Exercise Routines

Users who are viewing this thread

Lyze

Baron
We're a fairly diverse mix here at TaleWorlds, and so I'm hoping there are a fair number of you who exercise regularly or have routines. As such:

What routine do you use? What have you found to be most effective? How long have you been using that routine? I ask this because I have recovered from eight months of crippling sickness that has left me severely physically weakened, and am determined to regain my fitness. However, I know that if I do not have a routine, I am so busy due to my studies that I often to do not have time to go to the gym, and so I ask if you know of any exercises that could be easily performed in a small dormitory room, with very little space. I have two 10lb weights, but that is all. Exercises to strengthen the abdominal muscles and upper body are what I most need.

All depends really. I got about 3 days out of the week. Monday Ill do cardio. Wednesday I will do leg weights and general weights as well around 10 sets of 25. Friday I will do a bit of running and weights.

I used to go to the fitness regularly, but haven't gone for a couple of months.

Since uni started, I've had a lot less time to train hardcore and have already lost some 2 kilos muscle :razz:

Right now I just do some simple push ups/lots of dumbell exercises & ab-exercises. Pretty basic **** just to keep a bit fit.

Don't run much anymore as well, but running is bad for me since it makes me lose weight (even though i don't have much weight)

I hit gym 2-3 times a week, usually one day for a bicep/tricep workout, another day bench pressing (incline and decline), and sometimes workout on my shoulders and core.
With dumbbells you can easily strengthen your core/abs and biceps/triceps.
Though with two 10's it ain't enough, but a good start.

Edit: @Burgass :lol:
royal army exercises? really?

Burgass said:
Shout to women, state that beer is required, move arm to mouth, tip can, replace on mat.

No really,  try this Lyze

You don't need to be super fit to join the Army, all you need is the right attitude and determination to get there. Find out how to get prepared to pass selection.

I thought that site was for the British Army, not the American.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Burgass said:
Shout to women, state that beer is required, move arm to mouth, tip can, replace on mat.

No really,  try this Lyze

You don't need to be super fit to join the Army, all you need is the right attitude and determination to get there. Find out how to get prepared to pass selection.

I thought that site was for the British Army, not the American.

They tell you that, on the website and in the recruitment office, but if you are not super fit, they rip the **** out of you physically during the 3 day 'induction period' and if you can't make it then you are asked to leave basically, but usually you want to leave then, due to the amount of physical torture they give to the lesser fit.

Post coherence 1/5

I end up running anywhere between 2.5 and 4 miles three times a week. I then do sprints after two of those runs. I also do max pushups and situps twice after each run. So I do as many pushups as possible then as many situps as possible, take a five minute rest, and do it again. Helps build muscle endurance. I also go to the gym no less than once a week, but I try for twice and do bench press, military press, curls, lat pull down and leg press. I go for max weight instead of reps when I go to the gym. Seems to be working well enough for me in terms of my physical fitness test; did 90 pushups in 70 seconds and 108 situps in 90 seconds without much fatigue at all, which is actually three more of each exercise than I need to get for max points for those exercises at my age group.

Monday
AM - Walk 2.5 miles to work (40 mins)
Midday - Gym for ~45 mins, mix of 20-30 mins CV, and weights (focusing on arms or legs), plus sit ups/crunches.
PM - Walk 2.5 miles home from work (40 mins)
Then 1-2 hours of iaido.

Tuesday
Midday - Gym for ~45 mins, mix of 20-30 mins CV, and weights (focusing on arms or legs), plus sit ups/crunches.
Then 1 hour of horse riding.

Wednesday
PM - Gym for ~1.5 hours, mix of 45 mins-1 hr CV, and weights, plus sit ups/crunches.
Then walk 2.5 miles home from work (40 mins)

Thursday
Then 1-2 hours of iaido.

Friday
PM - Gym for ~1.5 - 2 hrs, mix of 45 mins-1 hr CV, and weights, plus sit ups/crunches.
Then walk 2.5 miles home from work (40 mins)

Weekends
Rest and consume alcohol. Sometimes go to the gym or (in summer) go for a walk/jog/run (approx 4 miles).

Because you're recovering from mono, you should take it easy. I tried to do too much too fast when recovering from it, ended up with a ****ton of mouse ulcers and exhaustion for my effort.

Errr, I manhandle heavy things around a 40c kitchen three days a week, upper body strength FTW. Most of the time I don't eat at college so I don't put any weight on.

I can't say I have the free time for exercise, my undergraduate course tires me out most days.

Occasionally I will get up from the computer and walk ten feet (or 3.048 meters) to get myself a Propel from the fridge.

However, I used to do a lot more exercise that consistent of about twenty minutes of running followed by a few sets of push-ups, crunches, and stretching with an armband. Nothing revolutionary. 

I did gym for a year...now I'm bored and just do some push-ups or biceps at home.

Pharaoh Llandy said:
Weekends
Rest and consume alcohol. Sometimes go to the gym or (in summer) go for a walk/jog/run (approx 4 miles).

Because you're recovering from mono, you should take it easy. I tried to do too much too fast when recovering from it, ended up with a ****ton of mouse ulcers and exhaustion for my effort.

All that training is destroyed by alcohol consumption. You shouldn't!

Oh, that's right. Alcohol is evil. :roll:

I probably play a few hours of soccer 3-5 nights a week, and get in some good time on an ergometer when I can. I've stopped lifting, as I just don't have the time anymore. I really need to make some time. I'm getting all scrawny. :cry:

Winterz said:
All that training is destroyed by alcohol consumption. You shouldn't!
Truth.

Alcohol reduces testosterone levels (direct effect on muscle mass) and while there is alcohol in your system it inhibits protein synthesis (stops muscles from growing). It also slows down your recovery (risking lethargy if you train a lot).

So knowing that you people decide if you really want to get wasted that bad. :razz:

Soberly,
Ilex

PS: I won't post my routine because it's obviously not what you are looking for

Merentha said:
What are you trying to do?  Build muscle, build cardio, get toned, get in general shape, some combination of the above?

A combination of the above. I need to regain my muscle since I lost it while sick with mono, and I need to rebuild my cardio and then get it higher than it originally was (since it wasn't swell) and the ultimate goal is to be toned once I've built my muscle and done cardio.

Back
Top Bottom