Extent of Battles

Users who are viewing this thread

Almakor

Recruit
Before buying Bannerlord I'm trying to learn more about the battles I see on YouTube. Are the battles where you command multiple units pvp, pve, or both depending on the setting?

can you link the video?

in summary, currently Bannerlord has:
In captain mode (multiplayer) you choose a class and control a group of AI soldiers and battle other players, you will only have acess to one type of unit
in campaign (singleplayer) you build an army and battle against AI lords you control multiple types of units (archers, infantry, cavalry)
in custom battle (singleplayer) you also control multiple types of units, but this time you dont have to go through the whole process of building an army

hope I helped

can you link the video?

in summary, currently Bannerlord has:
In captain mode (multiplayer) you choose a class and control a group of AI soldiers and battle other players, you will only have acess to one type of unit
in campaign (singleplayer) you build an army and battle against AI lords you control multiple types of units (archers, infantry, cavalry)
in custom battle (singleplayer) you also control multiple types of units, but this time you dont have to go through the whole process of building an army

hope I helped

I'm still trying to get a grasp on the game before i buy it. I research games extensively. I was kinda hoping you would be able fight battle like these against real people to build your own empire. I've played Total War a lot and I've become tired of fighting AI's all the the time.

I was kinda hoping you would be able fight battle like these against real people to build your own empire. I've played Total War a lot and I've become tired of fighting AI's all the the time.
That´s not possible in MP. MP matches are more like Battlefield MP matches, like if the battle is over that´s it. No campaign or anything.

I´m not sure, but I don´t think there is a mode in MP where you fight 500 vs 500 with one player commander on each side, correct me if I´m wrong.

Currently the closest thing to what you're looking for is the Captain mode, which is 5v5 (or 6v6, can't remember) and you control a small group of 10 or so soldiers each. It's plagued by balance issues at the moment but it has a community that absolutely love it, and it should be improved with time.
Arguably one of the most popular modes from the previous title is the 'Battle' mode which can be up to 125v125 real players, however it is not currently in the game and noone is really sure what they plan on doing with that.

There are, however, mod teams looking into these sort of things and a campaign co-op mod is in the works already, which should scratch the itch for what you're looking for if it all goes well. All in all, I'd say don't get too excited for MP at the moment, it's in a very bad state but if everything works out then it should be great.

Back
Top Bottom