SP Native Extra NPCs Mod v1.601 for M&B v0.751 (updated 23rd June)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ack! Leftover rubbish from trying to locate the position of the skill fields in the savefile.

Please download the latest version to get rid of Supermarnid.

Just updated my game to 1.61 and used that char transfer util and ... it worked like a charm.  :grin:

It even saved everything I carried so there was no need to give it to npc's. Great work!  :grin:

My lvl 25 char thanks you for saving him.  :mrgreen:

Hurray, it finally works! You're one of 20 people who have downloaded the working version of the savegame transferrer. That's how many people actually play the mod enough to care about transferring their character, despite the (apparently) 3500 downloads at mbrepository. Oh well. I had fun making the mod even though nobody plays it.

I usually start with a new character. I enjoy the initial grind, because that is the most dynamic part of the game. But, I just haven't played M&B much lately. I have to find some time.

yay the melee part of castle assault is implemented :smile: havent got to it yet but, hopefully will soon. just one thing, when i assault a swadian castle, the mass of sappers that spawns after certain amount of time, is that all there is? they die too fast without cover from the vaegir archers, furthest i got with them was 11% left for the castle wall to break and they all just die. its too hard for one person to cover 3 sides of the wall by myself in order to let the sappers to break the gate.

as for the transfer utility, i havent try it yet, since im one of those people that likes to start over, just a habit i got from other mods and each consecutive update of those mods.

Hmm. The assault is still too hard then. I'll lower the respawn rate of the archers in the next version.

I've found a bug.
I downloaded the latest version and used the savegame utility. When I went to the Four Ways Inn to get my NPCs back, Kakuin only says "It's great to be adventuring with you," and nothing else.
He's the only one I've noticed this with, there may be others but I haven't checked them all.

Not a bug: he says that if he's already in your party. If you want to chitchat with him more, you can just tab out and talk to him via the party menu.

P.S. You probably asked him to rejoin you, and then forgot that you did.

fisheye said:
Not a bug: he says that if he's already in your party. If you want to chitchat with him more, you can just tab out and talk to him via the party menu.

P.S. You probably asked him to rejoin you, and then forgot that you did.
I don't think I had already talked to him, or I would have realized that I had when he said that. I went into the inn, and went around the room to the left (clockwise) and then came to him last since he's on the right side of the room.
Or maybe I'm losing my marbles? *scratches head*

Easy way to check: Press P. Is Kakuin in your party? If yes, then you've lost your marbles. If not, then M&B is broken.  :razz:

fisheye said:
Easy way to check: Press P. Is Kakuin in your party? If yes, then you've lost your marbles. If not, then M&B is broken.  :razz:
I tried it again with a different savegame, and I do think I am losing my marbles. Meh.
I am still surprised that I talked to him first, when I usually go clockwise so he's one of the last that I talk to. *shrug*

Or maybe the NPCs are joining my party by themselves... *Twilight Zone theme music plays*

FYI I'm going on a modding vacation for a few months, so this mod will be in feature freeze for a bit. I'll still be checking this thread, and if enough people report bugs or clamour about the castle missions being too easy/hard I'll release a quick rebalancing update.

I won't be resting... more like working my butt off. Gaming and modding is my rest. Thanks for the encouragement :smile:

Playing the most recent version, I am still getting the "get_item failed for: linen" error. It happened during the second part of the castle attack mission. The defend castle mission seems to be fine.

It's due to the savegame transfer thingabob which cleared a global variable. Just talk to one of your guys, then tell them to "don't use their ranged weapons" and it will be fine.

I'll make a workaround for this next version.

fisheye said:
It's due to the savegame transfer thingabob which cleared a global variable. Just talk to one of your guys, then tell them to "don't use their ranged weapons" and it will be fine.

I'll make a workaround for this next version.
OK, thanks.
I do have a question. Will the savegame transfer thingy work with other mods?

No, the file structure has to be hand-coded so it will crap all over a savegame from another mod. Don't try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom