Faction Distinctions

Users who are viewing this thread

Epicspencer

Recruit
What are the differences, both lore wise and mechanically, between the factions? Swadia is Nazis, Kherigts are China, Vagiers are Russia, and Sarriands are Islamic states, but that is the extent of my knowledge.

Epicspencer said:
What are the differences, both lore wise and mechanically, between the factions? Swadia is Nazis, Kherigts are China, Vagiers are Russia, and Sarriands are Islamic states, but that is the extent of my knowledge.

Rhodoks are Fascist Italy, perhaps with a dash of Francoist Spain, and Nords are Winter War-era Finns. Well, and Balion being CSA as alternative history 'Murrica, and Balion being... an unholy mix of some different things.

I didn't try out the new update, which, if previous ones are anything to go by, completely rebalances ERRYTHING, so I cannot really talk mechanics.

Khergits are rather Mongolia (communist state and USSR ally from the 1920s to the 1990s) than China. Helvetia is... weird. A kind of Poland-Prussia-Switzerland mix. :mrgreen:

Id like to know whats marks the different troops and troop trees militarily and se parallels, i havent tried 1.5 but maybe like Swazis have overall best equipment and rounded stats but hardest to level up to get to high tiers so every hit hurts, Balion being fairly well equipped but being able to get the high teir troops very quickly ( so its kinda reminicisent of both america in ww1 and 2 being able to just drown in bodies especially in ww1 and well trained but better quipped n ww2, or just something so its not just different skins for different folks :smile:
Edit: i should say like to see differences anyway not necessarily these just you know so every faction feels different :grin:

Swadia= Nazi Germany

Vaegirs= Soviet Union

Khergits= Communist China/ Mongolia (I've always viewed them as more like China in this game, but there are some references to the Mongols apparently)

Nords= Finland during the Winter War

Rhodoks= Facsist Italy

Sarranids= Arabic countries, with maybe a little bit of Ottoman influence.

Balion= United States of America

Helvetia= Prussian/Polish mixture (their leader is called a Tsar though and his name sounds like Putin, so maybe there is also a bit of WWI imperial Russia in there too)

OK, so assuming there isn't much in terms of changes, mechanics-wise:

Nords absolutely rock in terms of ranged units. In the previous versions, the Nord Snipers could and would beat armies three times their size if you used them cleverly. On the other hand, an all-Sniper army has NO means of fighting melee, making them a joke in terms of close combat. Teal Deer, don't let the enemies get close or you are thoroughly ****ed.

On the complete flipside, Khergits and, apparently, Sarranids, wear melee weapons to a man, with the former being more horse-heavy and the latter infantry, from my experiences in this version.

Swadia is well-rounded, with pretty much all types of troops receiving equal attention, but none excelling.

Rhodoks I don't know much about, they seem to have decent sharpshooters too.

Vaegirs are also quite balanced, but lean more heavily towards close combat ranges with the lack of DOOMSNIPERS and SMGs and ARs wielded by some troops. Top-tier are stormtroopers, but I didn't get to them yet.

Helvetia has a really short troop tree (Recruit->Soldier->Lieutenant -> Either Black Coat or Spec Ops) and troops wield sabres, so they can hold their own in close ranges. Don't know much more.

Balion seems to have snipers of their own, although less powerful and accurate rifles for them (might be faster though), and I think some machineguns, but I haven't really delved much into them.

scrdest said:
Nords absolutely rock in terms of ranged units. In the previous versions, the Nord Snipers could and would beat armies three times their size if you used them cleverly. On the other hand, an all-Sniper army has NO means of fighting melee, making them a joke in terms of close combat. Teal Deer, don't let the enemies get close or you are thoroughly ****ed.

I'd also like to point out about the Nords: their basic infantry you get from villages seems rather strong.    I can take 50 of them and kill a 100-strong Vaegir army with less than 5 casualties on normal damage consistently...

bwc153 said:
scrdest said:

I'd also like to point out about the Nords: their basic infantry you get from villages seems rather strong.    I can take 50 of them and kill a 100-strong Vaegir army with less than 5 casualties on normal damage consistently...

chuck norris can beat them all alone.

arlvent21 said:
bwc153 said:
scrdest said:

Get out. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Epicspencer said:
arlvent21 said:
bwc153 said:
scrdest said:

Get out. :evil: :evil: :evil:

oops..sorry i pass by here to get my popcorn.

:mrgreen: I guess Caldria, sort of... ended up... a bit like this!

19-qlK3WMR.png
arstotzka3.jpg

2528592-papers.gif

1390940906291.jpg

King Ragpar said:
Does helvetia always get captured (It was so small I couldnt find it on the map) XD
I think its on the island to the far south (across from the Sarrinids; if so, then Helvetia is like Cyprus)

Back
Top Bottom