Faction Leaders need special gear

Users who are viewing this thread

In Warband, faction leaders all had special gear (usually the best gear of their specific culture) for example, his royal highness the butterlord King Harlaus had plate armor while Swadian lords either had mail or some kind of brigandine, Sanjar Khan had a unique piece of armor which was unavailable to the player and not worn by any other lord.

I think its a bit strange that pretty much every faction ruler in Bannerlord just wears what every other lord is wearing. They need unique gear. Perhaps create a special crowned helmet with the best stats, create special gilded swords and the body armor with the best stats, etc.

Given king title is not fixed to particular NPCs like in the Warband anymore, how would you implement that? In Warband only some NPCs were or could become kings and they were immortal.

A more doable alternative would be to give the leader of a faction a group of free bodyguards. These could be unique and other than becoming the leader of the faction you'll have to capture them to get them. How many the leader get could be based on how many castles the castle owns, these are the best knights afterall and would give more value to castles.

Funny thing is that Derther usually wear a 20K regular chest armor while his Knight’s wear a 536K armor xD. Cannot wait for armor prices getting balanced...

On topic, yes, would be nice to see some gear being only accesible for kings and other strong lords.

I think it's a great idea, however I think there's something more important than the armour - the regalia.
Imagine if each culture would have their own, crowns, coronets, tiaras, mantles, scepters? Those items should be somehow tagged to be equipable by a ruler of a certain culture only, as civilian equipment. They could even confer some very small bonus to the ruler, representative of his subjects faith in his legitimacy

But sure, the armour donned by a ruler would probably be the best available for his culture as well.

Funny thing is that Derther usually wear a 20K regular chest armor while his Knight’s wear a 536K armor xD. Cannot wait for armor prices getting balanced...

On topic, yes, would be nice to see some gear being only accesible for kings and other strong lords.
Tbf, he tends to come across as indifferent to blinging it up, so it makes sense for him to dress plainly.

It would still be great to see unique gear for faction leaders though.

+1

And the special equipment should be passed to the next ruler when it's the case, I think that would be very cool
+1

A more doable alternative would be to give the leader of a faction a group of free bodyguards. These could be unique and other than becoming the leader of the faction you'll have to capture them to get them. How many the leader get could be based on how many castles the castle owns, these are the best knights afterall and would give more value to castles.
+1

I agree fully, and we can see the game going in this direction for some time, we got the imperial crown a while ago, and with this patch alone we got 2 pieces, one of which is even named as "battle crown", which implies it will be worn by a king, and a furred hat i think fits perfectly to be worn as a part of a Sturgian leader's civilian outfit.
sxij6.png

Given king title is not fixed to particular NPCs like in the Warband anymore, how would you implement that? In Warband only some NPCs were or could become kings and they were immortal.
True. Plus most noble men and women have very high, if not the highest, gear their culture offers (Garios in imperial hauberk and scale skirt, Ira in scale armour etc.). The same is true for Warband, by the way.
I think its a bit strange that pretty much every faction ruler in Bannerlord just wears what every other lord is wearing.
Well, if you activate the cheat mode and have a look at the high tier armours and helmets, you will notice that rulers wear the best gear and nobles the second best... It is not totally unique but it is the closest the life-death-birth-cycle allows to be done.

A historical note: Bannerlord simulates the late Roman "senate", the northern and Germanic "thing" and the Holy Roman "Kurfürsten". These three are ancient and medieval electoral systems because in the European middle ages kings were elected out of a pool of influential nobles. They wore the best armour they could affort "tailort for them" , but not unique in appearance (except for a crown mounted on the helmet, which can be found in Bannerlord too). Only in the modern era (1500 onwards) special armour for kings was a thing, because in the Holy Roman Empire the trend shifted from elections to heriditary systems of "kingmaking" which ended in absolutism since the 1420s. 1084 is not 1420 or even 1500.

Clothing on the other hand was always very special for Kings and Queens/faction rulers. This is were we can see unique items as well as weapons: unique clothing and decorative swords during public events were royal, but on the battlefield there was not much of "unique" armours or arming-swords (the weapons used for fighting, not for showing off)...
Sorry for the lecture.

Last edited:
Well, if you activate the cheat mode and have a look at the high tier armours and helmets, you will notice that rulers wear the best gear and nobles the second best... It is not totally unique but it is the closest the life-death-birth-cycle allows to be done.
I'm sure, but I fail to see why the game can't just replace a piece of equipment from a npc when said npc is elected ruler, or if somehow can be done, replace it with a lesser gear of corresponding category when deposed. Similarly, it would not be impossible to add a line of code handling election to add/remove a specific item from all player inventories.
This is particularly true when the unique item type is constant for each culture.

I'm sure, but I fail to see why the game can't just replace a piece of equipment from a npc when said npc is elected ruler, or if somehow can be done, replace it with a lesser gear of corresponding category when deposed. Similarly, it would not be impossible to add a line of code handling election to add/remove a specific item from all player inventories.
This is particularly true when the unique item type is constant for each culture.

A cut scene for the coronation would also be nice.

Back
Top Bottom