extend the size

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Affe

Regular
Hi all,

2 Questions:

1. Is there a possibility to extend the size of the field like in battles or the town scene or village. ( Sorry my english ).
I meen if the Message comes 'Leave area' you reached the end of the field. I would like to extend this size.

2. I' am new and I read about modelling with wings 3d. Is there any section in the forum where i could find models, so I could learn how to create them.
Has anyone also tried to create new villages, towns ?

Lord Affe

you can extend the battle size in the python editor system by changing the values in the modules_scense.py

("random_scene_steppe",sf_generate|sf_randomize|sf_auto_entry_points,"none", "none", (0,0),(240,240),-0.5,"0x0000000229602800000691a400003efe00004b34000059be",
    [],[], "outer_terrain_steppe"),

which is the maximum range of movement before the 'leave battle' option kicks in.

in the mod text file, scenes.txt the number to change is found here:

scn_random_scene_steppe random_scene_steppe 1792 none none 0.000000 0.000000 240.000000 240.000000 -0.500000 0x0000000229602800000691a400003efe00004b34000059be

i think i remember finding out that the terrain generator in game designates the size of the battle field, and gives you a x/y limit. i think i got up to 999/999 before i had problems - dunno if it was game engine, graphics card, or my cpu that limited it.

luck. maw

Hi MAW

I tried that, but i guess i did not succeded. Do i have to change both files or can i only change the scenes.txt like that:

outer_terrain_plain
scn_quick_battle_1 quick_battle_1 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 700.000000 700.000000 -100.000000 0x30401ee300059966000001bf0000299a0000638f
outer_terrain_plain
scn_quick_battle_2 quick_battle_2 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 700.000000 700.000000 -100.000000 0xa0425ccf0004a92a000063d600005a8a00003d9a

I changed all quickbattle scenes for testing, but i feel that the terrain remains the old size, when i start a quick battle ?

thanks a lot
Affe

the number changes the movement limiter, which i thought was your question. the actual battlefield size is dictated when you ceate it.

when the game is active, theres a little button on the map screen, down in the corner, "Terrain" i think.

open it up, change the size there, save the code for it at the top, and copy the code to the code section in quick battle.

that will change the actual battlefield size. maw

maw,

Thanks very mcuh also for your parience.
sorry I dont get you with the 'terrain text' in the corner. I checked out every screen, especially the map screen. Do you have any screenshot ?

thanks
Affe

Yes,

I was having a similar problem.  I tried using the recommendation from Maw on the salt_mine scene.  I changed the information in Module_scenes from (200,200) to (300,300) but the size did not seem to expand the boundaries for the player.  I am attempting to enlarge the scene to allow for more surface area for buildings and scene props.  Any recommendations?  thanks.

terrain1.jpg

this is on the world map. click this, then...

terrain2.jpg

....this appears. after messing around with the terrain, particularly the size of the battle map, press copy and it goes into the memory, to be copied in to module_scenes.py.

now that i think about it, you may have to activate the editor through the front end of m&b...

when you first start, before you press PLAY MOUNT&BLADE, on that screen is a button called CONFIGURE. click that, go to ADVANCED, then check the box ENABLE EDIT MODE, and save. that may be whats missing.

thats about it... maw

Hi sorry for my english ...

i need a solution to increase battlefield size ... because i like strategy and tactic and with the actual size , enemy chivalry reaches my soldiers too soon ... before you can do a good formation and wait some times that the battle starts... batllefield size is too small

i tried what you had posted but it doesn't work ... maybe i made something wrong.

i use Europe 1200 mod but also with the native ... same situation. In edit mode, i push TERRAIN and increase x,y ... press copy and exit ...but if i press another time "Terrain" without moving ,i see that x and y are again lower ... however , i didn't understand if changing terrain in that point could change the battlefield size in every points of the map or only in that point !!!

i need that when i start mount and blade, every battlefields or town areas  are big in the entire map. i tried to change also the valours 240 in the scenes.txt in 960 ... no size became big and also not leave area zone bigger...

Can you give me a clear and complete procedure please ??

Many Thanks !!!

...but propably you're not making it.
module_scenes.py is part of the module system (MS).
That's the code source for the game. Modders use it and
if you'd like to work on that stuff, you should also.
(You won't get very far without the MS!)

In europe 1200 mode there isn't the module_scenes.py file ... but i see that is present in Expand Gameplay III or Age of Machinery ... i repeat , there isn't in native files or in europe 1200

here seems that everybody know how to do for extending battlefield size ... if it's right and there is this possibility , could you teach me clearly all the steps to do that, considering that i know how to open a file  with notepad and how to do "terrain & copy" ?... please

maw said:
the number changes the movement limiter, which i thought was your question. the actual battlefield size is dictated when you ceate it.

when the game is active, theres a little button on the map screen, down in the corner, "Terrain" i think.

open it up, change the size there, save the code for it at the top, and copy the code to the code section in quick battle.

that will change the actual battlefield size. maw

For vanilla module, without having to download python or other tools, just editing some numbers in txt files...

could someone do a step by step guide for totally usesless noob people like me?

as i told you yesterday, i saw that "module_scenes.py" is not present in Europe 1200 old version but i saw that is present in last version of europe 1200 mod (2.32) . However Every two version have also the file scenes.txt .

i was able to enlarge map only with the old version europe 1200 editing "scenes.txt" ... but no result doing same thing on last version on scenes.txt and module_scenes.py.

Infact ... yesterday,editing scenes.txt,  i was able to enlarge the battlefield size but when the battle has started, enemy faction was not placed on the other side of the map but nearly my troops. i need to study more.

how to do that ? ... in edit mode, when you press"terrain" button  ,you can see a string in the upper side of the screen ...something  like 0x00003etc.etc.  ... when you move x or y cursors , you can see that some valours change in this string ... well , i moved the cursors as i want , took the string and replaced it in the first lines inside file "scenes.txt.

I'm trying to understand by myself. If i will find a solution clear , i will post here where everybody knows how to do ... but seems that nobody knows very well how to do :smile:)

Back
Top Bottom