Need More Info Extremely hostile AI while running own Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
War is kinda the purpose of the game though. Unless you want to spend your time smithing, or trading, but doing that for 40 years sounds dull too. Or fight bandits, or arena fights... or do village quests..

If you don't like wars you don't have to start a kingdom either...

If you get a war you don't like you can pay them off and stop it... you have options.

I think you DONT GET IT(sorry for shouting). But legit either you are trolling, or havent played very long games for decades.

Not about not likeing war, its about not likeing the abscene of peace at all. That is the clue the endless wars or chains of wars.

And your point atm is kind of moot, cause all you basically due by your suggestion is - pay them, and 30 days or so unless they are at war with others will go for you again to extort more money.

I dont want abscense of war, but I want to be able to do something else in the kingdome than just the endless wars.
Like try to be able to track down and find new lords to recruit, clear out hideouts that is tanking loyality of a conqured settlement since low loyalty + culture penalty = rebellion and all that.
Do more random things than just constant war.

There just isnt any time to do enough of the sandbox unless you say "f'it" and all progress is lost in 7 days.. or less.

Again I have no real issues with it now that I started useing mods instead, cause obviously ppl like you want this bs, and so do TW, so thats fine, but since the diplomacy mod have about 32k unique downloaded already it seems that there is a fair amount of users who is ignored by TW.

Personally, I have never used mods. I play in EA to make the vanilla product the best it can be.

Now I learn they're pulling the lanyard this month! Heaven help the fellas who buy because it's the Release version! The game at present has new glitches in stuff that always worked before. Can they edit even that bad behavior in 3 weeks?? Past performance says, NO.

Well, once this is full-release, I stop playing for TW to make it better. It's not good at present, so I WILL be using mods!

I think you DONT GET IT(sorry for shouting). But legit either you are trolling, or havent played very long games for decades.

Not about not likeing war, its about not likeing the abscene of peace at all. That is the clue the endless wars or chains of wars.

And your point atm is kind of moot, cause all you basically due by your suggestion is - pay them, and 30 days or so unless they are at war with others will go for you again to extort more money.

I dont want abscense of war, but I want to be able to do something else in the kingdome than just the endless wars.
Like try to be able to track down and find new lords to recruit, clear out hideouts that is tanking loyality of a conqured settlement since low loyalty + culture penalty = rebellion and all that.
Do more random things than just constant war.

There just isnt any time to do enough of the sandbox unless you say "f'it" and all progress is lost in 7 days.. or less.

Again I have no real issues with it now that I started useing mods instead, cause obviously ppl like you want this bs, and so do TW, so thats fine, but since the diplomacy mod have about 32k unique downloaded already it seems that there is a fair amount of users who is ignored by TW.

My currernt campaign on this verson I'm about 30+ years into it... WIth every new beta version of the game I have started a new campaign. Maybe my "slow & steady" approach to things keep me out of massive wars? idk. I plan ahead in regard of what areas I want to take over from the start. Which include get the brothers married to suitable govenor prospects. Also recruit companions that can be trained towards it. Give a companion a party and set them loose on the world and their stewardship skills will go up...

In my current campaign; Norther Empire, Western Empire, Sturgia and Battania is all homeless. Their nobles (that I haven't recruited yet). buzz around on the map in tiny parties. or sit in dungeons across my empire. They like target practice for my other nobles most of the time. Can be annoying gnats if I got a war with Southern Empire that at this stage is massive... Vlandia haven't decleared war on me ONCE in the 10 years or so since I formed the kingdom. The "homeless" factions seems to be at war with everyone though, maybe because they are constant looking for a fief to take piggyback on other waring factions.

You have kingdom policies that help with both loyality and security. I'm not saying its perfect or couldn't need some tweaks, but it's not game breaking, and you have solutions to stop wars. Just not the solutions you necessary like.

