F&S Bugs Thus far

Users who are viewing this thread

lukas stoll said:
Don't know if bug is already recorded, but on quick read through I did not see anyone mention it.
It is possible to talk to a person(aka elder, or major or so) and shoot him at the same time.(when you are running around your gun aimed, then press F to talk to said person, it will shoot, it is possible to shoot him at that point) If he dies, then you firstly will be talking with a dead body, but the bug I'm recording is the fact that the game crashes the moment you leave the conversation with the dead guy.

I know, it seems an kinda hard bug to achieve, does not mean it should not be fixed, its a bug nonetheless.

Edit: Well I redit it and this time it did not crash, so I guess it is not a consistent crash.. but still something worthwhile mentioning I guess

I tried to replicate this in the town of salis with a "good pistol" and was unsuccessful in killing the target despite aiming dead-center on the target and having it shoot automatically upon chatting.

Remlap said:
Just something I found, game crashes if you reload and access steam chat during the reload.

Edit: When entering steam chat from inside a village (both reloading or not), it also kicks you out of the village; it seems there are a few more complications with the steam setup!

cjkfire said:
Apparently, we cant talk to lady's and ask them for the location of someone, but we can talk to lords and ask for locations of ladys. This makes it difficult to locate someone when most are out on a war party and you are looking for one fringe individual who is on patrol.

Why is Taleworlds using the outdated features of the first Mount & Blade? The codes to ask ladies the location of someone is already in Warband. Why use the first Mount & Blade, but not Warband?

original said:
cjkfire said:
Apparently, we cant talk to lady's and ask them for the location of someone, but we can talk to lords and ask for locations of ladys. This makes it difficult to locate someone when most are out on a war party and you are looking for one fringe individual who is on patrol.

Why is Taleworlds using the outdated features of the first Mount & Blade? The codes to ask ladies the location of someone is already in Warband. Why use the first Mount & Blade, but not Warband?

Why should a wife of Lord A know where are Lord B and C? When your girl would know where are all the other boys, what would you think about this...

Tal said:
original said:
cjkfire said:

Why should a wife of Lord A know where are Lord B and C? When your girl would know where are all the other boys, what would you think about this...

Then why was the feature to ask noblewomen where the other Lords are, in Warband?

original said:
Then why was the feature to ask noblewomen where the other Lords are, in Warband?

Warband is about a fantasy world, this one is more about a historical world.

So its realistic that every male lord knows where another lord is every moment of the day however a wife never even knows where her husband is?  :grin:

I'm having random crashes to the desktop during multiplayer. I cannot see a pattern to them yet, they appear random. Please let me know if you need my specs or any other info.

Cheers.

The bugs I have encountered so far include:

I: While playing multiplayer, occasionally a bunch of random overlay images appear, as if somebody had taken a paint brush and painted a bunch of numbers and letters on my screen.

II: The meshes occasionally create extra garbage which floats around like a ball of katamari.

III: I occasionally crash from the game when firing a musket.

Those are the multiplayer bugs I have encountered so far, yet to have played singleplayer.

original said:
Tal said:
original said:
cjkfire said:

Its because WB engine isn't as stable as MB engine, this is demonstrated simply with the lag and texture issues, although in a different curcumstance. Whats funny though is MB engine can actually replicate (some cases better) WB textures.

Also my bug: LAG, SO MUCH LAG... I've tweaked every setting possible, my computer is top of the line, with the best video card money can buy, so is it true that the problem lies with the WB engine itself or is there a way to fix it?

Hello Taleworlds!

The units I recruit from mercenary camp are not leveling, they do not receive any experience after the battle and they are stuck as "recruits". Please fix this!

A patrol attempted to siege a town. The equivalent of trying to storm the police station armed with only a butter knife.

A07fZ.jpg

I'm also getting a LOT of siege notifications. It seems that warbands in wfas are a little... optimistic about their chances of taking a castle.

I am noting consistently bad stuttering both in the strategic map, and in the tactical maps in both first person/third person, with any number of troops, and with high and low graphics settings. My system us good, and I run Warband very smoothly at high settings.

goosey54 said:
The units i've recruited from fiefs, (im in the moscow faction) they dont level up either? my companions and myself do.

is this a bug?

In general to archive hi-lvl units you need to build upgrades in your town/castle (stables+barracks+arsenal) and to appoint different officers.

Units hired in the village are not archiving exp. So you won't be able to get "winged gussar" out of former farmer.

Mercenaries hired in camps only improve there skills, but not armor/weapons, if you'd like to change their weapons you could paid for it in the mercenary camp of proper nation(faction).

NOTE: Income from selling trade goods from caravans could be lower then money paid! Since, for example, grain bought in Kiev costs 135 coins and small caravan selected (20 units of trade good?) + 1500 tallers for arranging a caravan - total =  4200 tallers cost. And the destination point is "Sich", where the grain costs only 140 tallers. So the total income would be -(minus) 1400. So there would be loses.
But if you (for example) paid for furs trade goods and sold them somewhere in the north the results could be much more better.

Maxim Suvorov said:
goosey54 said:
The units i've recruited from fiefs, (im in the moscow faction) they dont level up either? my companions and myself do.

is this a bug?

In general to archive hi-lvl units you need to build upgrades in your town/castle (stables+barracks+arsenal) and to appoint different officers.

Units hired in the village are not archiving exp. So you won't be able to get "winged gussar" out of former farmer.

Mercenaries hired in camps only improve there skills, but not armor/weapons, if you'd like to change their weapons you could paid for it in the mercenary camp of proper nation(faction).

NOTE: Income from selling trade goods from caravans could be lower then money paid! Since, for example, grain bought in Kiev costs 135 coins and small caravan selected (20 units of trade good?) + 1500 tallers for arranging a caravan - total =  4200 tallers cost. And the destination point is "Sich", where the grain costs only 140 tallers. So the total income would be -(minus) 1400. So there would be loses.
But if you (for example) paid for furs trade goods and sold them somewhere in the north the results could be much more better.

Thanks alot for the answer, i guess my compation with the trainer skill aint worth a **** then hehe

I got occasional crash to desktop when loading an area. All of them so far has been in town (picking a fight in the tavern or walking around in the streets)

Back
Top Bottom