Exercise regimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

I currently run a few miles a day (or bike, or use an exercise bike)
Afterwards I do a series of regular situps,
Knee Cross Crunches
Standing Bicycle Crunches
The Repeater
Pull ups
Chin ups
Push ups
Prison style push ups
Elevated feet push ups
Various weight exercises
Cuban Motion style isolations
And then there is dance practice and etc

I mostly just do things haphazardly. Lift one day, trail run another, soccer another, hike another.... I'm fat, but at least I'm not bored.

I started pelling this year again, and running. I also keep a small dumbbell in my car, 3kg, to use when I get bored driving. I drive for about two hours every day, it made the sleeves of some shirts too narrow already.

Go on heroic adventures, get stranded then shamble around aimlessly for twenty years as you try to get back home. Any other form of exercise is just supporting the capitalist matrix which enslaves us to the hedonistic consumer debauchery which then gives us the illusionary freedom by offering a consumerism of recycling the sacred body, the perfect crime.

Iridetheshortbuss said:
Go on heroic adventures, get stranded then shamble around aimlessly for twenty years as you try to get back home. Any other form of exercise is just supporting the capitalist matrix which enslaves us to the hedonistic consumer debauchery which then gives us the illusionary freedom by offering a consumerism of recycling the sacred body, the perfect crime.

Short version (ok maybe longer):

http://xkcd.com/610/

http://xkcd.com/1013/

Kobrag said:
He probably meant 300.

300 meter swims are short for work outs and swimteam practice stuff.
I meant about 3000 meters total with all strokes. (usually comes out to a total of 500 butterfly, 500 breast, 500 back, 1500 freestyle). It's not straight mind you. Would do various sets. Alternating between endurance and sprints.

Sorry was still a little out of it when I typed the original.

My weekly routine:

Monday: Gym muscle training, mainly power and mass
Tuesday: Resting and coding
Wednesday: Look at Monday
Thursday: Look at Tuesday
Friday: Look at Monday
Saturday: Look at Tuesday
Sunday: Look at Monday

I managed to gain 5kg during the summer, but when the schools started (5 days ago) I started losing weight, 1.5kg in 5 days. Because on school
week I cycle 23km and have 4 hours of P.E. Got to try eat more.

Right now I do:

1x Push up, hands spaced at the shoulder, 1x sit up, 1x push ups, hands forming a triangle do it 3 times a day, for 3 days, take the fourth off, rinse repeat.

I REALLY gotta start running... but blergh.

Bobthehero said:
Quote from the 100 push up thing

No doubt some of you can already do 50 consecutive push ups, but let's face it, you're in a big minority.

Now I feel like a god amongst mortals.
You probably in shape right?

I have to start in the far left collumn, because all I used to train were my back and leg muscles. ;.;

I was in terrible shape until recently.

And it got better, not by a large margin, but enough for people who haven't seen me in while to noticed that I bulked up.

Bobthehero said:
Quote from the 100 push up thing

No doubt some of you can already do 50 consecutive push ups, but let's face it, you're in a big minority.

Now I feel like a god amongst mortals.

:razz:

Maxing the Army Physical Fitness Test's pushup event for males at the peak of their physical strength is 71 pushups in 2 minutes.

You're ****ting me, right?

I counted, managed to do 60, so I am pretty close to that. Minimum sit ups and push ups I need to do for the army is 19 here.

It's 21 for women here and 44 for men.

I suppose it does go to show that number of push ups should never be taken as a main indicator of fitness.

Back
Top Bottom