Faction Heraldry Registry

Users who are viewing this thread

Hospes fori said:
Scorpia said:
From skretch eh? Well, I'm sure I've seen it, either FI2, Brytenwald (whatever it's called) or Vikingr, maybe even one of the Native clans. Idk, but that bird is very, very familiar from warband.
Why do you have to be so resentful all the time, Scorpia?

The hrafnsmerki is one of the oldest heraldic objects. Throughout history the raven was used by potentates as a symbol of recognition, especially by Scandinavian people. Here you can see it decorating a coin minted in the 10th century on behalf of Olaf Cuaran.
Penny_Raven_Amlaib_Cuaran.png
Consequently it has become a popular symbol for Vikings in general, which is not only to be seen in Warband and its modifications but on many other occasions as well. For instance, it was already used back then in Medieval: Total War – Viking Invasion.
vikinginvasion.jpg

Having said that, the raven on this particular banner should be scaled down a lot. The way it is now it will not fit shields at all.
Yeah, I know what it is. I was just saying I've seen it in game.

James Grant said:
Scorpia said:
ethemp said:
Its created by Jezza from skretch, inspired by the original banner (irl) Jarldom of Vestfold and the Norse Danish.
From skretch eh? Well, I'm sure I've seen it, either FI2, Brytenwald (whatever it's called) or Vikingr, maybe even one of the Native clans. Idk, but that bird is very, very familiar from warband.

God you are a spiteful little person aren't you.
You make me cry. If you would learn to make original banners for once.

Arys said:
Scorpia said:
ethemp said:
Its created by Jezza from skretch, inspired by the original banner (irl) Jarldom of Vestfold and the Norse Danish.

I think you're referring to the Einherjar clan banner, it looks pretty similar.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,201199.0.html

Nonetheless, no need to attack each other it's just banners guys.
Thank you! I never had time to check myself.

Scorpia said:
James Grant said:
Scorpia said:
ethemp said:

God you are a spiteful little person aren't you.
You make me cry. If you would learn to make original banners for once.

I have made original banners many times, I however prefer to search for actual ones and base banners off those used by real knights rather than the idiotic and unrealistic imaginations of most of the people who make up banners. In this case I was asked to literally make a red banner with the nordic bird on it. So I did.

I have a coat of arms I'd like to submit.  Is this thread still watched (by the guys who add the banners)?  And do banners get updated when PW gets updated?

Honestly I think the game lacks greatly about Turkic banners(only some basic arabic ones from native, so I have decided I can contribute with some more Turkic-Aimed banners.)

*A corsair-ish islamic+turkic banner. This looks like the Ottoman Barbary states' type of banner(you can recognize if you played Empire: Total War) yet this is not directly copy pasted nor stolen. Perfekt for corsair/pirate roleplay imo.

[In case you don't know history: Barbary states=States tied to Ottoman Empire(Todays Algiers, Tunisia, Libya) and given the permission to loot/burn/steal every infidel(mostly spanish were hurt most due to their position) ship. They were devastating and pretty dangerous until the French(along with europe) *got the technological advantage and* conquered Algiers(Hayreddin Barbarossa, Oruç Reis etc. are the most popular among european history books). Look it up if you are interested. They were the Pirates of Carribean Mediterranian before it was cool.

Anani said:
Honestly I think the game lacks greatly about Turkic banners(only some basic arabic ones from native, so I have decided I can contribute with some more Turkic-Aimed banners.)

*A corsair-ish islamic+turkic banner. This looks like the Ottoman Barbary states' type of banner(you can recognize if you played Empire: Total War) yet this is not directly copy pasted nor stolen. Perfekt for corsair/pirate roleplay imo.

[In case you don't know history: Barbary states=States tied to Ottoman Empire(Todays Algiers, Tunisia, Libya) and given the permission to loot/burn/steal every infidel(mostly spanish were hurt most due to their position) ship. They were devastating and pretty dangerous until the French(along with europe) *got the technological advantage and* conquered Algiers(Hayreddin Barbarossa, Oruç Reis etc. are the most popular among european history books). Look it up if you are interested. They were the Pirates of Carribean Mediterranian before it was cool.
and then St. Laszlo's voice came down from the heavens and said read the first post

Thanks for putting my new Jerusalem banner ingame Vornne :smile: it looks pretty good if I may say so myself.

I have a question regarding faction colours and banners.

How do you change the faction colour of a banner?

So if I want to swap red for blue, the banner is blue in game but the faction colour is still red.

BeerAndPretzels said:
I have a question regarding faction colours and banners.

How do you change the faction colour of a banner?

So if I want to swap red for blue, the banner is blue in game but the faction colour is still red.
You don't, unless you want to mess with scripts.

Hello there folks, I want to start of with saying sorry to Vornn, since I sent him a pim before finding this post. Maybe even 2.

Either way, I am the leader of the clan Steelshields and I would like my clans banner implemented, at this time I cant include the banner since I cant get to it using my college laptop. But I will include it in another post. But if this is still a possibility to have the banners implemented, I would greatly appreciate it since we really have grown in size, and all appreciate the PW module.

Thank you for taking time to read this.

Scorpia said:
Read the OP to make sure it can be added.

Im quite sure it can be since I have been using it for quite a while now :3
Alltho i´ve been forced to use it as some sort of texture pack.
And also as I see it this has only got the need of being converted into a DDS file, or if its called something else, Im pretty sure its DDS
rloW8kU.png

GodlikeRaya said:
Scorpia said:

And also as I see it this has only got the need of being converted into a DDS file, or if its called something else, Im pretty sure its DDS
rloW8kU.png

I hate to be rude but that is bloody awful, and it will look wierd on armour and shields for sure.

James Grant said:
GodlikeRaya said:
Scorpia said:

rloW8kU.png

I hate to be rude but that is bloody awful, and it will look wierd on armour and shields for sure.

I appreciate ur honesty, but nah. It looks good on shields and armor, and flags. Just not when you pick it as lord or when seeing it as you cap it. Execpt that its pretty sweet. Since the white outlines actually dissapears.

GodlikeRaya said:
James Grant said:
GodlikeRaya said:
Scorpia said:

rloW8kU.png

I appreciate ur honesty, but nah. It looks good on shields and armor, and flags. Just not when you pick it as lord or when seeing it as you cap it. Execpt that its pretty sweet. Since the white outlines actually dissapears.
:lol: I don't think you understand the definition of good. Wouldn't a steelshield be better? A steelshield and sword or something.

Scorpia said:
GodlikeRaya said:
James Grant said:
GodlikeRaya said:
Scorpia said:

rloW8kU.png

:lol: I don't think you understand the definition of good. Wouldn't a steelshield be better? A steelshield and sword or something.

Mhm, ye probably. I had that at first then I just decided to go with this. I honestly dont know why. I think it was most likely because of the lack of "liking" the other banner I did before this, that featured a shield :razz:

Back
Top Bottom