SP - General Executions

Users who are viewing this thread

I think the following for executions needs implimenting because at the moment I can’t see a great deal impact apart from negative relationship status for killing executing lords so...

1. if you execute a lord, all clan members of that lord will immediately go into vengeance mode, they will assemble an army and hunt you down at all costs.

2. if a clan member of the lord captures one of your clan members they will automatically execute them.

This means we have to think twice before enacting executions because further down the line when we are starting a kingdom, we don’t want our clan members getting executed. Surely can’t be hard to sort out right ?

Automatically executing one of your clan members is a bit too much, each Hero has specific traits for a reason.

But a manhunt would be cool where they make capturing your clan members or you a priority (whoever they find first) and depending on their traits they have a higher chance of executing the captured member immediately.

It’d be cool to be able to send one of your clan parties out specifically to attempt to capture a Lord of your choosing and this could be used by the NPCs for a situation like this.

I'll agree with malvado here, enemy lords retaliating is all good but with a little bit of variability in their reactions will make it even better and add to the dynamic world. Speaking of hero traits, are any NPC lords executing other lords right now in the current version of the game? Cos I've never seen it happen so far and their traits (''Cruel'' trait for example) could be something to determine how likely they're to execute people, whether it's in retaliation or not.

I have yet to see NPC’s execute to be honest. I don’t recall them ever doing so in war and either. Would be cool if they did based on the parameters you mention or if the relationship was say -100 and you had executed one of their clan members before. I just think there needs to be some recompense for committing an execution.

I would like executions not automaticly decrease the relationship. It should be all about witness. Can someon witness you captured or killed a lord? Then it's okay. If no one can witness, why should the relationsship to a certain faction fall?

Well I imagine historically, armies would have had messengers/runners etc.. that would relay information back to the kingdom, I doubt that being executed if you were a person of renown would have gone unoticed, witnessed or not? Either way I like the ideas to make executions more immersive and impractical for us to carry out.

I would like executions not automaticly decrease the relationship. It should be all about witness. Can someon witness you captured or killed a lord? Then it's okay. If no one can witness, why should the relationsship to a certain faction fall?

Mechanically it doesn't make sense to provide an easily exploitable mechanic. You can always game it such that you'll have no witnesses.

Logically it doesn't make sense because you can't exactly have a battle in secret. Battles are huge and obvious, and people don't keep secrets. It will be common knowledge you captured the lord.

An assassination/intrigue mechanic on the other hand would make sense though.

1) Logically, there could be a risk of the player being executed by the enemy clan if you are captured by them. And maybe also a companion within the player party as such; though I agree companions have their own reputation and traits.

2) At the very minimum, the player should gain a pariah status among the aristocracies after a certain number of extra-judiciary executions. This could greatly hamper Influence and attempted treaties. The player would need to make amends (blood money and being forgiven by a relevant king/queen).

3) Some companions could leave the player's service if they have some valiant traits or a family/cultural relation with the murdered lords.

Back
Top Bottom