SP Native Extra NPCs Mod v1.601 for M&B v0.751 (updated 23rd June)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agtai: your error looks like a savegame incompatibility error... did you use my savegame converter? The current download is actually probably bugged. It will be fixed in 1.6.

Silverkatana: thanks for the bug report. That's due to your NPCs actually trying to throw their "orders scroll" at the enemy... will be fixed shortly.

Ok, new version (v1.6) is out, probably buggy since I didn't have time to test everything. But the most important thing you need to know is

How to use the savegame transfer utility

• Make a backup of your Mount&Blade/Savegames/ExtraNPC folder. Just select the folder, then press CTRL-C, and then CTRL-V.
  • You should now have a directory Mount&Blade/Savegames/Copy of ExtraNPC. We don't actually need the backup, but it's there if things go terribly wrong.
  • Download and install the latest version of the mod. https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=177
  • Now download the savegame transfer utility https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=6&id=231
  • Unzip the contents of the file into Mount&Blade/Savegames/ExtraNPC
  • Run (double-click) on sgtransfer.bat
  • Answer 'm' or 'f' to the question (unfortunately all your savegames will be either male or female)
  • Press any key to continue... and start Mount and Blade
  • Load up the savegame at the same position as the old version.
  • You should be in Zendar with a character named "Transferred Savegame", who should look very familiar except for his name. Rename your character to your old character's name.
  • Go to the Four Ways Inn and pick up your old comrades. Their gear, money and levels, etc should all be intact.
  • Continue Adventuring.

The savegame transfer utility may totally mangle your old savegames. You have been warned.

i just tested it, and its a great utility fisheye!!! amazing.... the bad thing is that they didnt recovered their gear =P but their money and stats were the same as before, they did recovered that...

fisheye said:
Agtai: your error looks like a savegame incompatibility error... did you use my savegame converter? The current download is actually probably bugged. It will be fixed in 1.6.

Silverkatana: thanks for the bug report. That's due to your NPCs actually trying to throw their "orders scroll" at the enemy... will be fixed shortly.

Oh dear. I don't think it was that. I haven't used the savegame converter yet, I was waiting for a more stable version. :sad:

I haven't backed up my saves for at least 2 weeks either. :sad:

I have tried several times to restart it now. i just get the same message. I think I have just lost a very well equipped level 23 character.

What is the JIT by the way and how do I enable it?

CXZAR said:
i just tested it, and its a great utility fisheye!!! amazing.... the bad thing is that they didnt recovered their gear =P but their money and stats were the same as before, they did recovered that...

Oh BUGGER me, I released an old version that didn't support gear transfer.

All those who downloaded and used this old broken version: Now here is where your backups come in. Copy the backup savegame files (e.g. 001.sav, etc) back to Mount&Blade\Savegames\ExtraNPC. Download the new converter (v1.6a) and unzip into the directory, overwriting all files. Now run the converter again (sgtransfer.bat). You gear should be in this time.

Aqtai said:
I have tried several times to restart it now. i just get the same message. I think I have just lost a very well equipped level 23 character.

JIT won't help you, it's a "Just-in-time" debugger for developers with access to the engine source.

Agtai, your best hope now is to backup your savefile, and then run the savegame transfer utility on the savefile. That way you'll recover the NPCs, at least.

fisheye said:
Aqtai said:

JIT won't help you, it's a "Just-in-time" debugger for developers with access to the engine source.

Agtai, your best hope now is to backup your savefile, and then run the savegame transfer utility on the savefile. That way you'll recover the NPCs, at least.

Will the savegame transfer utility work with a corrupted/damaged savegame?

Likely, yes. If you send me the savefile I could even extract the main character for you manually.

fisheye said:
Likely, yes. If you send me the savefile I could even extract the main character for you manually.

Cheers! :grin:

How do I do that please? :smile:

p.s. I've already backed up the damaged savefile for what it's worth.

Haha, forget manually, manually is for wimps!

The new improved savegame converter v1.6b imports your NPCs, main character, AND your mother.

Ok, maybe not your mother. But eveything else that matters is ported over to a spanking new savefile.

