SP - General Excess Troops Abandoning

Users who are viewing this thread

Doofus

Sergeant
Background: Just fought a battle outside Askar. Lost 40 troops. Enemies had 44 prisoners offered to me as troops though. Decided to take all but 4 recruit level troops, then thought about it & decided I was going into Askar to sell stuff anyways, so I'd just drop off the 4 troops at Askar. If 4 troops deserted before I got there, since I'd be slow with both 4 troops extra & about 100 prisoners, I could live with the loss of 4 troops.

Soooo....5 seconds later I get a message that 19 troops had deserted. Huh? Why 19? I have plenty off food, morale is close to 60 (not great, but good), we just won a major battle and captured 5 lords, including 2 clan leaders.

I assume this is how Taleworlds wants it though, so I'm not reporting it as a bug. I'm making it a suggestion that Taleworlds changes it so you only lose troops down to your max. At the very least, make it that you lose the amount over your max plus that same amount below it (in this case, 8 troops would be lost to put me 4 under). This really doesn't make sense. My max was 269, so I was less than 2% over may max. In a real army they wouldn't even notice the 4 extra troops. Certainly not during the time they moved from fighting the besieging army to the time it took to walk inside the town being besieged. Isn't there a disorganized state thing? If they are disorganized and keeping a close eye on a large number of prisoners, why are they noticing 4 extra troops and why do 19 desert because of 4 unnoticed troops? Do I have a slave army?

I don't have a save showing details on this or a screenshot, since the message faded away almost immediately before I could think to make a screenshot. (Is there a way of seeing past, fairly recent, messages?)

Here's another example. One of my towns being besieged. I have a few less troops than they do, even though I'm at my max. So I add 6 from prisoners, then go to attack them. It takes me literally 3 seconds to reach them. In that 3 seconds it gives me a message saying 20 troops have deserted me. Huh? 3 seconds later because I'm over 6 it takes away 20? WTF taleworlds? I have plenty of food (about 400), my morale is 72.

Save from around that period uploaded. It should be pretty easy to reproduce, just add troops over your max and see how long it takes for them to desert with others. I try very hard not to do this anymore, so I couldn't tell you if it is still happening, but I assume it is. I appreciate you looking at it.

Save from around that period uploaded. It should be pretty easy to reproduce, just add troops over your max and see how long it takes for them to desert with others. I try very hard not to do this anymore, so I couldn't tell you if it is still happening, but I assume it is. I appreciate you looking at it.
Thank you, got it. We'll investigate it.

Back
Top Bottom