Need More Info Faction AIs not very smart .. intentionally or bug ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Tbh this one I do agree is something that needs work on.

I dont think the AI is smart enough to notice the water between Revyl and Neveyansk castle.
Which is typically where the action is(atleast at start vs Vlandia).

This part of the land should have been better designed, or the AI should know that if they are what is in viewing distance from the land, in travel time its actually very far, takes for an army 2-3 days to travel.

Overall the design of the land is horrible, which leads to the AI not makeing the best choices.
But yah also Revyl have lots of grain most of the time unlike Varcheg.
Varcheg should have had 1 more village attached to it, that produced grain, I think overall it would have been better for the faction, than what is being produced by Rodbas(the other village atleast make fish so thats something).
Thus that army would be able to stock up on warsupplies fairly easy at Varcheg which is more a "central" town in warfare with most of the other factions that Revyl is.

Well for a start, Zorion has pointed out one serious problem for Sturgia.

(2) Attacking sieging armies tend to target cities deep in enemy territory, making them easy to surround and destroy. They should target castles near your border so if the enemy appears, the attackers can retreat to nearby settlement.
(3) friendly armies DO NOT move towards the "sounds of battle". When I'm in a castle being sieged, and attackers start the assault, nearby friendly armies do not come to my aid. They just stand there. Combined soldier count would be larger than the attacker.
(4) When a settlement is taken by siege, only a tiny garrison is left to guard it ... WHY ????

.... more to follow

Could you add more detail on the issue you are facing? We need more info more than "join a kingdom and watch AI"

Basically what I meant in my post about the issue of the troops in Sturgia vs Vlandia war is that there seems to be an issue with the AI-pathfinding.
While the focus of the action is at Neveyansk castle, which is very short distance in airline from Revyl, it is however in actual travel time very far from it, 3-5 days for a decent sized army.

I'm also speculating that they still dont "find enough food" when they go to Varcheg, so they travel to Revyl cause its got grain.(this is speculation, though, and I cant confirm, but it seems like a somewhat logical reason for them to be there vs Varcheg or near the Neveyansk).

Well for a start, Zorion has pointed out one serious problem for Sturgia.

(2) Attacking sieging armies tend to target cities deep in enemy territory, making them easy to surround and destroy. They should target castles near your border so if the enemy appears, the attackers can retreat to nearby settlement.
(3) friendly armies DO NOT move towards the "sounds of battle". When I'm in a castle being sieged, and attackers start the assault, nearby friendly armies do not come to my aid. They just stand there. Combined soldier count would be larger than the attacker.
(4) When a settlement is taken by siege, only a tiny garrison is left to guard it ... WHY ????

.... more to follow

The only donate troops to the garrison of the taken fief, if the faction leader is AI, if the player is the faction leader, they do not donate troops to the garrison and this makes it easy for the enemy to conquer it back.

Hi there! Are you still encountering this issue in the latest version, please let us know. Best regards!

Back
Top Bottom