SP Fantasy Expression of interest - Middle Earth The Fourth Age

Users who are viewing this thread

Kvedulf

Sergeant Knight
Hi guys
I was active quite a while ago and worked on a mod of my own. I've been recently contemplating returning to modding and was wanting community feedback on a mod idea before I begin.

The working title is The Fourth Age and is a mod set in Middle Earth 450 years after the events of Lord of the Rings. Gondor's king is bedridden after being poisoned and the Reunited Kingdom has splintered. The Dwarves whisper that the young king of the Lonely Mountain has taken to wandering alone and muttering the name "Durin" in his sleep. Rohan dominates Rhovanion politics and in the north, Dale looks eastward. The kingdoms of Harad and the East continue their wars with each other and the west. Orcs multiply in the hidden places and raid their eternal enemies. In the far west, Cirdan has, for reasons of his own, closed the harbours of Lindon, forbidding any elf from sailing to the undying lands. Meanwhile, freed from Sauron's reach elves from the far east have been migrating westward, resulting in the first increase in the population of the elves since the second age. And finally there are rumours of a cult dedicated to the resurrection and return of an evil long believed defeated.

The mod would be lore friendly but free from set timelines to allow for mount and blade's open world gameplay. Aesthetically the mod would be book based, not movie based, similar to TLD.

So what do you guys think? Would you play a mod like this? Do you think its worth doing? Anything reasons against the concept?

Cheers
Kvedulf

Cheers. Regarding the eastern elves, there were 6 tribes of avari elves whose movements and whwreabouts are largely unknown. Many travelled westward but I believe many lived far to the east beyond the lands of rhun. With sauron gone they were now more free to migrate westward. In addition the kingdom of dorwinion is most likely an elven (and avari at that) kingdom.

Back
Top Bottom