F&S Bugs Thus far

Users who are viewing this thread

nalmighty said:
maybe he means do "talewords" know about the runtime error.  im guessing  thats what he means :/

Well, assuming thats the case

They probably do, alot of mods check this thread for bugs and it has been likely looked at.

I have this problem where everytime i play the game for 15-30 or everytime i go into a city whether it be through travel map or seige on online server my text goes haywire and is all blocky and unreadable. now just imagine trying to do a task or quest in town when you cant read any of the text. and just imagine how annoying it is in battles to have all the damn text on the left side of your screen to be all blocky and unreadable. if you wanna see what it looks like my steam is Emperor of Awesome i already made a post on this for taleworlds and they havent responded. if anyone can help me out that would be much appreciated because this glitch is preventing me from a game that i would really like to enjoy like i did the other m&b games.
thanks

Knight of will said:
nalmighty said:
maybe he means do "talewords" know about the runtime error.  im guessing  thats what he means :/

Well, assuming thats the case

They probably do, alot of mods check this thread for bugs and it has been likely looked at.

yes i was meaning thath! so any help!

i can't find the freaking janusz radziwill for the mission Black Mace where the hell is he? i spend almost 1 hour looking for him -.-

If you are having too much trouble, then activate cheats and use control+T to see everyone on the map. Then control-click next to him and talk to him. A lot of the quests are just weird like that, and don't have proper resolutions unless you go and teleport to the guy.

I started supporting Stepan Razin, to help him claim the throne. Later, I asked him to release me from my oath. He advised that he would not take me again.

After that, I started the quest of the Muscovite Tsardom (The False Dimitry), and one of the quests requires me to talk to Stepan, but he doesn't appear in the list of any traveller and is nowhere to be found. I even bought peace with everyone, activated the cheats and CTRL+Clicked to check every city in the map within a single day. He is not anywhere.

Is there any way to workaround this?

Is this the right place to post this?

Thank you in advance!

"former queen"

Searching for the above keywords did not return any results, therefore posting as new:

When you successfully complete the 'support a claimant to the throne' quest for Swedish 'Former' Queen, the result is that the 'former' Queen becomes the actual Queen. However, for the rest of the game, her name stays as FORMER Queen. [which is not game killing but immersion killing.]

She should get renamed to Queen (without the FORMER tag).

EDIT - Observed on v.1.143.

Had the game for about a day now and so far I've run into the following GFX bugs -

1- Curse of the bald; Every single character is bald.
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558667918566845337/6D6851637FE0EF4339FA3C98A0193A654979A986/
2- Map void; Seemingly randomly placed texture holes in the map.
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558667918566913700/4571FBA92AE6CE063FE8C0F364B7667FDE318705/
3- Skybox and background weirdness; You know how sometimes an app is about to crash in Windows and it's not responding and you can move its window around but as you do the window is like copied to everywhere you move it? That happens with certain elements within the game world, such as skyboxes and walls.
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558667918572690263/82C125919E9C8494CB2EACCF2D76B00883CBCC9C/

(screens are included as links but don't seem to be allowed as I'm a new user?)

System info - Steam version of WF&S, Radeon 6870 with catalyst driver version 11.8

2nd I sometimes have the same. Do not panic, click the mouse somewhere. It will disappear when you move.
3rd The problem with the graphics card / drivers , probably not from the game itself. I'm not sure.

Ans99 said:
2nd I sometimes have the same. Do not panic, click the mouse somewhere. It will disappear when you move.
3rd The problem with the graphics card / drivers , probably not from the game itself. I'm not sure.

Ok, I'll have to try to not panic when I'm sending my men into something that is most obviously WITCHCRAFT!  :shock:

But yeah I kinda figured that it's a GFXcard thing, but then again - Isn't F&S's engine pretty much the same as Warbands, or am I way off? Anyway my point is that with Warband I suffer from none of these issues... Apart from the baldness thing, which I think I found the solution to by switching from 32bit color to 16. Haven't seen any bald people since anywho (apart from those supposed to be bald of course  :smile: ). This fix doesn't work with F&S though, so my conclusion is that I'm confused.

Knight of will said:
sorry mate, but i dont know this code language.

If it was programmed in BASIC or the C series, id be of more help

i just bougth the game from tale words and they just send me it by e-mail i just got the code but i downloaded the latest version from talewords just instaled it whith out visual c++. help????

Pretty impossible quest. It's about saving a village from thieves. And when I spawn, it looks like some kind of execution.
Alone I stand in front of 4-5 thieves standing in a line and firing a volley, it's a bit of instant K.O.
I would prefer having like 5 of my men at my side when entering the area, like when you beat up angry mob.  :mrgreen:

Also, this mod/expansion/game needs battle continuation after you die, so annoying to get killed while the enemy has 1-5 units left and you have to retreat without getting the hard earned renown, or fail saving the villagers from bandit,
and the village ends up looted.

And Reiters... Are a bit OP, I try to be modern and have 3/5 marksmen, 1/5 pikes and 1/5 Cavalry. aprox 70 men.
Yet, facing 10-25 reiters or winged hussars is slaughter for my side, with barely any enemy casualties.
Maybe I should try some lancers..

I have also have stopped receiving quests from the villages after I failed those 2 quests, the options
with village elders dissappear.  :cry:

And would cause great immersion if the sounds were a bit improved, horses that are louder than guns is not... fun?  :lol:

I found great entertainment with WFaS, I can only hope for more disciplined formations (one enemy unit close to the formation
breaks the whole formation and makes the men stopping to focus on their muskets) and the AI to be a bit smarter and
use formations too, instead going full-charge-horde-style with cavalry charging into the unprepared lines at the beginning
of the battle.

I'll check into TweakMB I guess and the sound mod.

Edit: Oh, I'll add that I'm playing 1.143 too.

How people treat horses in Sich  :grin:

sichw.jpg

Hey, what do you do there?

heywk.jpg

That is simply something... Umm... Fun...? :grin: I had a siege on WF&S, where over 20 people were inside the city walls! It was impossible to win! :grin:

Hmmm... funny bugs.  :lol:

It is always possible to win. Enable cheats and press Ctr+F4.  :wink:
I needed this in a village, maybe Siegevold where 3 bandits were under the earth.
And another village where I simply haven't found the last bandit.

Oh, is it "kill all" or "Instant win"? I didn't remember it because when I looked at cheats, I thought it was completely stupid cheat :grin:

Back
Top Bottom