Just follow the instructions on the previous page. Let me know if you have problems.

Just tested the transfer utility, it worked great, everything (except for gold, all of which disappeared) transferred perfectly.

Is there anything besides bug fixes in v1.6?  Or do I just have to play it to find out?

silverkatana said:
(except for gold, all of which disappeared)

Will I ever stop screwing up? Gah. New version 1.6c is uploaded, which DOES transfer the gold properly. Thanks silverkatana.

silverkatana said:
Is there anything besides bug fixes in v1.6?  Or do I just have to play it to find out?

Updated first page with info.

It hasn't quite worked for me.

On the plus side i got my character back and all the NPcs that have checked so far seem to have the same stats as before. Body armour and horses also survived as did some of the stuff in the inventory. What didn't quite make it through were helmets, gauntlets, boots/greaves shields and weapons. Gauntlets were replaced by boots/greaves (?!) helmets and weapons were all replaced by others with roughly similar armour ratings or damage. Great helms were replaced by spiked helmets or kherjit guard helmets, and iron greaves were replaced by kherjit greaves. Money didn't make it through either and my characters face was completely changed. All in all a small price though. I can play again and NPC and PC stats are preserved. :smile:

Other funny effects I've found:

Mind you i did have a corrupted/damaged savegame. that could be were the problem came from.

Agtai, if you try it again with v1.6c you'll get your money transferred. Just copy your backup files back into the directory, download and unzip the new savegame transferrer in there, and run.

The other problems (omigod Stavro with huge boobs!) are due to changes in the item file since v1.3. The tranferrer is designed to work with v1.5, so glitches will appear in v1.3 savegames. But hopefully it's not too bad, items can be replaced.

The good news is that your new savefile should be stable since I made a point not to copy over any data that I didn't know anything about.

The corrupted facecode is a clue: your old savefile was badly corrupted. The facecode appears right at the end of the savefile, so it looks like something probably truncated your file (maybe the game crashed in the middle of saving).

I ran my savegames through the updated converter - it worked flawlessly.  The only slightly irritating thing is that it didn't transfer my Vaegir rank (being demoted from a Sergeant-Knight hurts.)  Maybe I'll just go join the Swadians...  All in all, though, it's roughly seven and one half billion times better than starting from scratch.

I just ran through one quick assault and one quick defend mission.  The new keep attack/defend the keep parts are a great addition; it was especially fun to finally be able to fight guards/infantry/etc.  The sapper rush on assault made things much more enjoyable, as well.  Good work!

Just one tiny little thing; after you complete/fail a mission, you still have the option of telling the noble that you're "still working" or "have to abandon" it (mission abandonment is a nice touch, btw.)  I know, I know, I'm never happy. :smile:

silverkatana said:
(being demoted from a Sergeant-Knight hurts.)

I weep buckets for your 72 dinars a week.  :lol: Just kidding. Anyway most non-personal state (including global variables, faction relations, etc) are not transferred. Marnid still wants a padded cloth even though he's wearing black armor, the dumbass. Good thing there's a set of padded cloth in the chest to appease him. And Borcha's still stuck in jail. I wonder what he looks like behind bars with ornate armor.

silverkatana said:
Just one tiny little thing; after you complete/fail a mission, you still have the option of telling the noble that you're "still working" or "have to abandon" it (mission abandonment is a nice touch, btw.)  I know, I know, I'm never happy. :smile:

Ah, "still working on it" is a holdover from Native. I think. It does you no good to click on them, by the way. A failed mission terminates with no penalty but abandoning a mission costs you one faction point. Just click carefully  :lol: I'll fix it for the next version if I get around to it.

Thanks for the reply. At least I was able to salvage the character. I may start over anyway, but with my old character (using the export/import function). Hopefully that way I'll get rid of any weird bugs caused by carrying on with a corrupted and incompatible savegame.

Pretty sure your savegame is stable now. The weird items are just items, sell them, keep them, it doesn't matter.

But, to be safe, you could start over like you said.

Hi Fisheye, I've just found another odd thing. I started a new game and the first person I recruited was Marnid. But when I checked his stats, this is what I found:

Is this a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom