Faction Refusing to Declare War

Users who are viewing this thread

Arkyll

Recruit
Our faction is refusing to declare war with anyone. Support for declaration of war is absolute 0 for everyone.

This would be a great thing if I werent playing a video game and wanted to actually have some fun.

I'm getting really bored just waiting in my castle for something to happen.

I don't particularly want to form my own Kingdom but the way things are going it looks like that is being railroaded upon me.

This is clearly because we own a good chunk of the map. I am seeing snowball prevention with this.

This sort of thing shouldn't happen to me though, because I am the player, and rules to contain the AI should not be applying to the faction I am playing with.
Otherwise, I wouldnt find the game very fun sitting in a castle doing nothing because I am being treated like a computer.

Does anyone know a way to declare war without the excruciating vote system?

No doubt that it involves me being a disgusting warmongerer, but the poor Diplomacy in the game has already forced me to become a sadistic psychopath anyway.

Our faction is refusing to declare war with anyone. Support for declaration of war is absolute 0 for everyone.

This would be a great thing if I werent playing a video game and wanted to actually have some fun.

I'm getting really bored just waiting in my castle for something to happen.

I don't particularly want to form my own Kingdom but the way things are going it looks like that is being railroaded upon me.

This is clearly because we own a good chunk of the map. I am seeing snowball prevention with this.

This sort of thing shouldn't happen to me though, because I am the player, and rules to contain the AI should not be applying to the faction I am playing with.
Otherwise, I wouldnt find the game very fun sitting in a castle doing nothing because I am being treated like a computer.

Does anyone know a way to declare war without the excruciating vote system?

No doubt that it involves me being a disgusting warmongerer, but the poor Diplomacy in the game has already forced me to become a sadistic psychopath anyway.
Raid a village of the faction you want to go to war with, it will still cost you some influence

I like being a mercenary and just move from war to war, until I have enough cash. Then I take a few rebel towns and build a large army before starting my Kingdom.

Is your faction Aserai by chance? I ask because they seem the absolutely most passive faction in the game, rarely declaring war and oddly rarely do they get declared upon.

No, Battania.
That is odd they are usually pretty aggressive and even if they aren't usually everyone else wants to kill them.

One of my issues with war is that you as the King should always have final say meaning if you want a war, you should be able to declare war. You shouldn't need to win a vote to do it. I swear I feel more like I am trying to run a democracy than a monarchy.

It's a bit concerning and I do wish they would take the idea of "separate rules for AI on AI" to heart. We just want them to not paint the map without us.
I'm also seeing a lack of proper rebellions in my game of 1.5.8 I started on Thursday, but only time will tell how it ends up.

It's a bit concerning and I do wish they would take the idea of "separate rules for AI on AI" to heart. We just want them to not paint the map without us.
I'm also seeing a lack of proper rebellions in my game of 1.5.8 I started on Thursday, but only time will tell how it ends up.
Yeah I don't understand this. There is just so much, I am going to call it, "Over Engineering" in this game it isn't funny. It seems like a majority of the system they have been struggling with for the last year could have been addressed with much more simple systems that would have resulted overall in much more fun gameplay. Also there have been so many features cut from the game I have to wonder how much of this was because of the efforts to get this overly complex systems to work.

Honestly, I feel a bit cheated by these overly complex systems because I feel we are getting much less game because of them when simple systems would have worked just as good if not better.

Back
Top Bottom