F&S Bugs Thus far

Users who are viewing this thread

Archonsod said:
As I understand it, once you hit a certain point with a faction you can recruit faction troops from within towns by talking to the commander. These troops can be upgraded. The guys from elsewhere can't (beyond equipment).

Wow. Ok thank you so much, I wish there was a full manual for this.. cause that kind of stuff isn't explained anywhere :???:

I ordered a "special" pistol from an armor-merchant, and it was supposed to take 14 days to be delivered.  After waiting a full week, it said 12 days remaining.  After another week, it said 10 days, etc etc.  Not sure if I was misunderstanding how that was supposed to work or if it was a bug.

EDIT: Should be weapon merchant, not armor merchant, sorry!

Ceriy said:
cjkfire said:
Ceriy said:
Loosing money with caravans is designed that way, sometimes you make money sometimes you loose. Just like RL.

I would encourage you to re-read the post. Profit = Net income, meaning you have received more money than it costs, however, in this case I am not receiving profit despite the game saying so. In my example the result would have been a loss of 4300 not a profit of 900. In RL I would have had 5300 in my bank not 900.
Do you have a trade patent? If you don't you will loose money, sometimes more, sometimes less. It's because your not one of "them" that you get screwed. Get a patent and you will be making money.

Ok, then if this is what truly is the case, then the bug is not what is occurring (my losses) but how it is worded.

my new proposed "issue" would be that the trader inappropriately tells you that you received a profit when you actually received a loss as a result of the trade. The only way it would not be a bug is if the "profit" is only measured at the time of the sale and it disregards the cost of the caravan. In simple accounting, this would be ignoring the cost of goods sold and only reporting sales revenue as your gross income. My issue is that these traders are disregarding the cost of the caravan when calculating profit, breaching simple rules of finance. Because of this, a message would never appear stating that you received a loss as a result of the previous trade.

Case: When I delivered a caravan just now I get a message that reads: "All the caravan goods have been sold. After calculating all your expenses, you count a profit of 1120."
In basic accounting, this means that after the cost of the caravan, which was 4364, I profited 1120, meaning that I should have in my inventory 5480 (1120+4364). I actually only received 1120 after investing 4364. The trade SHOULD have noted: "All the caravan goods have been sold. After calculating all your expenses, you count a loss of 3244.

Note on the patent: since this is a low price good (butter in this case), the tax doesn't affect it and the quest to purchase a patent wouldn't yet appear. The patent is to relive taxes on expensive goods, or at least the mayor of Warsaw said that during trade dialog.

RPINerd said:
Archonsod said:
As I understand it, once you hit a certain point with a faction you can recruit faction troops from within towns by talking to the commander. These troops can be upgraded. The guys from elsewhere can't (beyond equipment).

Thank you, I too didn't know they can't be upgrade because next to their names it says (recruit), in MB a recruit can always be upgraded so I just assumed this would happen here and just have been waiting for it to occur!

the mayor stats 4500, but i cant seem to buy it for only 4500. Despite having more my character automatically says "thats to expensive!." Other posters on here state its actually 45000 so I will just have to assume 45000 is what it is!

cjkfire said:
the mayor stats 4500, but it cant buy it for 4500. Board members on here state its actually 45000 so I will just have to assume thats what it is!
Maybe it got changed. In 1.136 it was 45,000.

Maybe that's why it's a little harder to make money with caravans.

I was reading another post and saw this posted by you:
"The number you get on screen after bringing caravan to a city is what you spent on caravan+ profit from selling."

others stated they are not getting that. That is what my post is about, that number does not include what is spent on the caravan in our version.

cjkfire said:
I was reading another post and saw this posted by you:
"The number you get on screen after bringing caravan to a city is what you spent on caravan+ profit from selling."

others stated they are not getting that. That is what my post is about, that number does not include what is spent on the caravan in our version.
That's after you get the patent.

Before it there is some value that stands for you being an outsider, so everyone tries to screw you. It happened in every new game I tried, it get better and 4,500 is not a lot of money so it should be a lot easier. 45,000 took a long time to acquire.

Thank you, that "screw you" fee should be more clear and "profit" shouldn't be stated since its a loss until we get that patent!

on steam ver
lords of enemey state tend to use my castle as there own to rest and gather troops
also they do not pursue me to fight i have to go to them

Apparently, we cant talk to lady's and ask them for the location of someone, but we can talk to lords and ask for locations of ladys. This makes it difficult to locate someone when most are out on a war party and you are looking for one fringe individual who is on patrol.

My sky is screwed up...
B22B0A88E3C0AC429AD7F6BB5CF3B01B9B5C35FA

Don't know if bug is already recorded, but on quick read through I did not see anyone mention it.
It is possible to talk to a person(aka elder, or major or so) and shoot him at the same time.(when you are running around your gun aimed, then press F to talk to said person, it will shoot, it is possible to shoot him at that point) If he dies, then you firstly will be talking with a dead body, but the bug I'm recording is the fact that the game crashes the moment you leave the conversation with the dead guy.

I know, it seems an kinda hard bug to achieve, does not mean it should not be fixed, its a bug nonetheless.

Edit: Well I redit it and this time it did not crash, so I guess it is not a consistent crash.. but still something worthwhile mentioning I guess

Bug?: on my first expensive caravan trade, (prior to a trade permit, i got 2X standard money. 11000 when i hit the city and i completed the quest and the quest popped up immediately that i should buy a trade permit, and then 11000 profit message from the trade. It seems every time since then I only get one stream of revenue when arriving at a city instead of that first 2. If this is intential, well, I got 22k from a 7k caravan without a trade permit; lucky!

I am asked to follow a general (which i do), and every time I am asked to meet him for a quest I do so only to receive the message:

About the task you gave me.... I'm still working on it.

So after asking if he has a special assignment (which he doesn't) I decide to continue to follow him only to continue to get the same message over and over...

Auggustus said:
I am asked to follow a general (which i do), and every time I am asked to meet him for a quest I do so only to receive the message:

About the task you gave me.... I'm still working on it.

So after asking if he has a special assignment (which he doesn't) I decide to continue to follow him only to continue to get the same message over and over...

In warband, when I received a quest to follow a lord, its simply to follow until they have a mission to give me. They would not have a task and would say "I'm still working on it" for the current task. Simply keep following until you are given something to do :smile:. If you leave, the quest will end without penalty (at least in wb) but you wouldn't get the benefit of having possible new quests.

People who said the graphic requirements would be identical to M&B Warband are not correct, this one requires a bit more power. I got an identical issue when I first loaded up the game. Turn down your graphics settings. Your world will then right itself. I'm not sure it's really a bug, because it could just be the game hating your settings.

Back
Top Bottom