Exporter For Blender 2.49b is released!

Users who are viewing this thread

FieldMedic said:
Considering not everyone is rich enough to afford to spend 3000$ to get 3DS max, and that Blender not only is free and a continously updated open source software but is as powerfull and feature packed as 3DS max, having an official and working Blender exporter is a really great new as it should allow much more people to get into Talesworld games modding.

I wish more developers would support Blender by delivering such plugs in and export scripts.
Thank you Talesworld for supporting the Blender community with that exporter script.
Yes, Blender is really good, but it's kinda hard for newbies (like me... :grin:) to learn it...

P.S.:
[whisper]And one more thing: it's TaleWorlds, not Talesworld![/whisper]

FieldMedic said:
Considering not everyone is rich enough to afford to spend 3000$ to get 3DS max, and that Blender not only is free and a continously updated open source...
I thought Blender could import smd-s just fine since ages ago, no? And Highelf was mainly talking about smd format, not exactly the necessity of 3DS Max

Scuse me for asking gentlemen,but what does this do,as new,that we couldn't already do with blender?

~Ãbyss

FieldMedic said:
Highelf said:
Looks like this is just an exporter for blender - it doesn't allow new functionality for modders as far as skeletons, since skeletons and animations have been able to be exported and imported into 3ds max for ages.

Oh and we've been able to do goblin skeletons and whatnot for quite a while too. (albeit with a few hacks)
Considering not everyone is rich enough to afford to spend 3000$ to get 3DS max, and that Blender not only is free and a continously updated open source software but is as powerfull and feature packed as 3DS max, having an official and working Blender exporter is a really great new as it should allow much more people to get into Talesworld games modding.

I wish more developers would support Blender by delivering such plugs in and export scripts.
Thank you Talesworld for supporting the Blender community with that exporter script.

I wasn't argueing against Blender, nor did I need an advertising speech about it. :wink: I merely corrected the assumptions in the thread stating this opens up new modabilities. And in case you were wondering, I have a student license of max, and it only cost me 50 bucks as opposed to the commonly used "3000$" pricetag. :smile:

Highelf said:
Looks like this is just an exporter for blender - it doesn't allow new functionality for modders as far as skeletons, since skeletons and animations have been able to be exported and imported into 3ds max for ages.

Oh and we've been able to do goblin skeletons and whatnot for quite a while too. (albeit with a few hacks)

These are false allegations Highelf. I do not have MAX, but I have already made custom skeletons, animations, mounts and exported them to the game from Blender just with the available scripts and BRFEditors. True, that the methods are tricky, but I made these without any python programming knowledge. I do not see any new functions on the list, but I am very happy to hear that it will be available in one package.  :grin:

How are they false allegations at all? People were assuming you could do new mod-related stuff with this and I stated you could already do the stuff mentioned in max. Now you're saying you could already do it with blender even, you aren't accusing me of false allegation, you are reinforcing my point. :wink:

False is that modders needed max / 50 bucks / student licence to make animations or custom skeletons for Mount&Blade. Blender is enough to do that with scripts and BRFeditors.

Highelf said:
Hell yes it does. It allows us to actually, you know, rig models in blender and use them in M&B. You couldn't do that before, since the ancient smd exporter went haywire.

And I don't have 3ds max, I don't want to have 3ds max, and I never intend to get it, so this is fantastic.  :grin:

Rock on, Blenderheads.

This is good news for me as well, as i only know how to use blender :smile:, never knew there was a $50 version of 3dsmax but i still do not intend to ever switch.

jax803 said:
Where do i put the folder? :shock:

Folder's place is not important.
Script file's location is important. You have two choices:
[list type=decimal]
[*]You can copy script to each blender project's folder.
[*]You can copy script to blender script library.
[/list]

Blender script library can be found at:
...\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts

Standard locations:
# Windows XP: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts
# Windows XP (alt): C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts
# Windows Vista: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts

.trf? What am I supposed to do with that. OpenBrf doesn't support it, yet. I will stick with my own blender exporter for ElvenPath's animations.

Ibanez said:
.trf? What am I supposed to do with that. OpenBrf doesn't support it, yet. I will stick with my own blender exporter for ElvenPath's animations.

TRF files can be used like BRF files. And when game in loading screen, all TRF files will be translated to BRF files. So you can use TRF files to produce BRF files. BRF files are in binary format, so you cannot understand them. But you can read and understand TRF files. Good luck.

DarkCore said:
Ibanez said:

TRF files can be used like BRF files. And when game in loading screen, all TRF files will be translated to BRF files. So you can use TRF files to produce BRF files. BRF files are in binary format, so you cannot understand them. But you can read and understand TRF files. Good luck.

Wow I didn't know all this. Let me try :grin: Thank you.

EDIT: You were right. I menage to get it working but the exporter only exports built frames. Not motion tweening. I will keep sticking with my own exporter:grin: thanks anyway^^

Llew2, dunno why I have to keep repeating this, but I was merely correcting the people that were going "we can finally change skeletons!" and whatnot saying this mod functionality has been there for quite a while. The exporter simply allows it to also happen in blender, but it's not a new modding thing as some people thought. :razz:

Highelf said:
Llew2, dunno why I have to keep repeating this, but I was merely correcting the people that were going "we can finally change skeletons!" and whatnot saying this mod functionality has been there for quite a while. The exporter simply allows it to also happen in blender, but it's not a new modding thing as some people thought. :razz:
Mygosh, so you were.  :razz:

Still, it's very nice.  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom