F&S Bugs Thus far

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, not sure if anyone else has got this.

I cannot save my games. It comes up in red: ERROR: Unable to save game.
Also when i restore and old one, and click save they are automatically deleted.
I need to sort out this problem.
I am using windows and have the game saved on one steam account (not sure if that matters)
Im only 14 so might need a lot of explaining. If you could help will be much appreciated.

Ehm... Having a bit of a problem here. I see various videos that mention commanders, and some that show them going to the commander menu, but when I look in the town menu of Smolensk myself, I find no option for commander. Mayor tells me himself that both guard commander and merc commander are hired.

Currently, I have 79k in thaler, so that can't be the problem. I also have several open slots in my party, so it's not because my party's full... Help, anyone?

Halberds
Requirement of 10 would be enough. Damage is too low I suggest 36 cutting damage.

Sabres
There are no 'good sabres' in the game. Every other swords have 'good' variants except sabres.
I use 2 good sabres:
A short and quick: 101 speed, 90 length, 28 damage
A normal: 98 speed, 95 lenght, 30 damage

Koncerz
Underestimated weapon. It was effective against armor so 30 damage and 95 speed would make it better. However crushing through blocks is not needed.

Broadswords
I think not only the scottish broadsword should be the ultimate broadsword. Good broadswords are actually very weak. #468 with damage of 26c is not a good weapon. I use 31. I also gave +4 speed to both of good broadswords (468-469) because they were useless.

Club-mace
A mace is called Club. Winged mace name would be better.

Eastern broadsword
Not worth to use. It is better with 96 speed and 30 damage.

Hand crafted items should be the best. Otherwise why are they in the game?

In the Polish quest line there is two times when I needed to capture a Swedish officer. There is no such unit in the game. It would be better to name what is actually needed. Swedish reiter and later a lord. It was very disturbing.
Now the quest is to capture Cossack and Swedish cities. After I'm marshal. But I cannot do it because we are in peace since 150 days or more. It is annoying because I could do it anytime. Boring to walk on the map and doing random things and waiting the war. I could conquer nations but I'm afraid I would break the storyline. So war is needed at this point.
After 150 days the Crimean khanate is at war with Poland despite the mission I completed for the peace. Normally I wouldn't care but I spent too much time with unnecessary wandering.

In Pskov people got in trap at the stairs: http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/3010/pskovstairstrap.jpg

This shield is wrongly positioned: http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7563/wfaswrongshield.jpg
Right position: http://www.lemontree.hu/egyebkep/linkkep/history/katonak/images/Ottoman%20Infantryman%2016st.jpg

Strange to see High nobles and peasants wear the same elegant costumes.

At the beginning it was very disturbing I didn't know by sight which big settlement is city and which is a castle. It would be better to add 'castle' or 'fortress' to the name of every castle.

I cannot hire mercenaries in my own town. I need to hire a commander but he costs too much I would rather hire in other settlements. More informative texts needed especially to buildings and officers (treasurer, priest etc). The manual helps a bit in some cases but I would like to know from the game what can I expect exactly if I hire a certain officer like cavalry commander and such.

Lords should have the best equipments. Their soldiers have better armors and weapons.

I suggest some improvements to companions and rulers: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,195421.0.html
For example I modified the rulers' face based on paintings.

M&B WFaS steam version. I can get to the point where I am supposed to mount the horse... then I cannot mount the horse. No matter what I do I cannot seem to mount the horse. Do you need to be in a particular view or something? because If I do not go into first person view to shoot the lock it will not explode off the door... This game is so bugged and messed... I wanted a break from warband and play something story driven. I guess that isnt happening right now.

Eionixle said:
M&B WFaS steam version. I can get to the point where I am supposed to mount the horse... then I cannot mount the horse. No matter what I do I cannot seem to mount the horse. Do you need to be in a particular view or something? because If I do not go into first person view to shoot the lock it will not explode off the door... This game is so bugged and messed... I wanted a break from warband and play something story driven. I guess that isnt happening right now.
press tab during the tutorial to skip it

It is too easy to get money.