If you pay someone off, and it give you 30 days of peace, then it come down to what you are doing in those 30 days to better your situation right? You can recruit many lords in matter of 30 days. The more lords you get the less of a issue it become. If you over extended to fast, took fiefs that share borders with several factions and you are much weaker than them, you will run into issues, sure.

Also there is no need to go lowbrow with; "people like you".... I'm just another player like anyone else. Just because I don't necessary share your views on how "bad" things are doesn't make me a troll, villain or whatever..

My currernt campaign on this verson I'm about 30+ years into it... WIth every new beta version of the game I have started a new campaign. Maybe my "slow & steady" approach to things keep me out of massive wars? idk. I plan ahead in regard of what areas I want to take over from the start. Which include get the brothers married to suitable govenor prospects. Also recruit companions that can be trained towards it. Give a companion a party and set them loose on the world and their stewardship skills will go up...

In my current campaign; Norther Empire, Western Empire, Sturgia and Battania is all homeless. Their nobles (that I haven't recruited yet). buzz around on the map in tiny parties. or sit in dungeons across my empire. They like target practice for my other nobles most of the time. Can be annoying gnats if I got a war with Southern Empire that at this stage is massive... Vlandia haven't decleared war on me ONCE in the 10 years or so since I formed the kingdom. The "homeless" factions seems to be at war with everyone though, maybe because they are constant looking for a fief to take piggyback on other waring factions.

You have kingdom policies that help with both loyality and security. I'm not saying its perfect or couldn't need some tweaks, but it's not game breaking, and you have solutions to stop wars. Just not the solutions you necessary like.

If you pay someone off, and it give you 30 days of peace, then it come down to what you are doing in those 30 days to better your situation right? You can recruit many lords in matter of 30 days. The more lords you get the less of a issue it become. If you over extended to fast, took fiefs that share borders with several factions and you are much weaker than them, you will run into issues, sure.

Also there is no need to go lowbrow with; "people like you".... I'm just another player like anyone else. Just because I don't necessary share your views on how "bad" things are doesn't make me a troll, villain or whatever..

True, but then its kind of "we dont see it the same way".
You do assume that we/I dont know what we're doing either.

We just find that it dont feel like a good design when there is nothing but constant war in the game, like nothing else.

There is also the issue with your concept that dont always work though, even if you are the king, unless you are the singleruler and only clan in it - you cant get peace if you want to on your own always - to overrule the popular decision you need to spend more influence(even if you got the policies that boost your decision etc).
Like when your lords constantly want to declare war on all factions all the time, or they dont want peace ever, you need to fork out influence.
While its not hard to get it at all - but when they constantly suggest war every other day, unless you are at war with many enough - you do get depleted fast enough.

I still dont get it that it really dont cater enough to those of us who dislike their gamedecisions and we arent getting feedback that it is supposed to be the decision, or this is how its meant to be.
Regardless I have the mods now that fixes the game to my likeing so I dont care much, it was more for the op - that there is solutions out there - so dont loose heart.

Hey, do you have a save file of the session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here: C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves. You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hey, do you have a save file of the session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here: C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves. You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
hey! yep, it's visible in the savefiles i sended @MArdA TaleWorlds alongside with the mercenary issue.

hey! yep, it's visible in the savefiles i sended @MArdA TaleWorlds alongside with the mercenary issue.
Hey, we did not receive any save file. Can you please create a ticket and attach the save file to it? To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hey, we did not receive any save file. Can you please create a ticket and attach the save file to it? To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
hmm, i got response that the savefiles got forwarded oO
nevermind, it's not inconvenient at all.
ticket is here https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Ticket/Item/654 . the savefiles can be used for both mercenaries that are not recruiting and hostile ai(1.8.1).
let me know if you need more files i got plenty of them adressing the issue.
have a great weekend my friend!

update: mercanary issue still existing in 1.9.0 + party leaders not leaving varcheg/just cycling between varcheg and a village

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Ticket/Item/657

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom