Exploiting Siege Engines as a defender

Users who are viewing this thread

you can use cheats or play on easy difficulty... the less exploits the better. When game is exploitable people with no self-control will do it and it ruins the game experience. I see no good reason to leave exploits in a game
Well to be fair, the game is a single player experience so it is kind of up to the individual player to determine what kind of experience they want so I don't exactly see how it ruins anyone's experience if there is an exploit. I mean even if an exploit exists, you don't have to use it unless you want to.

Then again I am a bit of a cynic and realize you do have a point that many people will take the easy way out even if it makes their experience with the game worse and then turn around and complain how broken the game is because they decided to use an exploit they just could have chosen not to use.

Exploits being low priority makes sense since players can just choose not to use the exploit. I'd much rather they worked on new content instead of fixing exploits, which can come last. I'm with TW on this one.

We're aware of the retreating exploit and will be looking into it but it's not a current priority.
Please keep this for field battles as unless terrain gets much, much better matched to the description it's the only way of fighting a battle on the map you were expecting.
I would love to have the warband style version where you could retreat as much as you wanted when out of range of the enemy, the closer to them you go the more of a hit in terms of health and casualties. It also meant that if you could escape a slower enemy you could quite realistically retreat without taking much of a hit, this always felt a fairly balance system previously. It made escaping cavalry (more so even than HA who kept their distance) tricky as it should be even if you were mounted. On the other hand as cavalry versus infantry (not archers) you could easily retreat and regroup as they couldn't catch you. Retreating as a defender in sieges doesn't seem right though I agree.

Retreat on siege defense really doesn't make sense.
I like doing defense missions but no one wants to sit around in a castle waiting for an attack. Maybe some kind of early warning "enemy army is heading for your castle." More intelligence for enemy movements would be nice.

Thing is retreating can add some strategic depth to the game. Of course it doesn't make sense in sieges, unless they implemented inner walls and forts in cities.

It would be nice if they tuned the retreating mechanic as a whole instead of just removing it eventually.

siege AI is so bad right now that you don't even need any exploit, if you are the defender just open the gates and tell everyone to charge, they'll kill whatever enemy is advancing against the walls in no time.

I've won some sieges defenses when outnumbered 3 to 1 just doing that with barely any loses on my side lol

Maybe some kind of early warning "enemy army is heading for your castle." More intelligence for enemy movements would be nice
in warband, the player got messages on the lower left screen when an enemy party was spotted by a fief of your faction. its size (small, medium, large etc) was reported too

siege AI is so bad right now that you don't even need any exploit, if you are the defender just open the gates and tell everyone to charge, they'll kill whatever enemy is advancing against the walls in no time.

I've won some sieges defenses when outnumbered 3 to 1 just doing that with barely any loses on my side lol
Ironically I could absolutely see this happening. It would be a defeat in detail. Basically your entire army gets to gobble up the attacking army in little chunks because of how spread out the attacker is.

Not really a huge issue considering how rare siege defenses are.
I have over 400 hours and only 1 siege defense. I know there are plenty of players that has never experienced a single one.

Game is bork.

Its crazy, I have maybe 200 hours singleplayer and 10 defenses. Do you guys have thousands of guys in every castle? You're not the first with this problem.

The average amount I would say, but whenever my party joins the castle to help defend, that apparently is enough to tip the scales.

How can you guys even afford that? I hope you dont feel like the income from merchants and workshops is to low because the game is not designed to have several thousands of troops chilling in castles.

How can you guys even afford that? I hope you dont feel like the income from merchants and workshops is to low because the game is not designed to have several thousands of troops chilling in castles.
the average amount is like 300 something troops though, not thousands, and they arent all top tier. But having high leadership and other skills lowers your salary to the point that my salary for main party of over 400 elite troops is actually EDIT only around -1000:grin:

and also, i have 4 cities and 5 workshops so that generates a lot of money.

Last edited:
the average amount is like 300 something troops though, not thousands, and they arent all top tier. But having high leadership and other skills lowers your salary to the point that my salary for main party of over 400 elite troops is actually in the negative :grin:

and also, i have 4 cities and 5 workshops so that generates a lot of money.
Oh I thought you meant that you had about 1000 troops in every castle. Really you can get it to negative? How broken is the singleplayer mode really?

Oh I thought you meant that you had about 1000 troops in every castle. Really you can get it to negative? How broken is the singleplayer mode really?
Pretty broken in some places.

Is Bannerlord Native better than Warband Native? Yes (but let's be honest, this is a pretty low bar)
Is Bannerlord Native better than Warband Modded? No

EDIT
Edited by previous comment. I didn't mean that I was making money, only that I was barely paying any salary.

7171FC237BF07F670EBFA2F8779CB1136D5D6A8A

Last edited:
Pretty broken in some places.

Is Bannerlord Native better than Warband Native? Yes (but let's be honest, this is a pretty low bar)
Is Bannerlord Native better than Warband Modded? No

EDIT
Edited by previous comment. I didn't mean that I was making money, only that I was barely paying any salary.

7171FC237BF07F670EBFA2F8779CB1136D5D6A8A

Hehe yeah Warband native is not a good benchmark to be honest.

Seems like you got a pretty good campaign run going there. How long have you been playing on that character?

Hehe yeah Warband native is not a good benchmark to be honest.

Seems like you got a pretty good campaign run going there. How long have you been playing on that character?
No clue really, but also I imported this character has been in 3 campaigns because there is no way I am grinding my character with this stupid and broken levelling system every new campaign.

No clue really, but also I imported this character has been in 3 campaigns because there is no way I am grinding my character with this stupid and broken levelling system every new campaign.

Haha I can understand that. I dont play singleplayer since half a year back. Only captain mode. Gonna wait and hope for the sandbox to be more fleshed out.

Back
Top Bottom