I could make too much money with trade. When I buy meat for 8 and sell for 200 without travelling much it is far from realistic feel. It is especially trading with castles. When I buy it for 8 and sell for 70 in cities, it is exaggarated too, but gamewisely it might be OK. I wish if I would have such a business opportunity in real life. :grin:
Also it would be more logical if castle merchants would have fewer money than city merchants.
I had no exceptional trade skill in the party, only level 2 from a companion.

There were and are big salt mines in Poland. I miss them in the game.

Credit and deposit rates shouldn't change. At least not that much. It might be connected to renown in the game. If you want some change you should link it to the trade skill. More logical. Especially deposit rates must be stable.

Villages give too much money. They provide the same like a castle or city while in those there are huge costs from buildings and officers. So it is far better if I have a village.

Double barelled firearms shouldn't provide more damage and accuracy than an ordenary weapon. The two shots are enough reason to buy them.
Pistols should have less accuracy than a carbine.
Double barreled duch pistol has accuracy of 85 while double barreled duch carbine has only 80! Their accuracy and shot speed must be exchanged, too.
Firearms have too much reload speed. Compare rapid pistol with 66 speed to composite bow with 85.

I have seen a code in a mod which order troops in npc armies in level order in every 24 hours. This way the stronger troops appear at first like players do and battles will be harder.
It would be cool to have possibility to order my troops in settlements similarly like in my army.

When I defend a castle my troops gather at a single point and leave the towers and the other enty points almost unprotected. Only a few of the soldiers remain in place.

I see some soldiers fighting with firearms in melee even they have a sword!

Killing routing enemies should give only a few xp if any. I didn't checked it in the game but I suppose there is no difference.

Musketeers reload their weapon even in the middle of meelee. It is too easy to kill them.

Troops shot in heavy fog. I cannot see anything but my troops and the enemy are shooting.

The AI should never attack in a horde. They might attack quickly but they should do it in a line.
Soldiers should be aware to side attacks. Not just standing like sheeps in the butchery.

A better weapon balance would be better. I think there are for example 4 types of good pistols. But there is an obvious rank between them from good to less good. It would be better if one is a bit quicker, another one is more accurate, the third has more damage so the player need to choose which one he likes and not choosing automatically the best available.

I cannot control my men in siege as attacker. Only a few, 5-10 soldiers follow my orders. There is no logical reason who follows me, they are from different groups.

I cannot leave the walls of Pskov in siege thus climbing out.

Hmelnitsky's revenge: it would be better when the fight happens he gets some additional soldiers based on relative strength of the players and his party. It can be called a trap or something.
In my game when we fought he had 20 soldiers while I had more than 100 and allies. Strange revenge. But if he would get additional troops from the big nothing it would be some revenge or such.

It would like to skip tutorial when I start a new game.

It's not a big thing to make a different skin for salt and flour but it would make the trade a bit easier.

Life guards are infantry? but they wear jackboots with spur  :shock:.

------------

Another thing i saw today, swedish swordmen had 2 2h swords, one in hand and the other in their back.

Csatádi said:
It is too easy to get money.

I could make too much money with trade. When I buy meat for 8 and sell for 200 without travelling much it is far from realistic feel. It is especially trading with castles. When I buy it for 8 and sell for 70 in cities, it is exaggarated too, but gamewisely it might be OK. I wish if I would have such a business opportunity in real life. :grin:
Also it would be more logical if castle merchants would have fewer money than city merchants.
I had no exceptional trade skill in the party, only level 2 from a companion.

There were and are big salt mines in Poland. I miss them in the game.

Credit and deposit rates shouldn't change. At least not that much. It might be connected to renown in the game. If you want some change you should link it to the trade skill. More logical. Especially deposit rates must be stable.

Villages give too much money. They provide the same like a castle or city while in those there are huge costs from buildings and officers. So it is far better if I have a village.

Double barelled firearms shouldn't provide more damage and accuracy than an ordenary weapon. The two shots are enough reason to buy them.
Pistols should have less accuracy than a carbine.
Double barreled duch pistol has accuracy of 85 while double barreled duch carbine has only 80! Their accuracy and shot speed must be exchanged, too.
Firearms have too much reload speed. Compare rapid pistol with 66 speed to composite bow with 85.

I have seen a code in a mod which order troops in npc armies in level order in every 24 hours. This way the stronger troops appear at first like players do and battles will be harder.
It would be cool to have possibility to order my troops in settlements similarly like in my army.

When I defend a castle my troops gather at a single point and leave the towers and the other enty points almost unprotected. Only a few of the soldiers remain in place.

I see some soldiers fighting with firearms in melee even they have a sword!

Killing routing enemies should give only a few xp if any. I didn't checked it in the game but I suppose there is no difference.

Musketeers reload their weapon even in the middle of meelee. It is too easy to kill them.

Troops shot in heavy fog. I cannot see anything but my troops and the enemy are shooting.

The AI should never attack in a horde. They might attack quickly but they should do it in a line.
Soldiers should be aware to side attacks. Not just standing like sheeps in the butchery.

A better weapon balance would be better. I think there are for example 4 types of good pistols. But there is an obvious rank between them from good to less good. It would be better if one is a bit quicker, another one is more accurate, the third has more damage so the player need to choose which one he likes and not choosing automatically the best available.

I cannot control my men in siege as attacker. Only a few, 5-10 soldiers follow my orders. There is no logical reason who follows me, they are from different groups.

I cannot leave the walls of Pskov in siege thus climbing out.

Hmelnitsky's revenge: it would be better when the fight happens he gets some additional soldiers based on relative strength of the players and his party. It can be called a trap or something.
In my game when we fought he had 20 soldiers while I had more than 100 and allies. Strange revenge. But if he would get additional troops from the big nothing it would be some revenge or such.

It's not a big thing to make a different skin for salt and flour but it would make the trade a bit easier.

Correct comments, important problems, I hope all will be fixed in the next patch.

Evil Cereal said:
Csatádi said:

I think you can when you press TAB.

Yep. Its possible to skip the tutorial by pressing TAB, though, the dude who guides you in the tutorial continue to talk even after you have skipped the tutorial... he won't even shut up if you exit to the main menu !

I didn't know I can skip tutorial when I collected the list. A warning would needed in the game about it. If it is there it must be eye-catching.

Csatádi said:
A warning would needed in the game about it. If it is there it must be eye-catching.

Agreed. But i will check it now, if there is any warning. (Let's see if this thing can run GTA 4 and WFaS simultaneously  :twisted: )

*EDIT*
As for 1.141, there truly is no warning.

Running version 1.143 - got from Steam:

Random crashes, some with, some without any kind of errors. The errors are C+++  Runtime errors <path>\wfas.exe. I have verified integrity and defragged the cahce files to no avail. I have played around with multiple ssetting in the setup, because one error was I ran out of graphics memory GTX 460 with 768 MB GDDRS). I updated drivers (280.26) and nada. I also forced single threading. Again, no joy.

Hanno555 said:

Random crashes, some with, some without any kind of errors. The errors are C+++  Runtime errors <path>\wfas.exe. I have verified integrity and defragged the cahce files to no avail. I have played around with multiple ssetting in the setup, because one error was I ran out of graphics memory GTX 460 with 768 MB GDDRS). I updated drivers (280.26) and nada. I also forced single threading. Again, no joy.

Welcome to the world of unfinished Turkish games

I think spears are overpowered, in multy play games, you ll die to easy by those, i dont know its a bug or not cuz in warband you dont see this killer hit by spears but is think Some decreasing of spears damage will be pretty good.

ronin44 said:
I think spears are overpowered, in multy play games, you ll die to easy by those, i dont know its a bug or not cuz in warband you dont see this killer hit by spears but is think Some decreasing of spears damage will be pretty good.
if they nerf spears, cavalry will just roflskate over everyone.

Polish Commonwealth Militia Pikeman (lvl4) upgrades to Militia Pikeman (lvl7)
They have different lvls and slightly different hats but they don't have the (Veteran) addition to their name like others

Evil Cereal said:
Hanno555 said:

Welcome to the world of unfinished Turkish games

I read this game was made in Russia or Ukraine? Can't remember now but one of the exUSSR countries defo

Is this intentional or a bug?

mb62.jpg

Back
Top Bottom