Expensive Armor

Users who are viewing this thread

Cenobite

Banned
Compared to older games armor in the base vanilla game of Bannerlord is expensive at higher tier levels.

Full plate armor in older games from richer faction towns would of set you back maybe a few thousand upto about 10k but Bannerlord some gauntlets will cost you a bomb.

I'm not talking crafting as i don't use that skill much i prefer to hunt & trade or get items by winning them in tournaments, so i find the economy much different for weapons & armor this game, it does slow progress down equipping all companions and family with the best gear available when the cost for items is huge...

Armor has become a very costly venture as it should be but time consuming getting it as i don't see many troop deserters from wars that spawn on map like older games to harvest better gear from map drops... Bandits & looters only have certain types of crappy gear, you'd think local traders wouldn't accept the garbage cloth rags that stink of looter you sell them at every town after a few game years..

Needs to be better decorative amours & gowns for civilian wear with more focus on some civilian quests using them in towns, taverns & keeps.

They used to much more expensive, they're fine now... however we still wait for improvement to damage reduction.
it does slow progress down equipping all companions and family with the best gear available when the cost for items is huge...
The trick is just to not do that. The armor barely helps at all and only ranged weapon are good, just give them a light x bow and 3 stack of bolts and they optimal. If they have high bow skill and you can afford a good bow do that instead.

They used to much more expensive, they're fine now... however we still wait for improvement to damage reduction.

The trick is just to not do that. The armor barely helps at all and only ranged weapon are good, just give them a light x bow and 3 stack of bolts and they optimal. If they have high bow skill and you can afford a good bow do that instead.
Armor did absorb some damage in older Warband games with damage reduction, i think high skill or attribute like STR had something to do with that reduction not just the armor itself.

This game i have noticed armor isn't the best, i haven't even seen full plate available in any town location over years of in game time where it's available in some wealthy towns in Warband.

I find companions are lacking in good equipment where older games had companions in full plate cheap, one or two characters i used to hire in older games just for armor then fire them lol...
If you marry a rich noble woman like a Princess heir too the throne then you get some good equipment that comes standard with that character and they tend to be highly skilled.

I always use the encyclopedia to check skill range out on companions and possible wives before adding them too my party just too see if they have the right skill set i'm looking for at the time...

Good thing you complain about this now. imagine 10 months ago when the same armor was 60% more expensive.

on the armor effectiveness: Armor makes a big difference for both player and AI companions when used against low tier weapons. anything with a decent tier weapon and enough weapon skill will still kill any unit in anywhere between 2 to 6 hits or shots. heavier weapons may end up 1 shotting when landing a strike to the head.
i haven't even seen full plate available
That would be becuase full plate didn't exist in this period. Lamellar is the best you can get. and before you ask Warband takes place after the events of Bannerlord.

Equipping around 10 campanions is not impossible. i have done that many times in Mid Game but until you can invest the money on the 50+ body armors i suggest sticking with the less expensive 30+ body.

generally any tier 4 or higher will always be a threat regardless of your armor. tier 3 and lower units is where you see the armor working well

Back
Top Bottom