Hell literally freezes over)

Edit:
Manxie said:
Thanks for the post to that forum, nice and basic and easy to model from will probably work on some of those armours soon.

mbfreak2 said:
Hey hey hey! Idc wut yu guys say! Cao Cao FTW!! Most skilled ruler of them all! Hahaha!! and ridiculously cruel :smile: Btw... TIDM2, please read private messages. :grin:

Cao Cao FTL! or FTF! He gets owned. And yeah, didnt see that message.  :smile:
Though, it is fun to say Cao Cao. Cao Cao. Cao Cao.  :smile:

Okay can we forget about the humourousity in the names now? I've gotta admit the chinese are wierd with the names they give each other but then again they probably think the same about us.

Manxie said:
Okay can we forget about the humourousity in the names now? I've gotta admit the chinese are wierd with the names they give each other but then again they probably think the same about us.

Yes, we do ^^

now back on topic.... do you mind sending me the map file? I have some time today and maybe i could fix whatever is screwing it up.

Manxie said:
I tried to make one just now, the land had spikes in that couldn't be taken down and when I went to play it, it appeared to of crashed at "Initializing map"

This is using Thogrims Editor.

I think the spikes are because of the darkness of the gray, which leads to unwanted spikes.

Also, you want a topography map for your greyscale, a topography map is something like http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7b/China_topography_full_res.jpg.
However, a real map of china is extremely mountainous and may not be suitable for gameplay, so I'll also have to do some editing on the original picture before i get to work.

I'm afraid i may not have as much time to work on this as i thought. Nonetheless, when I'll continue when I get back

Back
Top Bottom