Resolved Execute lords dos not appear to kill them

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:Get a lord as a prisoner then execute him. when I check the encyclopedia lord dos not appear to be dead.
does not look like I'm getting any bad relationship either.
How to Reproduce: Get a lord as a prisoner then execute him.
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video): video link =
Computer Specs:
GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Ti GAMING OC 12GB
GPU Driver Version:512.59
CPU:Intel 9900ks
RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 CL17 32GB
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe M.2

Last edited:
Did you enable birth and death at the start of the game?
No :smile: . Because in the past this has not been necessary. And I have been able to do executions and they have been recorded as dead and no longer part of the game. If it is so you need to enable birth and death at the start of the game for it to work, then I mean that executions should only be possible if birth and death is enable :smile:

Personally, I wish it was possible to execute all prisoners in the game. Regardless of birth and death enable or not . ??

this bug is also in Version number 1.7.2
Im playing 1.7.2 and the deaths do happen, iv been on a rampage on my game, although IF there is a " bug" is indeed because you need to check the birth and death box (i always have it on)

aE9GHmH.jpg

itV7Lja.jpg

Im playing 1.7.2 and the deaths do happen, iv been on a rampage on my game, although IF there is a " bug" is indeed because you need to check the birth and death box (i always have it on)

aE9GHmH.jpg

itV7Lja.jpg
MArdA TaleWorlds said:
The issue is still work in progress.
I was told last time I asked

And i don't think it has anything to do with birth and death enabling or not.
If that was the case then it's strange that MArdA TaleWorlds hasn't said anything about it :smile:

MArdA TaleWorlds said:
The issue is still work in progress.
I was told last time I asked

And i don't think it has anything to do with birth and death enabling or not.
If that was the case then it's strange that MArdA TaleWorlds hasn't said anything about it :smile:
Your reply doesn't make sense.
1 - you said this was a bug in 1.7.2 i already demonstrated that it isn't
2 - Helerek asked you if YOU had enabled death and birth box... and YOU said NO

Again your reply makes 0 sense. Ofc is being analyzed, because the way your worded your problem it was like executions as a mechanic wasn't working at all which is not the case. So either YOU have something wrong with your files or it is indeed related to the box being on or not.

Executions are working correctly and i have multiple runs to prove that it actually works with the box ON.

Edit: I just tested with a new game without the box and indeed the execution doesn't go through, no relation penalty or the Noble being dead.
Vaffel this is the correct way to know for if it works or not and not claim that the mechanic doesn't work and + in your last comment you said
"And i don't think it has anything to do with birth and death enabling or not" which it is related like i said and just tested.

Edit: I just tested with a new game without the box and indeed the execution doesn't go through, no relation penalty or the Noble being dead.
Vaffel this is the correct way to know for if it works or not and not claim that the mechanic doesn't work and + in your last comment you said
"And i don't think it has anything to do with birth and death enabling or not" which it is related like i said and just tested.
Execute a prisoner worked perfectly fine until 1.7.1 without having birth and death enable.

Why have an opportunity to execute a prisoner if you must have enable birth and death at the start of the game for it to work ?

and from what I understand dos birth and death works this way.

Disable death and birth, with this checked, The character, clan mates and NPC lord will NOT dead of old age or in live-combat(where player participates) battles. They also won't make any new babies.
With it unchecked lords and player can die of old age and can make babies who eventually become functional lords. NPC lords and clan mates have a 10% of dying when they take go down in live battle.

and cannot find anything that suggests that executions should only work if birth and death is on.
and since this has worked fine up to 1.7.1, I thought that this is a bug.

Last edited:
Execute a prisoner worked perfectly fine until 1.7.1 without having birth and death enable.

Why have an opportunity to execute a prisoner if you must have enable birth and death at the start of the game for it to work ?

and from what I understand dos birth and death works this way.

