Exporting a character on Windows Vista.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord_killzor

Hello. It's me again with Exporting on vista. If possible , can this topic be sticky? I see so many people asking that they can't Export a character.. It's because Vista.
So , here's the way how to Export a character on Windows Vista.

1) Go to game , make a new account / load characther what you want to export.

2) If you are on the map , press ''Character'.

3) You will see a button ''Statistics''.

4) Click on it. Then click on Export Character.

5) Then go out of game.

6) Open the Mount & Blade directory.

7) You will see a option named ''Compability Files'' at up.

:cool: Click on it and VOILA! There you see a CharExport.

9) Now edit your character . NOTE: Don't make agility like 500 or so.. It will ruin your character ( Your character will run from 1 map corner to other map corner with 2 seconds or so ). Just make it 30 or 20 or 25 or so. It's the normal.

10) After you edited your Exported Character , click ''Save''.

11) Then go back to Mount & Blade. Load the character wich you edited the stats.

12) And go to Character --> Statistics --> Import Character.

VOILA! There it is! Character exported and imported!

I hope it is helpful.

If possible , sticky =).

¬Lord Killzor

I exported my character, but there is nothing to edit in the game directory.

There is no map named Compabilty files :eek:

EDIT; now i found it =) it's up in the menubar

I installed M&B when i got this pc + 3 of the major mods. OS was Vista 64 hp.
Everything worked fine including using char. export/import with all  3 mods.

Yesterday i updated to Windows 7 64 hp. This was a update as recommended by MS, not a clean install.
All the games i've tried so far work fine. M & B plays ok and all my saved games from the 3 mods are there. I checked the CharExport file in the main M&B directory and chars i had exported when on Vista 64 were still there. At that point i deleted them.

I just started a new game today and exported the char.. When i checked the CharExport file it is empty. I tried to export the char again and it said the char had been exported and did i want to over write it. I clicked yes and checked the file again. NO new char. in the export file.

Edit:
I just tried starting the game as Run admin.. Tried exporting the char. again and this time it worked. The new char was in the CharExport file.

I made a couple of changes and hit the X to exist and got the option to save the file. Hit save file and instead of it saving i get a new menu, notebook,
showing the files in M&B including the one im trying to saving ( it is highlighted). Hit OK and and i get a notice that access to notebook is denied ?????????????????????? Anyone have any idea how to get this to save ?

I also tried to do a simple file change in menu's to get cattle to follow instead of having to herd them. This is a common file mod and ive used it on a pc with Windows Vista 32 and 64 with no problems. I get the same notice that access is denied to note book.

EDIT 2 :
The solution to all this is to turn User Account Control off. this allows you to start the game with out using run as adm. , also you can load chars. to CharExport file, modify them and save the with no hassle.

One problem for many people could be Vista and Windows 7 restrictions in the 'Program Files' folder.
I strongly reccomend installing games and sutch outside of it like 'C:/My Games/...' since this would avoid the settings that are usually preventing editing and changes to files/folders created in and under this main directory.

Restrictions can be removed but also this feature keeps alot safe, and i rather go with a new folder under the root then mess with permissions in the Program Files folder.

I didn't want to create a new topic, so I decided to ask my question at this topic. It is about Modding in Vista. I've set Python, Modulesystem and modded. The mod had no problem, the game was seeing all i have done. I copied my mod on a different computer(XP), it didn't work. The mod seems to no difference between Native at that computer. Then i searched about it, i guess the python doesn't work well on Vista. Than i worked the my module on that computer(XP), it worked i guess. Here is my question "How do i made run the modulesystem work on Vista without problem?"
Thanks for the answer.

I made a couple of changes and hit the X to exist and got the option to save the file. Hit save file and instead of it saving i get a new menu, notebook,
showing the files in M&B including the one im trying to saving ( it is highlighted). Hit OK and and i get a notice that access to notebook is denied ?????????????????????? Anyone have any idea how to get this to save ?

Ironhat2 said:
I installed M&B when i got this pc + 3 of the major mods. OS was Vista 64 hp.
Everything worked fine including using char. export/import with all  3 mods.

Yesterday i updated to Windows 7 64 hp. This was a update as recommended by MS, not a clean install.
All the games i've tried so far work fine. M & B plays ok and all my saved games from the 3 mods are there. I checked the CharExport file in the main M&B directory and chars i had exported when on Vista 64 were still there. At that point i deleted them.

I just started a new game today and exported the char.. When i checked the CharExport file it is empty. I tried to export the char again and it said the char had been exported and did i want to over write it. I clicked yes and checked the file again. NO new char. in the export file.

Edit:
I just tried starting the game as Run admin.. Tried exporting the char. again and this time it worked. The new char was in the CharExport file.

I also tried to do a simple file change in menu's to get cattle to follow instead of having to herd them. This is a common file mod and ive used it on a pc with Windows Vista 32 and 64 with no problems. I get the same notice that access is denied to note book.

EDIT 2 :
The solution to all this is to turn User Account Control off. this allows you to start the game with out using run as adm. , also you can load chars. to CharExport file, modify them and save the with no hassle.

Ive always had UAC off on w7 but i still cant get it to work with WB. They export but to where i know not. Running it in XP compatibility also doesn't work.

Trashmaster said:
I exported my character, but there is nothing to edit in the game directory.

There is no map named Compabilty files :eek:

EDIT; now i found it =) it's up in the menubar
thats cus u need to change properties. mountandblade>charexport> right click on your character after you exported it> properties>security tab> edit(only one button with edit on that page)> allow full control(once u do it, there are several check mark boxes, and either select full control, allow of course, and just click all of them)> save and close those properties> open up our character> edit> save and exit> and voila then import character and there it is

arkadaşlar ben bu oyunu eskiden oynadım fakat şimdi oynayamıyorum 7.gün kapandı 4 kutulu bi hane istiyor lisans satın alın diyor ne yapcam

Back
Top Bottom