Executions

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, not sure how the current executions ideas looks like. Perhaps it would be a fun idea to be able to choose to hang / behead traitors or prisoners yourself or order someone to do it for you. Public executions would be a *fun* thing to have in the game, and it would add more immersion if you could actually watch it being done rather than just see a prisoner dissapear from the map.

What do you guys think?

Dev Blog 07/06/19
+
mount-blade-2-bannerlord_6075563.jpg

Presumably in the final version they will remember to remove all weapons and armour from the prisoner (this one has an axe on his back)- unless the intention is to give him a fighting chance to survive. Lurch forward at the last instant, so that the executioner inadvertently cuts your bonds. Doubtless you will lose the use of at least one hand, but you may still be able to take your axe and slay the executioner before he can recover his wits, and thus win your freedom.

[SOTR] Roy said:
A block would be nice, executions are messy stuff, have you ever tried to chop somebody's head off that's bending over like that? Difficult if I do say so myself :p
lol I agree. Chopping a head off isn't like slicing butter with a hot knife as it's often portrayed in the movies and shows. Not a detrimental feature, but it would make the scene a little less gruesome.

It would also be cool if you could execute unruly citizens and different executions had different shock values which would determine how fearful the population would become.

Terco_Viejo said:
There'll be a fade to black, no doubt about it. There will be absolutely nothing explicit.
No gore, no fun.  :lol:
Then how am I supposed to roleplay as a cruel sociopathic leader, having my town decorated with execution victims? :sad:

I think it should be explicit unless blood is turned off.

I mean, executing someone shouldn't be as empty as the click of a button.

I kind of like the idea to be able to choose the means of execution, and maybe the means of informing the victim's clan.

I remember reading about some gruesome slaughter of an English King, whose dead body was scalped, tied to a horse and publicly exhibited through some towns.

FBohler said:
I think it should be explicit unless blood is turned off.

I mean, executing someone shouldn't be as empty as the click of a button.

I kind of like the idea to be able to choose the means of execution, and maybe the means of informing the victim's clan.

I remember reading about some gruesome slaughter of an English King, whose dead body was scalped, tied to a horse and publicly exhibited through some towns.

Would be interesting to send the persons head back to his clan haha.

Back
Top Bottom