Disable death and birth, with this checked, The character, clan mates and NPC lord will NOT dead of old age or in live-combat(where player participates) battles. They also won't make any new babies.
With it unchecked lords and player can die of old age and can make babies who eventually become functional lords. NPC lords and clan mates have a 10% of dying when they take go down in live battle.

and cannot find anything that suggests that executions should only work if birth and death is on.
and since this has worked fine up to 1.7.1, I thought that this is a bug.
It's all good, first of all i guess english is not your main language and you have a little trouble in expressing yourself (im just guessing),
is like you are talking in reverse or something, i will try to clear/understand what you said:

"Disable death and birth, with this checked"
- What do you even mean by this?

"The character, clan mates and NPC lord will NOT dead of old age or in live-combat(where player participates) battles.They also won't make any new babies."
- IF you meant having the box birth and death checked you will have those results that is false, that is exactly what having the box unchecked like you do does and not the opposite.

"With it unchecked lords and player can die of old age and can make babies who eventually become functional lords. NPC lords and clan mates have a 10% of dying when they take go down in live battle."
- Like i said before this is false, it's exactly the opposite of what you are saying.

"and cannot find anything that suggests that executions should only work if birth and death is on."
- I sincerely haven't searched or read about it so i can't confirm or deny

"and since this has worked fine up to 1.7.1, I thought that this is a bug."
- Same answer for this.

Im not a game dev or anything so i can only "guess" about why this doesn't work with the box uncheck (you can't execute), and that would be because they might not want players to just kill nobles left and right and then having no means to end the main quest and/or just end the game prematurely because of this mechanic, again im just guessing here.

Execution works with the birth and death checked because there is always babies coming up so the chance of the game ending because of executions is lower compared to if this was to happen with the box unchecked.

I hope you understand this, because the way you said those things above, you were explaining everything in reverse

Box checked:
Nobles/Companions die - Killed in combat / old age
Babies are born
Execution works

Box unchecked:
Nobles/Companions don't die
Babies are not born/made :sad:
Execution "doesn't work" does not apply the relation penalty and the noble doesn't die.

To finish this, you have been playing with the box unchecked and you expected to have the results from having the box checked so.... that's not how it works. Now the bug IF any would be if executions were actually to work still with the box unchecked.

It's all good, first of all i guess english is not your main language and you have a little trouble in expressing yourself (im just guessing),
is like you are talking in reverse or something, i will try to clear/understand what you said:

- What do you even mean by this?

"The character, clan mates and NPC lord will NOT dead of old age or in live-combat(where player participates) battles.They also won't make any new babies."
- IF you meant having the box birth and death checked you will have those results that is false, that is exactly what having the box unchecked like you do does and not the opposite.

"With it unchecked lords and player can die of old age and can make babies who eventually become functional lords. NPC lords and clan mates have a 10% of dying when they take go down in live battle."
- Like i said before this is false, it's exactly the opposite of what you are saying.

"and cannot find anything that suggests that executions should only work if birth and death is on."
- I sincerely haven't searched or read about it so i can't confirm or deny

"and since this has worked fine up to 1.7.1, I thought that this is a bug."
- Same answer for this.

Im not a game dev or anything so i can only "guess" about why this doesn't work with the box uncheck (you can't execute), and that would be because they might not want players to just kill nobles left and right and then having no means to end the main quest and/or just end the game prematurely because of this mechanic, again im just guessing here.

Execution works with the birth and death checked because there is always babies coming up so the chance of the game ending because of executions is lower compared to if this was to happen with the box unchecked.

I hope you understand this, because the way you said those things above, you were explaining everything in reverse

Box checked:
Nobles/Companions die - Killed in combat / old age
Babies are born
Execution works

Box unchecked:
Nobles/Companions don't die
Babies are not born/made :sad:
Execution "doesn't work" does not apply the relation penalty and the noble doesn't die.

To finish this, you have been playing with the box unchecked and you expected to have the results from having the box checked so.... that's not how it works. Now the bug IF any would be if executions were actually to work still with the box unchecked.
True

- What do you even mean by this? that it is Disable/ turnd off

i have benn playing with death and birth Disable/ turnd off

Hey, i am glad the problem is solved. Thank you for letting us know and please let know if you encounter any other issues.

Back
Top Bottom