Everything wrong with smithing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Maximum997

Squire
First problem - right now it is uselees and has no purpose.
It cant provide you any money. Products will cost less then components.
It cant give you a weapon better then in the shops. It even cant give you weapon that you want. I spend around 1 mln on melting and still cant craft ANY pike.
Only reason to use it - to get "legendary weapon", but...

Second problem - ABSURD ammont of grind.
It is just ridiculous how much you need to grind. But even when you reached that grind wall prepare to parts unlocks. It is just insanety...
1) It is totaly random. I melted 20 lvl 5 polearms and unlocked handle for 1H axe.
2) You need to spend TONS of money and time.Some guy tested it: To unlock all parts in the game you need to melt 750 000 tier6 weapons. (Some guy tested)
And why the hell we need stamina? For more grind?

Third - you can lvl up almost any skill during actual game. You grind your combat skill during battle gameplay, but at first - you are killing enemies, you grind scouting skill during moving, but at first - you want to move to that target, you improve your trading while making actual money. But you need to dedicate your time in forge to lvl up smithing.

Right now smithing is:

Spend millions of cash, spend dozens of hours, spend 5 focus points (and they are limited) and stats. And after all of that you will get absolutely nothing.

Honestly, I think there should be master smiths that you interact with, with a similar interface but you pay them to do your bidding with your specifications. Why are we toiling away in the smithy? We are warlords for crying out loud. And why shouldn't we be able to pay a master craftsman to craft stuff for us? Could be more types of artisans than smiths for other sort of stuff, like say horse breeders for specified wishes for a horse or someone that makes siege engines, etc.

Honestly, I think there should be master smiths that you interact with, with a similar interface but you pay them to do your bidding with your specifications. Why are we toiling away in the smithy? We are warlords for crying out loud. And why shouldn't we be able to pay a master craftsman to craft stuff for us? Could be more types of artisans than smiths for other sort of stuff, like say horse breeders for specified wishes for a horse or someone that makes siege engines, etc.
These specialized artisians would be amazing! I would also love if they could add craftable armor parts like for example combinating various helmets or craftable rich belt garnitures etc. And I abosluteky agree with these special weapons made for order, like in Viking conquest DLC. The game lacks depth and immersion which Warband and Vikingconquest had.

Back
Top Bottom