Exercise regimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi.
This is going to sound funny, if not absolutley rediculous.

I currently stand at 5'6 and weigh around 112 pounds.
Yet despite being considered underweight, I look literally out of shape.
My belly and side is about an inch larger than it should be...I can't see my crotch when I stand correctly, despite it's large and ungainly girth >>

I had to sell my rowing machine a while ago to pay for uni, so I was wondering if anyone here knew of any regimes that reduce belly and side fat. If not toning the belly as well.

EditL I am only asking this 'cause I am cpmpletely unfamiliar with non-machine assisted exercise.

Well for what it's worth, I'm back to doing 10 push ups, 15 sit ups, 20 squats > 60 secs breather, do three full repetitions before sleep. Makes me feel much better, and seems to be helping trim me core down a bit.

Here are the three things you need to know about exercise regimes:

1. Are they peaceful?
2. Do they seek to spread their exercise revolution to their neighbors?
3. Do they possess nuclear weapons?

But seriously, when it comes to exercise regimens you don't really need much equipment.

Dumbbells, pushups, and barbells are what you want for building your upper body. You can get by with just dumbbells (they're just way easier than using natural resistance techniques) and pushups. Get an adjustable dumbbell set if you're not sure what you can handle weightwise.

But it sounds like what you want are cardio and abs for your belly. Cardio is the more important of the two - running, cycling, etc. You're going to want to avoid cardio that works your arms unless your arms are very fit - you want to do the cardio activity for as long as possible. The ab work is to improve your look after you've lost the pounds. Crunches and bicycle crunches will do. Avoid situps - they strain the back.

http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/sledge.html
Sounds intriging,me dad owns a few peices of ground breaking equipment

Mage246 said:
Here are the three things you need to know about exercise regimes:

1. Are they peaceful?
2. Do they seek to spread their exercise revolution to their neighbors?
3. Do they possess nuclear weapons?

But seriously, when it comes to exercise regimens you don't really need much equipment.

Dumbbells and barbells are what you want for building your upper body. You can get by with just dumbbells (they're just way easier than using natural resistance techniques) and pushups.

But it sounds like what you want are cardio and abs for your belly. Cardio is the more important of the two - running, cycling, etc. You're going to want to avoid cardio that works your arms unless your arms are very fit - you want to do the cardio activity for as long as possible. The ab work is to improve your look after you've lost the pounds. Crunches and bicycle crunches will do. Avoid situps - they strain the back.
Love yoooouuu

Some of my mates started doing German Volumizer training in A-stan, got good results.

What you need is to go running, a lot, and stop eating fat foods. There is no way to burn fat in specific places, so you need to burn enough that it disappears from your belly.

Pushups, pullups, back exercises and situps are good for activating your upper body. Dips as well, if you can get away with it.

Seff said:
Some of my mates started doing German Volumizer training in A-stan, got good results.

What you need is to go running, a lot, and stop eating fat foods. There is no way to burn fat in specific places, so you need to burn enough that it disappears from your belly.

Pushups, pullups, back exercises and situps are good for activating your upper body. Dips as well, if you can get away with it.
Can you eat fatty foods if you keep up the exercising?
It;s BBQ season. =[

As Seff just said, fat burns from your body as a whole. You don't burn fat from any certain place by doing any certain exercise.

Watch this as a little sample of some good stuff you can do as long as you have enough room to lie down somewhere. Watch Blaire (the guy Mack moves over just before the two minute mark) for good technique. A very simple but effective sample workout would be 100 mountain climbers, 50 sit ups, 20 pushups, 7 sets.

But everything seems alright elsewhere, I am reasonably toned chest upwards and below the pelvis. I have really tight buns. :3

It's like I just have a pillow of fat around the abdomen.

Every body accumulates and stores fat differently. It won't sit evenly on your body, but no exercise will focus on burning fat in any area. Only on working muscles in a given area. Your body will burn fat as a whole.

However, if you want to run to lose fat, be sure to run more than 30 minutes at a good speed. Otherwise it's not really that effective at losing fat. Working out is more effective regarding that anyway. Don't want to say that running is bad tho.

Kobrag said:
Powerwalking is better.
Trying to jog on cement and paving only damages your joints

Not if you have decent shoes with thick treads. And with your proportions your joints shouldn't be too stressed, if you have half decent running technique.

Anyhoo, I'm all for jogging. I've lost about 40kgs with it (well, also martial arts training twice-thrice a week, but running was the shiz against fat). I'm working now on losing the 15 I got back since then.

Some recent studies actually suggest that, when it comes to losing weight, frequent short periods of exercise are as effective as doing it all in 1 stretch. And yes, that's assuming the same intensity workouts.

Bromden said:
Kobrag said:
Powerwalking is better.
Trying to jog on cement and paving only damages your joints

Not if you have decent shoes with thick treads. And with your proportions your joints shouldn't be too stressed, if you have half decent running technique.

Anyhoo, I'm all for jogging. I've lost about 40kgs with it (well, also martial arts training twice-thrice a week, but running was the shiz against fat). I'm working now on losing the 15 I got back since then.
Dyspraxia.
Harldy any fine motor control, motor control and coordination.

Tis why I originallybought a rowing machine.

Back
Top Bottom