Expanded Gameplay III (Download v0.95e)

Users who are viewing this thread

NacroxNicke said:
That's pitty really, looks like the only option is to install the original mount and blade
Another option is to learn, how to mod, and to port :smile: I could if I had at least 30 hours per day. I would spend 4 on sleep and 2 on porting EG. 

There was already an EG Warband port, though I don't know if it was official...It was only multiplayer, and kind of fizzled out before it even began. I'm happy it just being on M&B, but it would be great if at least version 1.0 could be released :razz:
Multiplayer would be good, but given the unreliability of a player base, it might not be worth the effort. Up to you Chel - I would play it :smile: To be honest I don't see how Warband would make the game better though, as the combat is already made stella by this mod.

Interceptor said:
chel! do you have warband already? or do we have to make donation? :grin:

Hey, yeah I have warband, and at one point I did start making a MP port, which I really enjoyed, but got distracted by other stuff after the initial release. Will see, I am not ruling out coming back to finish it, or put together a single player mod, but I dont want you guys holding your breath for it  :grin:

come ooon:grin: we will build you a statue if we'll see SP for WB :grin:
(MP is lame... try SP)  :wink:

...we are eager to see wandering barbarian, swadian schock troops, or army of dead, in this new game:grin: I hope you will find time and will to do it :neutral:

I take it that the turbocharged horses with jet boosters aren't "historical"?  No normal horse should run at 75 Miles Per Hour, and I don't believe that the equine turbocharger had been invented yet in that era.

While the encumbrance values are a good idea in theory, their balance in the game is somewhere between way off and broken.  As a starting character, I've got a thin shirt/pants, a lightweight pair of boots, and a fairly light one-handed weapon.  Wearing either a cloth cap or pair of leather gloves raises my encumbrance to where I've got 30+ point penalties to most of my skills.  That's absurd, especially for skills that are only 50 or so to start with.

Most of my character's starting Attribute stats are in the "early-to-mid-game" range for vanilla M&B (around 9-15), except for one which started out about 30 points higher.  The game seems to inflict a lot of "all or nothing" choices on you, making the character totally inept due to massive penalties at just about everything, but potentially with god-like abilities in one specific area, depending on your choices.

Like most mods that attempt to be "moar uber", by making EVERYTHING "over the top" right from the start, it ends up that nothing is, and then there's no room for expansion from there.  The excessive stats and requirements on many items means that you can't do much of anything until you qualify to use them, and then your character abruptly goes from a target dummy for the first few levels to a near-indestructible wrecking machine within only a couple of additional levels.  Once you achieve that, it's all just "more of the same" for the rest of the game.

In essence, several very good ideas in the mod, but BAD implementations of a lot of it.

Chel said:

So... This mod is unplayable. At day 120 and conquered Rhodoks it hits SCRIPT ERROR 1602 and 2281. Savegame corrupted.

New game. Day 97. Goin for last castle of Khanates. SCRIPT ERROR 1602. Savegame corrupted.

New game. Day 104. Nords are gone. Vaegirs have no fiefs. Im walking for Khanates. SCRIPT ERROR 1601 and 1602. This time i was smarter and backuped my saves 10 days earlier ^^

NOPE. Backups after 10 days got SCRIPT ERROR!!!

Its pointless to try another time. Mod is clearly broken and i cant get any help for 2 weeks now.

Back
Top Bottom