Faction conversion

Users who are viewing this thread

James380

Sergeant
I am not at an incredibly powerful stage in the game where i can start to create my own kingdom yet but i was wondering if you can convert the newly conquered villages to a specific faction?
I am only at the stage where im sided with the Nords and the village they gave me turned out to be a Vaegirs faction -_-. Im looking for a pure Nord faction only so back to my original question.
Can you convert villages once you conquer them as your own faction?

Short answer I believe is no. It's written that way in native to stop certain troops (i.e Swadians) becoming unrecruitable if they get taken over.

However, for 2.6 the Floris team are going to implement fief and town improvements which will enhance the things you can do with the fiefs and how much you earn. I'm unsure of the details but you could maybe put culture conversion in as a suggestion?

SergeantEpson said:
Short answer I believe is no. It's written that way in native to stop certain troops (i.e Swadians) becoming unrecruitable if they get taken over.

However, for 2.6 the Floris team are going to implement fief and town improvements which will enhance the things you can do with the fiefs and how much you earn. I'm unsure of the details but you could maybe put culture conversion in as a suggestion?
Thanks for the reply & suggestion. I was just wondering about this feature since the majority of mods i have played gave the ability to convert villages ect to certain faction.
I guess you can call me a racist when it comes to m&b lol.

:L haha. Nah I'm the same, I loot and pillage Khergit & Sarranid constantly because I never use them.

Hmm, if it's already a feature in other mods then it's far more likely to be implemented as it would be much easier then writing from scratch.

I don't have it installed but perhaps someone else can, it might be a feature in the cheat menu.

Also it would be good of you could convert population of village only when it borders with village of the same culture you want to have. And also belongs to converting faction. It wouldn't make sense, if Rhodok lord would convert Sarranid village in the middle of desert to Nord culture, right?

Eventually you'll have to use multiple troop types. Going "pure" the entire game with a single faction is impractical. You won't be capable of reinforcing garisons.

SergeantEpson said:

Really.  When is that coming?

Hmm i can't find the full quote but I read middle/late summer.

You can find the 'workshop' here. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,233356.0.html
It is the alpha stage of the mod. Oh and:
Duh said:
The time left until release is directly dependent on the amount of testers and the quality of their reports for this.

:razz:

Just stick your suggestion in the suggestion thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,148143.0.html
But look at the tracker first: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnG_YU8hXbcFdEl3R25oNDdSOXR2b3BITzN0cEQwVmc#gid=0
Remember to tell them that the mod laready exists and try and give them a few links to it if you can, their busy. They'll always read your suggestion even if they don't implement it.

Alternatively you can ask them advice via PM on how to put it in yourself :smile:.

Back
Top Bottom