Face Textures Mapping Onto Hair

Users who are viewing this thread

dariel

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Hi all! Anyone have a clue as to what caused this bug? In some faces of a new race (skin) I created, the face textures are mapping onto the hair. Here's a pic:

And my code from module_skins:

#Male Sarkon = 2
(
"sarkon_m", 0,
"man_body", "man_calf_l", "m_handL",
"male_head", man_face_keys,
[
#Sarkons have their own hair
"sarkon_hair_ma","sarkon_hair_mb","sarkon_hair_mc","sarkon_hair_md","sarkon_hair_me","sarkon_hair_mf","sarkon_hair_mg","sarkon_hair_mh","sarkon_hair_mi",
],
[
"sarkon_beard_a","sarkon_beard_b","sarkon_beard_c","sarkon_beard_d","sarkon_beard_e","sarkon_beard_f","sarkon_beard_g","sarkon_beard_i","sarkon_beard_j","sarkon_beard_k","sarkon_beard_l","sarkon_beard_m","sarkon_beard_n","sarkon_beard_o","sarkon_beard_p",

],
["graay", ], #hair textures
["graay"], #beard_materials
[
("sarkon_young_2",0xffab81b1 ,["graay"],[0xffffffff, 0xffffffff]),
("sarkon_midage",0xffab81b1,["graay"],[0xffffffff, 0xffffffff]),
("sarkon_young",0xffab81b1,["graay"],[0xffffffff, 0xffffffff]),
("sarkon_young_3",0xffab81b1,["graay"],[0xffffffff, 0xffffffff]),
("sarkon_7",0xffab81b1,["graay"],[0xffffffff, 0xffffffff]),
("sarkon_midage_2",0xffab81b1,["graay"],[0xffffffff, 0xffffffff]),
], #man_face_textures,#0xff120808, 0xff007080c for black hair
[(voice_die,"snd_man_die"),(voice_hit,"snd_man_hit"),(voice_grunt,"snd_man_grunt"),(voice_grunt_long,"snd_man_grunt_long"),(voice_yell,"snd_man_yell"),(voice_stun,"snd_man_stun"),(voice_victory,"snd_man_victory")], #voice sounds
"skel_human", 1.0,
psys_game_blood,psys_game_blood_2,
[[1.7, comp_greater_than, (1.0,face_width), (1.0,temple_width)], #constraints: ex: 1.7 > (face_width + temple_width)
[0.3, comp_less_than, (1.0,face_width), (1.0,temple_width)],
[1.7, comp_greater_than, (1.0,face_width), (1.0,face_depth)],
[0.3, comp_less_than, (1.0,eyebrow_height), (1.0,eyebrow_position)],
[1.7, comp_greater_than, (1.0,eyebrow_height), (1.0,eyebrow_position)],
[-0.7, comp_less_than, (1.0,nose_size), (-1.0,nose_shape)],
[0.7, comp_greater_than, (1.0,nose_size), (-1.0,nose_shape)],
[2.7, comp_greater_than, (1.0,chin_size), (1.0,mouth_nose_distance), (1.0,nose_height), (-1.0,face_width)],
]
),

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Oh, so duplicates are bad. I also shouldn't re-use the hair texture in anything else? Thanks!

Edit: That fixed it, thanks Earendil! And Veledentella, yeah, I might consider it for another mod -- one with lots of mushroom influences :wink:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can of course reuse the hair texture for other stuff. You can have a mesh calling a different or same material which references the hair again, that is fine. You should only not have two different entries with the same name around, that's the critical situation.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom