F.A.Q. - Frequently Asked Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

woyo-sensei

Sergeant at Arms
Frequently Asked Questions topic.
Please read this post first before you ask.

How to use fire arrows?
To use fire arrows, press T key during battle. The Fire Arrows is working as a skill. After you pressed the T key, your soldier will shot enemy with fire arrows, but only for 30 seconds, after that time you have to wait 2 minutes before you can use this skill again. Fire Arrows doing double damage!

How to use formations?
Select one of your troops type (infantry, archers, cavalry) and select F4 - Formation Type

How to use Volley Fire order?
Press Y key during battle.

You can mix Volley Fire and Fire Arrows.

I don`t like new font. How can I delete it?
If you don`t like new font, go to the Shogun - Sengoku Jidai directory -->Textures--> delete font.dds and from Data folder delete font_data.xml

I don`t like new interface. How can I delete it?
If you don`t like new interface, go to the Shogun - Sengoku Jidai directory -->Textures and delete these textures:
cb_ui_comp.dds
cb_ui_main.dds
character_window.dds
dialogue_window.dds
escape_menu.dds
face_gen_window.dds
interface.dds
inventory_window.dds
loadscreen.dds
loadscreen2.dds
mp_ui_bg.dds
mp_ui_profile.dds
party_window.dds
quests_window.dds
ui.dds
ui_options.dds
ui_server_filter.dds
warrider_logo.dds

You said there is new intro. Where?
To see new intro, copy two files (paradox.bik, taleworlds_intro.bik) from Shogun- Sengoku Jidai --> Alternate intro into Warband main directory and replace old intro videos.
Before this step, make a BACKUP for old videos!

I have noticed that you put to this mod some fantasy weapons, like this big sword Zanbato or Buster Sword. I don`t like them, so please remove them.
Simple answer - no. You don`t like them, for you these weapons ruining the game, but... not for me. I like these weapons, I spent a lot of time to make them and I would like to leave them. You don`t have to look at them if you really don`t want to. I guarantee - nobody in the game can`t use these weapons. They are only for YOU so everything depending only on your own will if you want to use them or not.

I`m making new mod about Japan/Chinese/Asian and I don`t know how to make models. Can I use your models?
No. My answer always will be no. I spent too much time to make these models to just give them away anybody who just ask for them. My work is not OSP. If I can learn how to do it, you can learn as well. And don`t ask me about sharing, because I will not change my mind.

If you have more questions, just post them here and I`ll try answer to them.

I'm sure you're rather busy, but any chance we'll get to see troop tree listings and/or character creation choice outcomes (father's occupations give what items or stats, etc.)?

I'm just moving this segment to a more correct location...
Me said:
I do have a question before I finally shut up... it's about a couple of new skills. When importing my old Shogun characters, I noticed there were two new skills replacing the old custom skill placeholders: Gunpowder and Instant Kill. Actually, I noticed Instant Kill when I was first trying out the new version; how does that work? Does Instant Kill do a set amount of damage, such as an exact number like 100 or the person's max HP? And does the new skill work with all attacks, or just melee? I did not actually see Gunpowder listed in the character sheet. What is Gunpowder used for, if anything yet, and is there a way to put points into it legitimately? Thanks for your time and answers.

Comrade Temuzu said:
I read about a seppuku scene, how can I see it?

when you create a new character you will meet your father who will give you a quest, just follow that quest line and you will find the seppuku scene (be sure your using WSE)

i'm just not sure where else to put this... so here it goes. I got the mod n everything(along with WSE) but for some reason i can't get it to work, this could be because it's still in my downloads folder but when i moved it into my M&B it didn't work either. am i doing something wrong?

This probably isn't the best place for us to discuss this, but... Did you place the WSE files into the main Warband folder, or into the "\Modules\Shogun - Sengoku Jidai" folder? You need to have WSE placed into the main folder for Warband itself, not the mod(s) you wish to play it with. These are instructions to use WSE with this mod, but let us know if you are still having problems, okay? Uh, that is, let us know elsewhere; this isn't the thread for that.

Thx but no that wasn't quite the problem.... seems that it wouldn't work unless i went into the first folder that i downloaded and got the one without the _'s in it. But thx your post made me wonder if i had the right folder.

Since there is the .70 version now, do I just download and install that, or were there still a few files from the original download I need?

The original --- no Idea where to download
The .70 update--- it says to replace all the files in the old download's directory, so did I ever need the old download?

1. Do i need the old download?
2. Where is the old download if I do need it... ?
3. Did I just ask what Jayhoffer asked, but in a longer way?

Suminagashi said:
This probably isn't the best place for us to discuss this, but... Did you place the WSE files into the main Warband folder, or into the "\Modules\Shogun - Sengoku Jidai" folder? You need to have WSE placed into the main folder for Warband itself, not the mod(s) you wish to play it with. These are instructions to use WSE with this mod, but let us know if you are still having problems, okay? Uh, that is, let us know elsewhere; this isn't the thread for that.

Ok -- followed instructions, still no luck. I've tried placing the folder "Shogun - Sengoku Jidai" in both the main directory and in the Modules folder. The WSE files are all in the main folder/directory for Warband, not in a sub folder. When I launch using WSE I only see "Native" and "Brytenwalda" (Dark Ages), and not Shogun. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
Best,
-John-

Hello to all

Something crazy happens ...

It seems that there is no "troops.txt" file and no "triggers.txt" file in the download kit (mbrepository and filesonic)

It's the first time it happens to me and I play around 20 different mods in M&B warband (some of them with WSE and the others, without)

So as a curious guy, I've tried to put troops and triggers files from other mod in this one...(just to see what happens)
It stops telling me that these files are missing... but, of course,it doesn't work.

This kind of problem ever happens to one of you???

Thx in advance for your help

(I'm from France ... I beg your pardon for my poor English lol)

Ok ... everything works well now... I downloaded the mod again (on filesonic) and it works ... The missing files was there.

oh!! btw... AMAZING MOD ... one of the best ever play... It looks like I find my new sensei

Domo Arigato woyo-sensei

Why are all of the NPC encounters all saying "your father was a criminal and now you die" still? Tavern keeper, village peasants, everything?

EasyEight said:
Why are all of the NPC encounters all saying "your father was a criminal and now you die" still? Tavern keeper, village peasants, everything?

Yep, seems like this happens after you do the quest...

Suminagashi said:
I have prob with that. I did all right, but that mod still dont wanna work normally.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=186753.msg4838284#msg4838284

Back
Top Bottom