F&S Bugs Thus far

Users who are viewing this thread

Auldman said:
Odd bug I noted today: I took a quest from the Polish King to put a Crimean claimant on the Tatar throne and so I encountered a Tatar general and asked him to join my Khan. He says yes. He says he sees the sense in my argument. Groovy. No not groovy. Next thing I know he says I am a traitor and he must attack! Wha? Not good man. Not good at all. Fix that please.  :twisted:

I have a similar issue!

I am quite advanced in the game, but have not done any main storyline quests, just supporting the claimants of Poland and then Russia. I did Poland first, then asked to break my oath with the Polish so I could support the Russian claimant (I wanted more fiefs!).

Afterwards I wanted to start the Polish main storyline, and went back to Janusz Radziwil to swear an oath, so I can become a vassal and ask a polish noble about starting the main storyline. BUT, after I swear the oath it gives me the "support a claimant" quest AGAIN for him, and Janusz Radziwil attacks instantly! I become rebels again, but with JR as the current king he becomes hostile. I can't become a Polish vassal again?? The best I can do is become a merc for the Polish via a noble...

Anyone know how to resolve this? I have no other quests (besides the caravan trader's pass - not an active caravan). Am I screwed by another bug or am I doing something wrong? Thx...

I'm going to have to really play with this one to sort out the various states for the quests. 

Mind you, I am not really terribly interested in the storyline - I think that will be something people will have to play through to enjoy and if you want to sandbox it, well you'll have to understand that you're probably going to break the quest as soon as you do anything 'interesting.'

Hello, first I must congratulate you for the awesome series of Mount and Blade. I play the games from the fist betas to the newly released Fire and Sword. They are all great. But I feel that despite many nice innovations, With Fire and Sword is some way behind Warband in terms of general gameplay. Because this thread if for bugs, I will tell some:
1. It really annoys me that when you are wounded,even on 25-30% health, you can pick a hand fight with any "Pub Visitor" in any Tavern and you automatically recharge instantly to full health for the fight, and despite if suffering any damage in the fight after winning you remain at full health.
2. In a melee fight, the CPU opponents SHOULD be granted the ability to kick, as you do. It is really gamebreaking that I can kick non-stop in hand fight through opponent's block and he can't even touch me. Also, in addition to my suggestion that any character should be able to kick, I suggest that kicking must be slowed down or it should receive time delay before repeated use, as it is now with jumping (approximately 1 sec).
3. If anything of the previous suggestions seems reasonable to you, this should feels the same way too: In a tavern, you should be able to fight only ONCE in a time with a "pub visitor", despite winning or losing. Let the time pass, maybe 2-3 ingame days, before some new candidate for beating appears. This way the game will be much more interesting, because now it is cleary noob's way to make money - repeated 25 talers bet, kicking the hell out of opponents and so on. If my suggestion is implemented to the game, then bigger bets may be allowed (100-200 denars), because that way it can't be abused for money-making.
4. When I am trying to sneak in a town, I feel odd given some default sabre and pistol from heaven :smile: I liked Warband's style better - you should try sneaking in a town dressed like a beggar and armed with club or something and dressed with some tattered cloth. OR, you can implement sneaking with your own gear, anytime. Because, I was defeated in battle, I have had nothing left in my inventory, tried to sneak in Vilna to buy some weapon and food, got caught and tried to fight my way out... when the battle loaded, I was holding some sabre and a pistol ! ( I was like this : God, when did you send me those toys :smile: ). I dealed pretty soon with the guards because of my strangely appeared weapons, but when the fight was over they disappeared... It is really short-minded. I saw that even if you take a walk around the streets in a non-hostile town, you spawn with some pistol instead of musket ? I don't seem reason for that, to spawn with other gear than your own like in Warband.
5. And finally, in Taverns, the sabre fight with a Pub visitors does not seems correct to me. I am handicapped one to three, and AGAIN, I spawn without my gear and armor, but with cloth and sabre. I am seeing three ways to fix that, if you please: first, you may spawn with your very gear and again fight three opponents; second, you may spawn with some default weapon (like it is now with the sabre) but to fight only one opponent, one-on-one; third, you may spawn with only sabre, fight three or more opponents, but to be sided with two or more of your companions ( those players, who have none companions, should keep their mouths shut in Taverns :smile: )
Again, those are only mine suggestions, I don't want to push anyone to like them. But I trully feel that the game will become much more realistic if they are implemented with some future patch. Thanks and respect

wildlyracing, I pretty much agree with you on your points, but keep in mind that this is a bug thread.

your first point has been fixed. I reported it in the bug tracker and a dev said it was fixed for next patch. I also said that in a fight where you wager 25 thalers, you actually get a net profit of 50 thalers, but they didn't say anything about that.
2nd: It would be nice if the AI knew how and when to kick, but I very much doubt AI kick will be implemented. Heck, its not even in warband. This isn't a bug-its a suggestion, and this is a bug thread.

Yep, it would be too demanding to ask AI to kick. But, I think 100% that the kick is overpowered and somehow this should be fixed - for example by implementing time limit to kick as it has time limit to jump again after you jumped once and maybe in addition the kick accuracy to be lowered below that of the punches. I am new to the forum, and my only wish is to help making the game better. Sorry if I have mistaken the topics, if somebody know where I may post right my previous suggestions, let him post them for me or insist me with links. Thanks and looking forward to replies :wink:

And one more thing :
Another thing that I have saw in the game and I think there is no logic in it: when you are defeated in battle, you always lost your weapons and sometimes your armor and horse. This is very good step up to realism compared with Warband (where you lost your stuff only sometimes). But I don't see logic that you never lose your inventory weapons, but only equipped ones. I think it should be random, sometimes to lose equipped, sometimes inventory weapons, sometimes both. I don't know if it is a bug or it is intentional, but that way you can always keep one or two good weapons inside your inventory without worries that they will be confiscated after defeat. This is kinda ruin the realism. Thanks again and excuse me for posting so much :smile:, I really like the game.

