SP Antiquity Dark Ages Fall of Rome

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesThompson

Fall of Rome

Fall of Rome is a mod set around the fall of Rome, during the transition from Late Antiquity to the Dark Ages. New barbaric kingdoms are rising, tribes are emerging, Rome is falling, and more importantly -- the scourge of god is coming.

PLANNED FACTIONS:

The Alans - They lie very close to the Huns, they are born on the saddle. One of the hordes.

Eastern Roman Empire - The Easterns are an economic powerhouse due to their treasury interest and trade tariffs. However, military-wise, they are in a threat from Visigoths who are attacking Thracia and Macedonia, not so far away from Constantinople. A falling Empire.

The Franks - On the coastline of Germania, they can either invade Britain or exploit the weaknesses of the Western Roman Empire. A barbaric kingdom.

The Huns - As they sweep across the world, they destroy everyone who sets foot in their way, especially Christian soldiers. A nomadic horde.

The Ostrogoths - Plundering and razing settlements, these are forever enemies of Rome. A horde.

Sassanid Empire - A big recruitment base and income, these stand ready to conquer. An Eastern Empire.

The Saxons - Ready to conquer Britain, they face a choice: declare war on the Franks or become allies? One of the barbaric Kingdoms.

The Vandals - On the borders of the Western Roman Empire, their skills will help them destroy Roman settlements. One of the hordes.

The Visigoths - Head north into mysterious lands or go raiding west into Western Roman territory. One of the hordes.

Western Roman Empire - These are in a terrible state. Losing money by the second, it is close to it's breaking point. How will it deal with these barbaric hordes. One of the falling empires.

PLANNED FEATURES:

- Hordes: I am thinking of having armies as towns, or having hideouts that move. I am not sure how to implement this feature yet, but when it's complete, it certainly will be interesting.

*MORE TO COME*

EDIT: This mod is based of the newly released game Total War Attila. I specifically like this game.

Also, it has a lot more work needed put into it, I've basically just started the mod. It will be a short while before I start posting screenshots and videos and updates. Stay tuned for more.

oh my god :shock: this looks so good all that text has me hyped up and the quality of the team is sooo :iamamoron: amazing the faction sound great too :party: that beginning of the post with the big red text :!: and repeating the words fall :arrow: and rome :ohdear: just blew my mind i cant like literally can not even :fruity: believe the mod will have so many factions and the scourge of god  :twisted: and huns and stuff :grin: and how these sassanid empire recruitment :idea: base and income stand ready to conquer :cool: and how these western roman empire are in a terrible state :dead: and all the :twisted: hordes and them kingdoms yo :fruity: and that eastern :arrow: roman empire treasury interestestes :iamamoron: sure got me interested in the mod :iamamoron:

oh man  :grin: this is the most promising mod thread i have seen  :smile: it gives so much info :!: and is so historcally accureta  :idea: about the factions  :mrgreen: and its based of total war attila the best game of the years  :party:

KickingJoub said:
oh my god :shock: this looks so good all that text has me hyped up and the quality of the team is sooo :iamamoron: amazing the faction sound great too :party: that beginning of the post with the big red text :!: and repeating the words fall :arrow: and rome :ohdear: just blew my mind i cant like literally can not even :fruity: believe the mod will have so many factions and the scourge of god  :twisted: and huns and stuff :grin: and how these sassanid empire recruitment :idea: base and income stand ready to conquer :cool: and how these western roman empire are in a terrible state :dead: and all the :twisted: hordes and them kingdoms yo :fruity: and that eastern :arrow: roman empire treasury interestestes :iamamoron: sure got me interested in the mod :iamamoron:

Thank you.

romicus said:
:fruity: :fruity: :fruity: i wil be dis of play  :fruity: :fruity: :fruity: :iamamoron: :iamamoron:

Very good very good ty.

jepekula said:
oh man  :grin: this is the most promising mod thread i have seen  :smile: it gives so much info :!: and is so historcally accureta  :idea: about the factions  :mrgreen: and its based of total war attila the best game of the years  :party:

:smile: :smile: :smile: Thank you :smile: :smile: :smile:

Really good mod idea ! Aetius, Attila, the franks etc !!! can be Epic ! Too bad you can't use material from Attila Total War but it can be a source of inspiration.

Armaury said:
Really good mod idea ! Aetius, Attila, the franks etc !!! can be Epic ! Too bad you can't use material from Attila Total War but it can be a source of inspiration.

Yes, I'm basing alot of stuff of this.

Too bad Attila is nearly the least accurate total war to date and most of the equipment either predates the time period of Attila, or is around 700 years AFTER Attila. They've even created UNITS based on ones that didn't exist for another five years. Don't expect too much attention as Roman mods have such a negative stigma unless big names are tacked on to them, and no offense but you've not made an astounding impact in the modding community thus far.

DarthTaco said:
Too bad Attila is nearly the least accurate total war to date and most of the equipment either predates the time period of Attila, or is around 700 years AFTER Attila. They've even created UNITS based on ones that didn't exist for another five years. Don't expect too much attention as Roman mods have such a negative stigma unless big names are tacked on to them, and no offense but you've not made an astounding impact in the modding community thus far.
Taco everything you have brought to the roman community is beautiful and I along with hundreds of others are greatful, but a mod doesn't have to be historically accurate.  He is not writing a textbook to be read in schools.  He is planning on developing a mod that will entertain players.  Just let em do his thing :smile:

DarthTaco said:

I agree, I might end this project before I have even begun.
It will be hard to incorporate the ideas of hordes and all these other aspects as a beginner.

:grin:

total_war1407353265_055-01.jpg

total_war1407353314_055-02.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

Sir Edwards said:
Taco everything you have brought to the roman community is beautiful and I along with hundreds of others are greatful, but a mod doesn't have to be historically accurate.  He is not writing a textbook to be read in schools.  He is planning on developing a mod that will entertain players.  Just let em do his thing :smile:
:wink:

7vy4.jpg

EL++EJERCITO+VISIGIDO-SJGLO+IV0001.jpg

EL++EJERCITO+VISIGIDO-SJGLO+IV0002.jpg

Thank you for the pictures! I will take them into consideration if I ever plan to make this mod! :smile:

Yeh, I'm not the best of modders, I can't create anything that superb, so i might stop.

:smile: how about a simple, alternative mod still set in Caldria,
for starters, with Attila's four horsemen theme, if that works out well
you can then advance to a more complex historical setting...

768px-Relief_1_IR29.jpg

White Horse - Western & Eastern Roman Empires

Rhodoks

Swadia

Black Horse - Germanic Migration

Nords

Vaegirs

Red Horse - Sassanid Persia

Sarranids

Ashen Horse - Hun Hordes

Khergits

Status