Votes: 29 11.9%
  • Scythia

Votes: 19 7.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

dion1195

Grandmaster Knight
Well, Name a faction and discuss it.
also, you can use this topic to suggest us(the team) factions.

so Go ahead and discuss and suggest.
I will use this topic to see if there are any good good ideas concerning the factions.

This is, ideally, what I think Europe/the western Mediterranean should look like:

idealworldmap_zpsc083821a.png

That's basically the current map, plus my recommendations of adding Syracuse and the Belgae in, but also adding in the Illyrians and maybe another faction inbetween Scythia and the Germans, as that part of the world is just nothingness right now.

I still reckon the Belgae would be a good faction to include - there's gonna be a big empty space on the map between the Gauls and the Germans in the north, and I reckon it could fit lots of places. Sicily might be a bit smaller, but I still think they'd be strong, just because the Romans and Carthage are gonna be stretched out all over the place, whereas Syracuse would be very concetrated. I'd be more worried about the threat they'd pose to the Roman faction than the other way, but that's just me.

And then, further down the road, you can add in the awesome eastern factions

Dion/Folcwar said:
well, what did live around there? since I have no cleu mate.

Live around where - the question mark? Off the top of my head, no idea. I'm not even sure if anyone knows if there was a large kingdom there or anything, but it's something I might look into if you guys would be up for it.

I suggest calling the Roman lords Senators. Not an exact fit, as Roman gentlemen ruled their estates, sought power in the Senate and left townsmen to squabble with each other in urban curiae. Still, a Senator might be a nice idea for title. Lords in this vote in a way on captured fiefs and marshals, so it would work well.

Carthaginians Lords could be Senators too, as they were ruled by a pair suffetes and council combined.

The romans just got long names at the moment, and every lord that joins them becomes a General.
Cartahge. has Generals*

But Maybe senators is better.

Ok, so I made a topic about a certain faction and I did not see this topic at the time...So I'll just write about that certain faction here.
The mentioned faction is Illyria.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illyria

Now, as some of you might know, it was an ancient region in the south of Europe. Illyrians were not that important even tough they did annoy the Romans enough which caused Romans to conquer them. Well, not immediately, but they got the job done. Anyway the reason why I'd like to see Illyria in the mod is simply because I believe it would add some diversity to the mod and provide some sort of connection between Greeks, Thracians, Dacians and Romans on the map. Plus, needless to say, I come from that area, and even if it's not 100& confirmed, they could be my ancestors! And, I never could play as them in any of the Roman based games, so that's another reason. I've been told that they are interesting enough to have their own role in the mod, which is great.

Dion/Folcwar said:
well, Not really german, nor dacian.
They were Slavic and Baltic Tribes.
They had a diffrent culture then germans and Dacians.

AFAIK Slavic people didn't appeared before the 5th century AD.
Tacitus tells us that everything till the lands of the Sarmatians and Dacians was Germanic. Although he counted Baltic people (the Aestii) as of Germanic culture but with a language that resembles the British.
[quote author=Tacitus]Germania omnis a Gallis Raetisque et Pannoniis Rheno et Danuvio fluminibus, a Sarmatis Dacisque mutuo metu aut montibus separatur
[/quote]
Whole Germania is separated from Gaul, Rhaetia, and Pannonia, by the rivers Rhine and Danube; from Sarmatians and Dacians, by mountains and mutual dread

As of Wikipedia the whole Western half of this "questionmark-area" is Germanic.

Those were the today so called East Germanic tribes, e.g. Vandals, Burgundians, (later also the) Goths, and those were Germanic and not Slavic people.

Well, I've been able to come up with 16 places east of the current German territory that could belong to this new faction, although some of them are fairly down south. Maybe rather than calling them Balts or Slavs they could just be called "Eastern tribes" or something like that, just to make it more inclusive of different people?

If not that, we could always do what we were talking about and give some land there to the Germans. Yeah, they'd be spread out a bit, but if it's just easier to give them some places in that general area to shorten the gap between the Scythians/Dacians and the west, I suppose it wouldn't be too bad. And having had a look at what it would be like, it really does shorten the gap quite a bit.

EDIT: to give a bit more detail, here's the map of settlements I was able to come up with for a potential "filler faction."

Easterntribes_zpsa1bea18d.png

If we were just to give the Germans a few cities, to beef them up and spread them east without making them OP / too far apart, it could look something like this:

potentialmap_zps30f69fa2.png

If you're unsure about what to do for this little section of the map, just handing over those settlements would be an easy fix, I reckon.