P.S. >> I am pretty certain that companions won't lose their weapons and equipment. I think it would be better if they do, as the player.

Hello

I'm here because apperantly theres a huge memory leak or something

I have started a rebellion in the muscovite storyline, and I have captured Moscow
Muscovite now wants revenge, so here I am, staying in town, waiting for them to attack
They attack, we have 400ish troops, they have 780
My battle size has been set to 100, so I'm not maxed out

The battle starts, and I'm looking towards the enemy, no problem
But when I look behind me, or even next to me the screen just freezes, and nothing happens anymore
After about 2 minutes my computer suddenly reacted again, but as soon as i turn around again, I freeze once again
When everything is running smooth I have 50-60 fps
After the screen froze, fps meter says my fps is about 4 (which has risen already, obviously)
When I turn around, the same happens again

I had Sapphire radeon 3970 512 mb x2 (crossfire) and graphics were set to LOW
I understand that these cards aren't really up to date, but it should work, no ?
Now I bought a new card, the SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6970 2 GB
This card is one of the newest cards as far as I know
This time, when i start this battle, I freeze ONCE AGAIN on LOW
I mean damn, I have one of the newest gfx cards, and I still freeze ?
The only difference is that now my game entirely crashes, even if I wait 5 minutes
I have tried a custom battle at the wooden fort, with even larger numbers (and graphics still on low) and everything went perfect and smoothly

My guess is that theres a huge memory leak somewhere on the battlefield
I'm hoping this will be fixed, cuz I dont feel like losing Moscow, recapturing it, and next not being able to defend it because of this :razz:

I've discovered something very annoying in siege battles; the marksmen just stop firing!

Whether on attack or defence, both the enemy and friendly marksmen simply stop firing their rifles and pistols as soon as the walls are taken. They won't join in the fight but instead swing there guns around themselves, blocking frantically with their rifles as if they were being attacked, even though there's noone near them. Those with bows still shoot, but every gun-wielder becomes a moron.

Simply put, what the hell?

Sam,

I've seen this as well Aldrahill, and I wonder if it's not because they've used up their ammo. Could it be that they prefer to use their muskets as cudgels instead of switching to another weapon (or don't have another weapon?)?

No, here's the thing: There's no enemies around them! As soon as they climb the walls they just stand on the top blocking randomly, while all the enemies are below the walls fighting the infantry. I've watched them, they only fire 3 or 4 shots before this happens.

Sam,

During the siege of Akkerman, my troops won't go over the wall, they just get to the top of the ladder and stop.

I did a search for Akkerman, and there was no result that was about this, so forgive me if this has already been reported (have not read 30 pages of bug reports).

I just found a funny bug
Right now I am leading a rebellion against the muscovites (I'm the marshall)
The polish were attacking me, so I chased them
Apperantly, their king was near, so I thought this might prove to be a difficult battle
But it looks like he is joining my side and attacking his own lord :razz:

when doing the cossack storyline towards the end about 10 cossack lords swapped to poland leaving about 8 cossack against about 23 polish lords, is this supposed to happen?  it doesn't make sense

when doing the polish storyline i defeated all the Crimean lords and took all settlements but even though the rebel lords are saying there are 0 armies left to fight, the rebels do not  win.  there are no armies or settlements left to defeat, but the khans brother still wont take the throne.

In my Game Ramun the slave trader says he pais up to 160, but if you look on your purse you will see he pays only 12 for every single prisoner!

That sux kub :razz:
Unfortunately theres any (or hardly any) troops that sell for 160 :razz:
I think this bug was present at Warband aswell

with running the steam version:

I'm getting some pretty major weird visual things happening whenever i play the game now. When i started playing it didn't happen often, but now i can't play for more then 20 mins at the most without some random squiggle appearing on my map. Also almost every convo i engage in at one point the screen freezes with no text, no conversation options visible either but if you click in their general direction they work anyway. Sometimes when this happens i get random characters all over the screen in a varity of colourful fonts and sizes, pretty but not helpful. In battles my sky often just gives up on life and becomes multiple screenshots of the ground. All these problems are solved by switching to the desktop and then back to the program but thats not really very helpful. Anyone have any ideas?? Is it just my computer??

I've tried validating the game cache as i read on some of the earlier posts and it has worked so far :grin: :grin: sorry about the unnecessary post ^.^

V1.141
My new character lost a point in strength without being defeated or knocked out. I have an earlier save for comparison.

edit: My mistake. The loss of stats seems to be the effect of dropsy. I rested and strength returned.

Text bug: Bakhchisaray Tavern, when you ask for food and to spend the night, as a woman, he'll refer to you as mister.  Haven't tried it at other taverns.

suddenly  :shock: everything gets dark

2011061900001.jpg

2011061900005.jpg

Post 1.141 :

I make one of my companions to use rifles while mounting. Instead they behave like doing meele and get quickly killed.

They should behave like horse archers do with their bows, except they use firearms instead.

Sorry if this had been posted before.

Back
Top Bottom