F&S Bugs Thus far

Users who are viewing this thread

cjkfire

Recruit
Siege Bug: I've experienced (as many others have) numerous siege bugs where when two ladders are present, troops get stuck on at least one of the ladders. For me, it has always been on the left ladder. Edit: Every 2 ladder siege in the Crimean Khanate resulted in this, but did not in the Cossack Hettamente.

1) (Errors):
Edit: There are numerous grammatical and logical errors within dialog and interactions.
For example, using a caravan for the first time grants a quest to get a trade permit. Asking the mayor of a town for the permit states a cost of 4,500 and it appears the cost is actually 45,000.

2) (Issue) Caravan profit calculation: (Edit: wasn't a bug, but grounds for a possible suggestion)
-when delivering a caravan the profit calculation does not take into affect the cost of the caravan so it would mistakenly tell you that you profited off of a transaction even if you didn't.

Yeah I've been getting frequent crashes but as of now I am still unable to replicate them, they seem to happen at random, it already happened when starting  a battle, when leaving a town and when I was just traveling.

Ceriy said:
Loosing money with caravans is designed that way, sometimes you make money sometimes you loose. Just like RL.

I would encourage you to re-read the post. Profit = Net income, meaning you have received more money than it costs, however, in this case I am not receiving profit despite the game saying so. In my example the result would have been a loss of 4300 not a profit of 900. In RL I would have had 5300 in my bank not 900.

I've noticed that when trying to sneak into some Swedish cities,  Particularly Riga and Reval, the game crashes when selecting "fight your way out". this has repeated many times.

onarum said:
Yeah I've been getting frequent crashes but as of now I am still unable to replicate them, they seem to happen at random, it already happened when starting  a battle, when leaving a town and when I was just traveling.

If you got it via Steam try verifying the game cache. It has a nasty habit of missing the odd file when their servers are busy.

Archonsod said:
onarum said:

If you got it via Steam try verifying the game cache. It has a nasty habit of missing the odd file when their servers are busy.

Stupid of me not to consider that,  yes I got it from steam.
I didnt consider verifying cache before because I probably didnt notice a pattern until now.

Archonsod said:
onarum said:

No I'm using the non steam version.

This looks like a bug... when I'm given a mission to retrieve some money from a hidden cache, I ask the nobleman about the password, but when I tell the village elder the correct password, he still refuses to talk about the cache.

I'm trying to do the quest for Zamoshye about getting the guy in Smolensk to lower taxes.  Upon speaking to the man, I first asked him about a special mission.  His special mission was for me to raid a village, but I refused and I got -15 relations with him and the convo ended.  I then spoke with him again this time about the taxes.  I chose to try and pursuade him.  At this point, the screen locked.  I'm guessing this is a bug and not supposed to happen.

cjkfire said:
Ceriy said:
Loosing money with caravans is designed that way, sometimes you make money sometimes you loose. Just like RL.

I would encourage you to re-read the post. Profit = Net income, meaning you have received more money than it costs, however, in this case I am not receiving profit despite the game saying so. In my example the result would have been a loss of 4300 not a profit of 900. In RL I would have had 5300 in my bank not 900.
Do you have a trade patent? If you don't you will loose money, sometimes more, sometimes less. It's because your not one of "them" that you get screwed. Get a patent and you will be making money.

None of my regular troops are gaining experience. The heroes and my character level fine but I've been in at least 50 battles and not a single recruit has gained any experience.

Running Win 7 64bit
F&S bought off Steam

King Harkinian said:
This looks like a bug... when I'm given a mission to retrieve some money from a hidden cache, I ask the nobleman about the password, but when I tell the village elder the correct password, he still refuses to talk about the cache.
That is not a bug, try asking a non cossack lord same question, ask all 5 factions. Password is not "With fire and sword"

RPINerd said:
None of my regular troops are gaining experience. The heroes and my character level fine but I've been in at least 50 battles and not a single recruit has gained any experience.
Not sure if that's a bug or whether only faction troops level.

RPINerd said:

Running Win 7 64bit
F&S bought off Steam
Take a screenshot of your party, with those recruits selected, and sopt screenshot here.

Archonsod said:
RPINerd said:
Not sure if that's a bug or whether only faction troops level.

No my issue is that faction troops are not leveling, they are not gaining experience at all.

I can't get the whole img embedding thing to work.. but the troops are "European mercenary rifleman (recruit)" thats copied exactly from the game
same issue with the infantry and cavalry as well

As I understand it, once you hit a certain point with a faction you can recruit faction troops from within towns by talking to the commander. These troops can be upgraded. The guys from elsewhere can't (beyond equipment).

Back
Top Bottom