I play a lot of offline multiplayer because my internet sucks and I lag a lot, so I've noticed that the Greeks are either, very weak, or the Romans are too strong. For example, Greeks only get 1 type of sword, the Falcata. Which looks exactly like the Kopis. Not only is there only 1 type of sword, the one sword, is pretty weak, in comparison to the Romans (Falcata 26 damage, Gladius 37 damage). The Velite, gets 1 melee weapon, the Gladius. Which right off the bat does 37 damage, thats only the Velite! I don't even want to fight the Roman infantry, (think they're called Triarii) with the golden Squamata, due to their fast jabbing 37 damage, who, since the Falcata is weak, are very tough!  :lol:

The "Mod information and Downloads(2.1 Released.)+ 2 patches" thread says that the Greeks have heavy cavalry, yet, in game, the Greek cavalry wears a Toga,  which has 13 body armor, and 3 leg armor. The Roman Velite has tougher armor than that! They have the "Roman Light Armor" which has 29 body armor and 13 leg armor!!!  :shock:
I'd also like to point out how superior the Roman Cavalry is.

The Greek City States
Leader: King Eumenes II Soter

Strenghts: Heavy cavalry with lances, strongly armored infantry
Weaknesses: Bad missle units

Point is, the weakest Roman class, which is a ranged class, has more melee damage output than Greek infantry (Hoplite), and has wayyy tougher armor than the Greek heavy cavalry, and almost as much defense as the Greek infantry.

But don't let the wall of text make it seem like i don't enjoy the mod. I love it! Honestly, its probably my favorite module for M&B. :mrgreen:

Companions were thought of as heavy cavalry, please, correct me if I'm wrong, and they wore the same chest armor as Greek Cavalry do in the mod, so I believe calling them heavy cavalry is accurate. They also have the most powerful spears while on horseback. However, I'd definitely call their infantry 'Medium armoured infantry' rather than 'Heavily' because a Linothorax is hardly heavy armor. If they were still wearing Bronze Breastplates, my opinion would be entirely different.

Daethikus said:
I play a lot of offline multiplayer because my internet sucks and I lag a lot, so I've noticed that the Greeks are either, very weak, or the Romans are too strong. For example, Greeks only get 1 type of sword, the Falcata. Which looks exactly like the Kopis. Not only is there only 1 type of sword, the one sword, is pretty weak, in comparison to the Romans (Falcata 26 damage, Gladius 37 damage). The Velite, gets 1 melee weapon, the Gladius. Which right off the bat does 37 damage, thats only the Velite! I don't even want to fight the Roman infantry, (think they're called Triarii) with the golden Squamata, due to their fast jabbing 37 damage, who, since the Falcata is weak, are very tough!  :lol:

The "Mod information and Downloads(2.1 Released.)+ 2 patches" thread says that the Greeks have heavy cavalry, yet, in game, the Greek cavalry wears a Toga,  which has 13 body armor, and 3 leg armor. The Roman Velite has tougher armor than that! They have the "Roman Light Armor" which has 29 body armor and 13 leg armor!!!  :shock:

The Greek City States

Point is, the weakest Roman class, which is a ranged class, has more melee damage output than Greek infantry (Hoplite), and has wayyy tougher armor than the Greek heavy cavalry, and almost as much defense as the Greek infantry.

But don't let the wall of text make it seem like i don't enjoy the mod. I love it! Honestly, its probably my favorite module for M&B. :mrgreen:
also a Gladius only deals big damage when stabbing, while a falcata slashes more damage.
also the armour.... gonna take that down that roman shizz seems kind a..... strong :razz:

about the rest, since you are talking about the mp, the bots are diffrent then the information given in the download thread, they are meant for the sp.

where the greek cav gets a parmerion.

I don't like how you grouped all the Barbarian factions up into a single group, rather than spreading them out. They have different playstyles, you know. :neutral:

[me=Windbusche]coughs[/me]Britons are best [me=Windbusche]coughs[/me]

Dion/Folcwar said:
Daethikus said:

The Greek City States

also a Gladius only deals big damage when stabbing, while a falcata slashes more damage.
also the armour.... gonna take that down that roman shizz seems kind a..... strong :razz:

about the rest, since you are talking about the mp, the bots are diffrent then the information given in the download thread, they are meant for the sp.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense, but yeah that armor is strong  :lol:
Oh alright, I haven't played as the Greeks yet in single player, so I didn't know they got the Parmerion.
I still think the Falcata should do more slash damage  :razz:

Daethikus said:
Dion/Folcwar said:
Daethikus said:

The Greek City States

Yeah, I guess that makes sense, but yeah that armor is strong  :lol:
Oh alright, I haven't played as the Greeks yet in single player, so I didn't know they got the Parmerion.
I still think the Falcata should do more slash damage  :razz:
maybe...... but I am planning to add more swords to the greeks.
like kopis, and xhiphos.(or what ever xD)

Back
Top Bottom