Execution and Consequences: What do you think about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

xdj1nn

Knight at Arms
So far I've found it to be quite unrealistic, and more of a gimmick than an actual game feature / mechanic.
To me the relation hits with lords from nations that are not part of the "executed" prisoner's kingdom doesn't make sense at all, and it actually makes this option not viable at all times. You could do it after already have map-painted almost everything + converting all lords you want, though that'd be useless. It'd make sense to see that happen when the clan member you've killed was a friend of the outsider lord, but other than that it's just mind-boggling.

Also, losing Honor doesn't make that much of a sense, it's much more aligned towards cruelty than honor. I find killing recruits at mid game to be way more dishonorable.

Anyway, what are your thoughts? Atm I think that the option of killing lords is unpractical and kind of useless, unless you don't care for late-game.

Dunno but a bit of change is ok. I came down to my first playthrough where there are only 5 to 8 lords alive. I chopped all the others. Figured that you cant be hated if there is no one left to hate you right?

Dunno but a bit of change is ok. I came down to my first playthrough where there are only 5 to 8 lords alive. I chopped all the others. Figured that you cant be hated if there is no one left to hate you right?
well, that's another way of using it, still gimmicky though, let's suppose we use that tactic on a future long campaign with independent kingdom, that means you'll have no lords at all, the result would be quite weird, a guy basically ruling every fief in the map, that would be impractical hahaha Though I don't think the game has any mechanics that stop us from doing just that anyway

I don't think it s really relevant yet to discuss about it. nor it is to do anything with it. atm it s kinda : you kill everyone or no one, and that makes it pretty pointless. also the reaction from people that are upset about it should make sense, but if everyone is impacted by it, then a total war just for one head is a bit extreme, maybe just families, not even the whole faction, and with family alliance it should reach already enough noble, not the whole map.
I have no idea what s the plan of tales-world on that though, I guess they have something in mind, but if it just destroy your relation in a chain reaction that ****s up your whole game, then I don't see the point. I d like that heroes can be killed in a battle too, as well as nobles. atm it can be exploited quite a lot, you camp in front of their last castle and wait them to respawn, beat them every day, gets the loot and free troops/renown/influence rince, repeat. if there is a chance they die in battle, it would be more interesting. and you can imagine "revenge execution" and a whole lot of fun stuff.

It's weird that they included the feature, and then made the consequences of using it so severe that it really discourages doing it at all.

I definitely would like it to be a more dynamic choice. I understand how generally most nobles would be unhappy to see anything noble be executed, as the leaders expect to get special treatment from each other.

However you should be able to get justifications for doing it. Like if a lord raids your village, which is another dishonorable act, you should be justified in executing them if you manage to capture them and not suffer the same penalties.

yeah, I agree, atm they murder all your villagers, raids everywhere, swap faction and do all sort of stuff that would, if it was you, ruin your reputation with everyone forever, but nope, for them it s ok.

I think it's more of a "to be killed in battle is an honorable thing" but "to be butchered like a pig is not" type of thing. It does make sense.
Though I also don't quite get why unrelated people i.e. not friends nor family would be pissed about you executing a lord. I'd understand if they were friends (as per encyclopedia) otherwise it's silly.

My take on it - leave it, it's a nice addition but the system needs (some) changes.

I think it's more of a "to be killed in battle is an honorable thing" but "to be butchered like a pig is not" type of thing. It does make sense.
Though I also don't quite get why unrelated people i.e. not friends nor family would be pissed about you executing a lord. I'd understand if they were friends (as per encyclopedia) otherwise it's silly.

My take on it - leave it, it's a nice addition but the system needs (some) changes.

It's because war is supposed to be "safe" for the leaders. The peasants are out there risking their lives, and all the leaders have an understanding that war is a game for them.

If you come in to their gentleman's agreement, and show that you aren't following it than you have shown you're a threat. Even to nobles on your side, and certainly to neutral nobles.

So that translated into the game makes sense.

However there is no way to ever justify an execution, and that's dumb.

As well there is no reasonable way to just play as a cruel dictator as there really aren't any variation in nobles. The response to your behavior is pretty uniform across the board which it shouldn't be.

I do not like it, it is not well thought out. The fact that killing one enemy will spam your screen with reputation loss to all Nobles in the lands, is not only super annoying, it is unrealistic. You should only lose reputation if you kill someone who has an honorable standing, or is not at war with you, or ONLY has a good relationship with the executed. Their enemies should have a chance to improve relations with you due to the execution...maybe if they are dishonorable or something like that would trigger it. Also right now with the new changes, the game bugs out when defeating the various empires, and sometimes you need to execute them to get the game to update...

I think there should be casus belli system for executions and it should cost more than just relations. If you executed someone that in powerful clan they should create army for just hunting you or maybe they could pay some merc clans to do it.

raiding village (1 year)
changing side - betray (5 year)
execute relative (infinite)
seduced daughter (infinite)
etc.

Killed a lot of them. I can say for sure, lords do not care about reputation. In the late-game, they may join your kingdom even if they hate you. However, when you lost reputation of the notables, it makes recruiting a bit challenging, until you get perk of converting bandits to regular troops.

Snowballing happens due to lack of diplomacy, internal struggles, etc. -> devs make lords escape every few days and respawn with fresh armies -> players find this out and start executing everyone -> devs make execution penalties so severe that it's a non-choice. Endless bandaids.

I agree it shouldn't be such a big deal to lop the head off of your nemesis. Yeah, a few people should get pissed and come after you, but everyone shouldn't hate you.

So, my vassal ran off with my sworn enemy and made sweet, sweet diplomatic love with them, I capture him and set his head on a pike overlooking the beautiful sunsets seen from my front gate as a warning. Now the enemy of my sworn enemy's neighbor's mom (who may or may not be hot. Her daughter's name is Stacy after all:wink:) is throwing rocks at my castle and every band of looters within a thousand miles are telling me I'm an ******* for using said former-vassal-turned-heinous-traitor-*****'s head as a tasteful decoration for my gate.

Its a little (or a lot, gimme a break. I'm having a little fun:iamamoron:) exaggerative, I know. But really? Wtf did I do to you? I did nothing to the rock-thrower, and yet there he is, throwing rocks at me. I mean, he didn't even know the guy!

Soooo, yeah. I only did it once and it was like white on rice. Me being the rice and all, and every kingdom in Calradia being the white, it didn't take long before I was slapped in irons and drug around like they were paying me to be there. Which I wasn't, just to make that clear. It was without consent. So, in a way you could call it political rape. Not cool, Stacey's hot-or-not mom's neighbor, not cool at all. Setting definitely needs to be turned down from 400 down to like "Hey Bob, did you hear Fred got his melon knocked off?" To which Bob replies, "Yes Tim, and your point is? He was a prick and probably got what he deserved." Back to Tim, "Very true..."

Back
Top Bottom