[Explicit] The Dangers of Erotic Role Play

Users who are viewing this thread

Vedymin

Recruit
Almost all my posts on this forum so far have been ****posts, so I want to point out that this post is completely serious. I was once a young person playing Persistent World, and there is something that is bothering me about what sometimes goes on inside Mount and Blade Warband roleplay communities. I recently talked to a 17 year old who was planning on hosting his own Persistent World RP server (Bannerlord is out, but he still wanted to do it), and he told me how he was not going to have any rules to prevent erotic role play (ERP). In his honest opinion, he saw nothing wrong with it, because he thought preventing it would limit the "RP creativity" of his server. I have known lots of people to say this in the past in this community, and I am sure other people here are aware of this idea. In this thread I am attempting to debunk this theory. This idea of playing sex to create more interesting role-play is a complete farce. Me claiming this stuff happens probably sounds like a joke to some, but this actually has happened a lot over the history of this mod.

There are two categories of people who participate in ERP in Warband roleplay servers:

1. The first category are players who are doing it just to troll others by saying disgusting things in chat. I view this as fail RP. The fact that many servers that claimed to be roleplay oriented have allowed this in the past is stupid for this reason. Some servers have had rules requiring players to only do this in private places, but I remember many instances of people doing it in public, sometimes claiming it was an accident but obviously just trying to annoy everyone.
  2. The other category of players who use ERP are those who are trying to get sexual pleasure from their roleplay. I wish I was making this up, but this is something that has been done in this community for a long time. This becomes very serious when you realize that people of any age can join Persistent World servers, including pedophiles looking for an easy and risk free way to knock their rocks off. Some occurrences of ERP in these servers I believe were done by young people who didn't know better, while others I have strong suspicions that they were initiated by older people using these servers not for actual roleplay, but to pursue their disgusting habits. Both of these types of occurances are classified as pedophilia in the United States and other countries.

So, if you are hosting a roleplay server, is this what you want to have happen in your community? If you are a Taleworlds staff member, is this what you want your game to be used for?

Back
Top Bottom