Kurhannover
Erzherzogtum Österreich
Great Britain
Royaume Français
Konungariket Sverige
Reino de España
Reino de Portugal
Rossiyskaya Imperiya

I'm still looking for the names of the factions how you write the names in their countries
Example : Prussia -> Königreich Preußen
If you know such names for these factions pm me : The Netherlands and the Ottoman Empire.

This thread is still in work!

Spain - Reino de España
Sweden - Konungariket Sverige
Portugal - Reino de Portugal

And btw it should be "Faction List"and what is the point of this thread again?

kalitorian said:
Spain - Reino de España
Sweden - Konungariket Sverige
Portugal - Reino de Portugal

And btw it should be "Faction List"and what is the point of this thread again?

Thank you very much. Added it :wink:
The point of this thread is to explain all ingame factions (history,banners and more) to the community =)
I will add the main part,when I am at home again because there I got a better PC than here in Croatia (I am online on iPad atm and there you can't write good topics). Im coming back home in 1 week.

The United Kingdom should be "Great Britain" if the mod is 18th century. The flag should also lack the cross of St. Patrick (it already does, good).

Austria was only an Archduchy (Erzherzogtum) before 1804.

Yeah. United Kingdom refers to England, Wales, Scotland, etc. Great Britain infers all the colonies and whatnot, if I remember correctly

It's the other way around, I'm afraid. After the Act of Union of 1707, England and Scotland merged to become Great Britain. A second Act of Union in 1801 merged the parliaments of Great Britain with Ireland to create the United Kingdom.

Today though, "Britain" usually refers to the big island to the east, and "UK" encompasses the entire territory of the British state.

I suppose I should weigh in on this, given the amount of time I've waste... I mean, spent researching..

After the Treaty of Union (And accompanying acts of Union by both parliaments), the kingdoms of Scotland and England united to become the Kingdom of Great Britain. It existed as such until 1801, when the parliaments of Ireland and the Kingdom of Great Britain voted to further expand the Union. At this point, the nation became known as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland; which of course it was, until Ireland left (Heh, left..) the union in 1922, and the name was officially changed in 1927.

Broomstick said:
The Netherlands = Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden/De Verenigde Provinciën.

Thanks. Will tame the 2nd one. =)

Back
Top Bottom