Exercise regimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Funny how derailed the thread got  :wink:

Tried doing 250 pushups while at work yesterday but only got to 210 before my relief showed up :sad:

Guess I'll just shoot for 200 today.

Seff said:
Oh, there are retards in any army, agreed.

My favorite are the people who smuggle whiskey into field training exercises.

"Oh, first sergeant, my canteen is filled with water. No, that's not the smell of alcohol on breath. No."

That has always baffled me. I don't feel right if I have milk, or even just heavier food. I can't imagine working hard while wasted. And I've seen people try. I currently work at a fitness club, and I see it more often than I thought I ever would. It's always the same few people (most of the club is very health conscious, and many don't drink at all) but still.

Coincidentally, when cleaning trash from the parking lot, the things I find the most are cigarette buts, candy wrappers, and beer cans.

Magorian Aximand said:
Coincidentally, when cleaning trash from the parking lot, the things I find the most are cigarette buts, candy wrappers, and beer cans.

I hope those same people are the ones who don't understand why they can't seem to lose weight too  :roll:

Magorian Aximand said:
That has always baffled me. I don't feel right if I have milk, or even just heavier food. I can't imagine working hard while wasted. And I've seen people try. I currently work at a fitness club, and I see it more often than I thought I ever would. It's always the same few people (most of the club is very health conscious, and many don't drink at all) but still.

I've PT'd drunk. But I think everyone in the military does that. It's different when you had a few too many too late, and realize you need to muster the next morning at 0500...

How do I get bigger, you mean? By eating high protein foods. I just don't eat them right before I work out. I've been keeping a consistent morning schedule, so for breakfast I have a glass of orange juice and a banana. Considering I exercise for roughly three hours, I probably should eat a little more, but I feel fine with that. It's light, gives me plenty of energy, and doesn't piss my body off. When I'm done I drink a protein shake (not crazy supplements, no creatine) and I'll eat good, full meals the rest of the day.

but how caloric surplus
Seriously though, I stuff my face every ****ing meal to the point I feel nauseous and can only barely stay above my expenditure. I know of the 1~1.5g of protein per lb of lean bodyweight rule, anyway. :razz:
Then again, I don't eat (or rather, avoid) junk food, so there's that barrier.
Also, creatine a crazy suplement? wut?

Rifleman said:
Seff said:

"Oh, first sergeant, my canteen is filled with water. No, that's not the smell of alcohol on breath. No."
I've yet to see those, but I have seen the guys who are still drunk at muster. Did an all-nighter before my .50 cal exam, was still drunk doing it. :lol: Crazy ***** licked and bit my nipples in a bar that night.

Magorian Aximand said:
I don't feel right if I have milk, or even just heavier food.
So you can't work unless you've had exactly the right amount of food? Hehe, what a princess you are.

Ambalon said:
but how caloric surplus
Seriously though, I stuff my face every ****ing meal to the point I feel nauseous and can only barely stay above my expenditure. I know of the 1~1.5g of protein per lb of lean bodyweight rule, anyway. :razz:

There are simple ways to get a ton of calories. For example, a Naked Juice with protein is nearly 500 calories. Have one as a drink with a large meal, and you're eating 800-1,000 calories per meal.

Seff said:
So you can't work unless you've had exactly the right amount of food? Hehe, what a princess you are.

:razz: I can workout while sick. I just prefer not to feel like ****. When the choice is available to me, I'll pick the better option.

Rifleman said:
Seff said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlgqlwJ_y3o this is what happen to this guy :mrgreen:
After this entire section had to empty canteens

Magorian Aximand said:
:razz: I can workout while sick. I just prefer not to feel like ****. When the choice is available to me, I'll pick the better option.

Not a fun thing to do but I've done it before too. When I counted my calories for a bit I kept going under what I wanted to hit by somehow not eating enough so I just gave up trying to do that for now. Been meaning to take a protein shake every morning but I nearly always wake up late for work.

Ambalon said:

Could try eating more bread/pasta I suppose?

Also not sure why Magorian called creatine crazy unless he means in large doses or something. I only get it from whatever is in my protein shake, I usually add a bit of glutamine though so I don't feel to sore the next day.

The problem with creatine and similar supplements is that the mass they help give you tends not to stick around if you ever stop taking them. They make it easy to "get big fast", but don't really help you get fit, and I've seen too many people who take that stuff deflate like a balloon and turn all flabby.

Not to mention, I'm not interested in getting all that much bigger. I could stand to gain 10 pounds, but I'm in no rush. A far more immediate goal for me is flexibility, and adding a ton of muscle mass quickly isn't going to help that. I'll work up steadily, and without supplements. I'll just rely on protein and good food to do the job.

Magorian Aximand said:
The problem with creatine and similar supplements is that the mass they help give you tends not to stick around if you ever stop taking them. They make it easy to "get big fast", but don't really help you get fit, and I've seen too many people who take that stuff deflate like a balloon and turn all flabby.

Not to mention, I'm not interested in getting all that much bigger. I could stand to gain 10 pounds, but I'm in no rush. A far more immediate goal for me is flexibility, and adding a ton of muscle mass quickly isn't going to help that. I'll work up steadily, and without supplements. I'll just rely on protein and good food to do the job.
wut
Creatine only helps you in artificial volume in the sense that you store more glycogen and water in your muscles, other than that it's just aminoacids. You don't deflate like a balloon if you stop taking it. The people you've seen get that probably stopped or got less exercise. And maybe also stopped something else.

Depends on your goal. If you just want to lose weight I would say cardio and assuming you have a treadmill you could start off with a program like couch to 5k or something similar which is designed for people with basically no prior experience and builds you up to be able to run for a decent amount of time.

I've stayed in decent shape with a pretty short and easy workout. Do as many pushups as physically possible while maintaining proper form, do as many flutter kicks as possible while maintaining proper form, do as many pullups as possible while maintaining proper form, then do it over again. Should take no more than 15 minutes to do this. Try to improve each set by five repetitions every week until you get to where you want to be. After you finish those exercises take a 10 minute break, then run 1.5 to 2 miles. Once completed with that, run sprints, I do 50 meter sprint, 50 meter jog 10 times, then I do a cool down 5 minute walk. Entire workout shouldn't take more than 45 minutes. It won't make you build muscle really, but you'll be in good shape if you push yourself as hard as possible. It works for me considering that I'm so busy during the day that I can't really find the time to work out more than 45 minutes a day.

What you need is to eat cheese. Lots and lots of cheese. Eat cheese until your muscles grow big and you emit pheromones that drive women crazy with lust. It's foolproof!

I call it the Fatkins Diet, after the world-renowned nutritionist and former Mr. Universe, Dr. Robert Fatkins.

Feragorn said:
But a 5k is short...

For someone starting out it isn't. Isn't really that difficult to just add more km/miles after getting used to it.

Mage246 said:
What you need is to eat cheese. Lots and lots of cheese. Eat cheese until your muscles grow big and you emit pheromones that drive women crazy with lust. It's foolproof!

I call it the Fatkins Diet, after the world-renowned nutritionist and former Mr. Universe, Dr. Robert Fatkins.

Hmmmm

ಠ_ಠ said:
And I'm not looking to lose weight, more like build muscle.

Eat more (especially protein) and do more muscular activities. You can simply do pushups,pullups without the need for weights. I'm probably going to start doing p90x again which is great for building muscles and more endurance (Insanity is another similar program but more focused on endurance from what I read). Fairly easy to do p90x but you would need some tools first to do it correctly (pull up bars,weight bands or weights).

Back
Top Bottom