Native LSP 2D Art Face Improvement Project

Users who are viewing this thread

Iboltax said:
thanks for the encouragement folks. I've been working on adding some new textures to increase the variety in the game. Some have turned out better than others but I think most are on pretty on par with the ones in the game already.

Still need to make old versions of each skin and a bunch of tweaking before its ready for release.

newskins12.jpg

newskins11.jpg

newskins10.jpg

newskins9.jpg

newskins8.jpg

newskins7.jpg

newskins6.jpg

newskins5.jpg

newskins4.jpg

newskins3.jpg

newskins2.jpg

newskins1.jpg

WOW! :eek:

Revan Shan said:
I was quoting Arnold Swarzenegger. Thanks to him we have this kind of epic phrases, like I'll be back, I don't copy you idiot...

Here. Watch this great compilation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0Xfqkgw
Ha-ha. I love the "you're fired" one, and I noticed that in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 the achievement for killing people with a Harrier is also called "You're Fired". I guess that Infinity Ward also likes Arnold. :smile:

Do you think you will make new africans faces?? because the game only had one type, and it's more a dark skinned person than a black one. this is a little problem for mods who contains some africans factions .

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, its good to know people will get use out of this.

KillerMongoose said:
How much longer must we wait?!? XD this is so awesome lol. Btw will you be making any new hair models btw? Some more options would be cool

I don't plan on making any new hair models. My plan was to move onto the female faces next but I'm not sure if I'll have time for that as I am busier with other real life work now, but I'll probably find enough time to slowly do the female heads.

Sayd Ûthman said:
Do you think you will make new africans faces?? because the game only had one type, and it's more a dark skinned person than a black one. this is a little problem for mods who contains some africans factions .

Not sure what you mean, I added a couple of faces that could be considered African. There's a new morph also that I created that does something like morph from a Caucasian to African bone structure that should make it easier to get more genuinely African looking faces.

soozo12 said:
fkng awesome , but U retextured the armour to ? :O

Nope, those are all just native armours and textures....unless I accidentally replaced them with something modded.

Hi just had to say these are excellent, really impressed with the Asian and African faces, you even have one fellah in there who looks French  :cool: Brilliant.  Look forward to see what you do with the girls  :grin:

:grin:  Very, very well designed features of individuals  face. Your face it is very suitable for Asian. Remake hairstyles for samurai.

It'd be nice if the module_skins.py file were provided. The fact that only the compiled skins file is provided makes full integration into other mods tedious.

Shik said:
It'd be nice if the module_skins.py file were provided. The fact that only the compiled skins file is provided makes full integration into other mods tedious.

Yeah I was going to do that but I think I just forgot to add it into to package when I put it together. I'll upload a new version with the py file soon.

some feedback on the new textures:
The level of gloss on some of the faces looks unnatural. I noticed you textured in a lot of lighting effects into the colormap, but I don't think this is desirable. This means that at all angles of light, there will always be a little white dot on the person's nose. I think that the lighting and gloss could be toned down quite a bit.
This problem is really most noticeable on these faces:
manface_white1, manface_white3, manface_mideast3, manface_mideast1, manface_black2, and manface_asian1.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean, its more to do with the fact that some of the textures I had low quality photo reference to use for them, it was difficult to get rid of the lighting in some of them without it looking weird. I realized later on that the ones that came out the best were the ones with the least amount of lighting in the actual texture. I've actually tried to fix that as much as I could, but its a lot of work without having good photo reference for the actual skin.

Its just a more old school style of game texturing where you tend to put more lighting information in to the diffuse channel.

Once I do the female faces I'll keep that in mind more.

Great work, so much better than native! Speaking of which, is there a way to use this a simple replacer for the native faces? It's just that when they're next to each other it's just a bit jarring, your textures being so good and the native ones looking a bit like aliens. If I were to make any constructive criticism though, it would be that the pack is a bit lacking in a few nordic looking faces, but that's not really an issue, the pack is amazing as it is. Anyway, fantastic work, and I greatly look forward to any possible future updates.

Back
Top Bottom