In Progress Factions don't attempt to take back city from Rebellion

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Not sure if this is by design but I notice that every time a faction loses a city due to a revolt, they almost never attempt to take it back. They won't siege it, they will only just raid the villages, which doesn't make sense because they are basically raiding their own village. Also the revolt isn't exactly strong, they should be easy to snuff out. Thanks.
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

But are they at war with another main faction when it happends?
I've noticed that as soon as peace happends - armies disband, and rebelclans dont count as kingdome, and thus they cant form armies to siege.

Bit of an oversight with the designdecision imo.
But overall the reason why they raid is to make it easier as the loyalty will plummet due to low security.
Thus only the garrison will be resisting the siege and not the milita.

Overall the ai tend to "raid too much" for my taste, specially when its counterproductive afterwards in maintaining control of the city aka prevent it from revolting.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I had this issue as well, while playing as a vassal.
I even raided a village of the rebel faction to force war. The towns showed hostile, but we were still unable to attack the rebel party's clans.
My aserai lords did not siege the (undefended) rebel town of razih even when it was hostile

But are they at war with another main faction when it happends?
I've noticed that as soon as peace happends - armies disband, and rebelclans dont count as kingdome, and thus they cant form armies to siege.

Bit of an oversight with the designdecision imo.
But overall the reason why they raid is to make it easier as the loyalty will plummet due to low security.
Thus only the garrison will be resisting the siege and not the milita.

Overall the ai tend to "raid too much" for my taste, specially when its counterproductive afterwards in maintaining control of the city aka prevent it from revolting.
A bit of an update!

So the factions in question eventually did take back their town but it took a good 2 in game years! yes I think part of the reason was exactly what you said, they were not at war with any other major faction and therefore lacked the motivation to create an army.

However, you would think that they would be more likely to siege gains the revolt when they are not at war considering their resources are no longer tied up with other wars. So even though the issue is "resolved" I do consider it still to be a minor game flaw that needs a bit of tweaking.

A bit of an update!

So the factions in question eventually did take back their town but it took a good 2 in game years! yes I think part of the reason was exactly what you said, they were not at war with any other major faction and therefore lacked the motivation to create an army.

However, you would think that they would be more likely to siege gains the revolt when they are not at war considering their resources are no longer tied up with other wars. So even though the issue is "resolved" I do consider it still to be a minor game flaw that needs a bit of tweaking.

No dobut but this is one of the shortcomeing of the "disband" armies when not at war with other kingdomes that was introduced in the patch.

Minor "kingdomes" or revolt etc should be still counting as "at war" and shoudlnt disband the armies.

Yeah, I've noticed 3 times this game, which isn't even well advanced (Spring 1089) that when a town is lost to Rebellion while we are not at war the lords will attack the enemy lords, but they don't create armies to take back the town. Then when we go to war with an actual faction, they use the armies to take back the towns, rather than actually fight who we are at war with. This is a problem because they don't focus on the wars, even when we declare the wars. In the last 2 wars I've had nothing in the area of the wars and I've had stupid quests to complete that keep me from getting to the wars right away. So in the last 2 wars we've lost 3 towns. In a war with Sturgia we didn't even attempt to take back the towns or send armies into Sturgian territory before accepting peace after losing 2 towns.

This is also a problem because once we take back the town that rebelled we give it back to the clan who had it previously. Once or twice I could understand, but so far, as part of the Southern Empire, we've lost Husn Fulq 5 times and the last 4 times its gone back to the same clan. I assume when we take it back again it will go right back to them.

--This is a 1.8.0 game.

Back
Top Bottom