exporting pre patch character from old save game

Users who are viewing this thread

Ichon

Sergeant at Arms
Just wondered if it is feasible to load an old save from 2.04 into 2.5 patch just to export the character. Not to play with it since I know its not save game compatible but just to export character, is there anything in the export which would not work with the new patch correctly?

Also- "Troops purchased from ransom brokers no longer "disappear" if player's main party is full" How can you purchase troops from ransom broker or what does this refer to? Never seen such an option but I am not sure I checked every single ransom broker...

If you ask the broker if he knew any news he´ll tell you a story and if you´re chancy enough, he´ll offer you a rare occasion, beeing some kind of troops. However, beware of exceeding your maximum party amount for long, you´ll get desertion rather sooner than later. Which was in my cause some quite top tier troops for 6 refugees. Bad tradeoff.

Just start 2.04, load, export, quit, start 2.5, start, import.

Ah.... rarely ask the broker for news because while some of the stories are funny they start repeating after awhile. Never seen anything useful out of it. Nice to know there are little details like that hidden in there.

I mean I put Win 7 on and took off 2.04 module but I did save only the save games. Is there a problem with putting only save games unto 2.5 savegame folder and loading up just to export the character then starting with that 2.04 character in 2.5? Or should I download 2.04 again and install just to load save game and export?

The rumors give hints sometimes, there used to be an Easter egg involved till it got over exploited and vanished, but mainly its there to give essence to the world. Just skim the conversation, if you heard it ignore it if not read on but I mainly just do it every chance I get in order to get some odd ball troops from time to time, I mean the prices he asks are cheap enough to make it worth it, and even though he might ask for 72 denars each he normally just takes 72 straight and leaves it at that, at least from what I've seen. Its worth the occasional 10 denars in my mind at least. (Hell just enter the arena and fart, 20 denars just right there!)

Seems fine so far... well if I was starting only 1 character I would start from scratch but I have 3 different ones going right now and will probably add a 4th from scratch but at least 2 I wanted to keep and explore some things with.

Back
Top Bottom